List of international presidential trips made by Donald Trump
This is a list of international presidential trips made by Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States. Donald Trump has made seven foreign trips to 18 countries (and also the West Bank) since he assumed the office of presidency on January 20, 2017. The number of visits per country where he traveled are:
- One visit to Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Vatican City, and Vietnam.
- Two visits to Belgium and Italy.
|1||May 20–22, 2017||Saudi Arabia||Riyadh||Met with King Salman and Muslim leaders at the Riyadh Summit. Signed a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia, and was honored with the Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud, his first foreign order. Visited, along with First Lady Melania Trump, the National Museum of Saudi Arabia.|
|May 22–23, 2017||Israel||Jerusalem||Met with President Reuven Rivlin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Visited the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the first sitting U.S. President to do so. Visited the Yad Vashem and delivered an address at the Israel Museum.|
|May 23, 2017||Palestinian National Authority (West Bank)||Bethlehem||Met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.|
|May 23–24, 2017||Italy||Rome||Met with President Sergio Mattarella and Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni.|
|May 24, 2017||Vatican City||Vatican City||Met with Pope Francis.|
|May 24–25, 2017||Belgium||Brussels||Met with King Philippe and Prime Minister Charles Michel. Attended the 28th NATO summit and the U.S.-EU Summit Meeting, where he also met with French President Emmanuel Macron.|
|May 25–27, 2017||Italy||Taormina||Attended the 43rd G7 summit. He also held a bilateral meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.|
|2||July 5–6, 2017||Poland||Warsaw||Met with President Andrzej Duda and Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. Attended the 2nd summit of the Three Seas Initiative. Also gave a speech in front of the Warsaw Uprising Monument in Warsaw's Krasiński Square to honor victims of the past Nazi occupation and Communist domination in Poland.|
|July 6–8, 2017||Germany||Hamburg||Attended the 2017 G20 Hamburg summit, along with his daughter Ivanka Trump. Also held bilateral meetings with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, Indonesian President Joko Widodo, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe, Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and British Prime Minister Theresa May.|
|3||July 13–14, 2017||France||Paris||Met with President Emmanuel Macron. Participated in the Bastille Day Military Parade.|
|4||November 5–7, 2017||Japan||Tokyo||Met with Emperor Akihito and Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.|
|November 7–8, 2017||South Korea||Seoul||State visit. Met with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, and addressed the South Korean National Assembly. Also met with troops from the Eighth United States Army at Camp Humphreys.|
|November 8–10, 2017||China||Beijing||State visit. President Trump arrived in Beijing to meet with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang.|
|November 10–12, 2017||Vietnam||Đà Nẵng,
|State visit. Met with President Trần Đại Quang, Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc and Communist Party General Secretary Nguyễn Phú Trọng. Attended the APEC Vietnam 2017.|
|November 12–14, 2017||Philippines||Manila,
|Attended the 31st ASEAN Summit, but skipped the 12th East Asia Summit. Met with President Rodrigo Duterte.|
|5||January 25–26, 2018||Switzerland||Davos||Attended the World Economic Forum; also held bilateral meetings with British Prime Minister Theresa May and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.|
|6||June 8–9, 2018||Canada||La Malbaie||Attended the 44th G7 summit; also held bilateral meetings with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron.|
|June 10–12, 2018||Singapore||Central Area,
|Attended the summit meeting with North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un, becoming the first ever sitting US President to meet a North Korean leader. Also met with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.|
|7||July 10–12, 2018||Belgium||Brussels||Attended the 29th NATO summit; also held bilateral meetings with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.|
|July 12–15, 2018||United Kingdom||London,
|Met with Prime Minister Theresa May, and watched a joint special forces operation with her at Sandhurst; also with Queen Elizabeth II. Spent weekend at his Turnberry golf resort in Scotland.|
|July 15–16, 2018||Finland||Helsinki||Attended the summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Met with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö.|
Future 2018 trips
The following international trips are scheduled to be made by Donald Trump later during 2018.
|8||November 11, 2018||France||Paris||Has been invited by President Macron to attend to Armistice Day Centenary celebrations in France.|
|November 11–15, 2018||Singapore||Central Area||Has accepted President Halimah Yacob's invitation to make a State Visit to Singapore in November 2018, in conjunction with the 6th ASEAN-US Summit and 13th East Asia Summit. The 33rd Asean summit is scheduled to be held from Nov 11 to 15 in Singapore.|
|November, 2018||Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur||May visit Malaysia after the 6th ASEAN-US Summit and the 13th East Asian Summit in Singapore.|
|May visit Australia before the APEC summit.|
|November 18, 2018||Papua New Guinea||Port Moresby||Scheduled to attend the APEC Papua New Guinea 2018. He will be the first U.S. President to visit the country.|
|9||November 30 – December 1, 2018||Argentina||Buenos Aires||Scheduled to attend the 2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit.|
The following multilateral meetings are scheduled to take place during Donald Trump's 2017–2021 term in office.
|November 30 – December 1,
|██ = Future event ██ = Did not attend|
- Baker, Peter (May 4, 2017). "Trump to Visit Saudi Arabia and Israel in First Foreign Trip". The New York Times. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Revesz, Rachael (May 21, 2017). "Donald Trump signs $110 billion arms deal with nation he accused of masterminding 9/11". The Independent. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "The Latest: Trump to announce Saudi arms deal". Palm Beach Post. May 20, 2017. Archived from the original on May 20, 2017.
- Talev, Margaret; Jacobs, Jennifer (May 21, 2017). "Less Talk Is More on Trump's First Day in Saudi Arabia". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Talev, Margaret (May 22, 2017). "President Trump in Israel: Live updates". CNN. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Bearak, Max. "The huge contrast between Obama's and Trump's visits to Israel's Holocaust memorial". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "President Trump meets with Abbas in Bethlehem, says 'truly hopeful' for peace deal". ABC News. May 23, 2017. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "La prima di Trump a Roma, incontro con il Papa, sale al Colle, poi vede Gentiloni". Ansa. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Trump to visit the Vatican on first foreign trip as president". POLITICO. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- Rucker, Philip. "Trump chastises fellow NATO members, demands they meet payment obligations". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Readout of President Donald J. Trump's Meetings with the King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium and Prime Minister Charles Michel of Belgium". whitehouse.gov. May 25, 2017. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Trump, Macron engage in a little handshake diplomacy". May 25, 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Raw: Trump meets Polish President Duda in Warsaw". USA TODAY.
- "Trump, Croatian leader talk energy; president issues warning to Putin". Vindy.com.
- "The Latest: Trump in Poland for 16-hour stop". ABC News. July 5, 2017. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017.
- Thrush, Glenn; Davis, Julie Hirschfeld (July 6, 2017). "Trump, in Poland, Asks if West Has the 'Will to Survive'" – via www.nytimes.com.
- Buncombe, Andrew (July 8, 2017). "Donald Trump 'behaving like a dictator by leaving underqualified socialite daughter to fill in for him at G20'". The Independent. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Times, The New York (July 6, 2017). "Thousands Protest in Hamburg as Trump Meets With Merkel Before G-20" – via www.nytimes.com.
- (now), Tom McCarthy; (earlier), Jon Henley; Oltermann, Philip; Wolffe, Richard; Walker, Shaun; Oltermann, Philip; Asthana, Anushka (July 7, 2017). "G20: Putin denies US election interference in meeting with Trump, officials say – as it happened" – via www.theguardian.com.
- editor, Anushka Asthana Political (July 8, 2017). "Trump expects trade deal with UK to be completed 'very, very quickly'" – via www.theguardian.com.
- News, ABC. "ABC News". ABC News. Archived from the original on July 25, 2017.
- Ballhaus, Rebecca; Horobin, William (July 15, 2017). "Bastille Day Parade in Paris Enthralls President Trump" – via www.wsj.com.
- Pham, My (April 1, 2017). "Trump sends letter to Vietnam's president to promote ties". Reuters. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Lee-Brago, Pia; Katigbak, Jose (October 26, 2017). "Trump to skip East Asia Summit". The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "Trump to attend elite annual gathering in Davos, Switzerland". Politico. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- "Trump: Date and location for Kim summit 'hasn't changed'". CNN . Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- Armistice Centenary – France to invite world leaders
- "Meeting between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the 45th President of the United States Donald J Trump, 11 June 2018". Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "US President Trump may visit Malaysia after Asean Summit in November, says White House official". The Straits Times. 20 June 2018. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Trump may visit Australia in November". NewsComAu. Retrieved 10 July 2018.