List of jugglers
A juggler is a person who practices object manipulation for entertainment, sport or recreation. Famous professional jugglers have come from many countries and have performed their skills live in circuses, variety theatres, casinos, cruise ships, festivals, street venues and on television. This list shows notable jugglers for reasons of success as a professional performer, world record holder, official competition winner or inventor of patterns or tricks.
- Wilfred Dubois (b. 1892)
- Francis Brunn - numerous appearances on stage and television.
- Lottie Brunn
- Paul Cinquevalli
- Béla Kremo
- Kris Kremo - numerous appearances on stage and television. Holder of cigar box pirouette world record. Son of Béla Kremo.
- Thomas Dietz
- Enrico Rastelli - a former holder of multiple world records. Considered by many to be the greatest juggler in history.
- Niels Duinker - comedy juggler and holder of multiple Guinness World Records.
Russia (or the former USSR)
- Vova and Olga Galchenko
- Sergej Ignatov - former holder of various world records. Many appearances in circuses and on stage.
- Anatoli Miagkostoupov and Viktor Pilipovich
- Alex Barron - holds multiple ball numbers juggling world records
- Sean Gandini - holds multiple ring passing numbers juggling world records
- Rod Laver - notable for ping pong ball juggling routine. Numerous appearances on stage and television worldwide.
- Haggis and Charlie - juggling performers, teachers and authors. Appearances at festivals, stage and television.
- Steve Rawlings - many appearances on stage and television.
- Jack Bremlov - reputedly the first person to juggle seven clubs. Part of a juggling troupe 'The Bremlovs'
- W.C. Fields - Actor and vaudeville performer.
- Dave Finnegan - author of The Complete Juggler, one of the most widely read self teach juggling books
- Dr Hot & Neon - numerous performances on stage and television.
- The Flying Karamazov Brothers - juggling and comedy troupe who have been performing since 1973.
- Jason Garfield - president of the World Juggling Federation
- Anthony Gatto - holds various number juggling world records, considered by many to be the world's greatest juggler.
- Michael Goudeau - ex-circus clown and frequent collaborator of Penn Jillette.
- Bill Irwin - actor, clown and comedian.
- Penn Jillette - half of the duo Penn & Teller, who incorporates his juggling skills into their magic act.
- Albert Lucas - holds some number juggling world records. Club juggling trick 'Alberts' and by association 'Treblas' named after him.
- Marcus Monroe - Comedian and Juggler, Winner of the Andy Kaufman Award
- Bobby May - vaudeville performer
- Steve Mills - inventor of the juggling pattern Mills Mess
- Michael Moschen - popularised contact juggling in 1990s
- Frank Olivier - numerous performances on stage and television.
- Kit Summers - author of Juggling with Finesse
- Paul Klimek - invented siteswap
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jugglers.|
- Alvarez, Francisco. "Juggling - its history and greatest performers". Juggling.org. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Video of Kris and Bela Kremo".
- Nizer, Mark. "Trixie - The First Lady of Juggling". Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Trixie - Appearance in 'Broadway Melody' with Fred Astaire".
- "Sergej Ignatov - Career compilation video".
- "Galchenkos - Club Passing Routine - Moscow State Circus".
- Hewitt, Phil (June 13, 2018). "Gandini Juggling join Worthing's Summer of Circus!". Chichester Observer. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Gardner, Lyn (March 26, 2014). "CircusFest: meet the jugglers taking the artform to dizzy heights". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Haggis and Chips - Appearance on 'New Faces' TV show".
- "Steve Rawlings - Fire juggling - Saturday Night Live".
- "The Bremlovs".
- "W.C. Fields - Plate and ball juggling in film 'Her Majesty Love'".
- "Hot & Neon - Banjo Juggling BBC Television - Paul Daniel's Show".
- Andy Kaufman Award http://andykaufmanaward.com/hall-of-fame/. Retrieved 24 July 2015. Missing or empty
- "Frank Olivier - Ball Juggling Routine - Television".
- "Frank Olivier - Club Juggling Routine - Television".
- Ziethen, Karl-Heinz & Serena, Alessandro 2003 Virtuosos of Juggling, Renegade Juggling, Santa Cruz ISBN 0 9741848 0 2
- Ziethen, Karl-Heinz & Allen, Andrew 1985 Juggling: The Art and its Artists, Werner Rausch & Werner Luft Inc, Berlin ISBN 3-9801140-1-5
- Summers, Kit 1987
- Juggling with Finesse, Finesse Press, San Diego ISBN 0 938981 00 5
- Finnigan, Dave 1987 The Complete Juggler, Vintage Books, New York ISBN 0 394 74678 3
- Dancey, Charlie 2001 Encyclopedia of Ball Juggling, Butterfingers, Devon ISBN 1 898591 13 X
- Dancey, Charlie 1995 Compendium of Club Juggling Butterfingers, Bath ISBN 1 898591 14 8