List of killings by law enforcement officers in China
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- June 8: A man in an apartment complex was shot dead by police in Foshan, Guangdong, who fired warning shots, striking him. The police responded to a street dispute.
- November: 28 terrorists, wanted in connection with a deadly coal mine assault, were shot dead by police in Xinjiang.
- July: A man was killed and another was wounded by police during a protest at a construction site in Luoyang.
- June: A man was shot dead by police at a train station in Xian, after wielding a concrete brick at people.
- May: Man shot by police in Beijing.
- January: Six would-be suicide bombers were shot dead by police in Xinjiang province.
- December: In Guangxi province, a group of suspected religious extremists were illegally crossing into Vietnam and one of them was shot and killed by police.
- November 5: taxi driver fleeing from police was shot dead in Guangzhou.
- November: Three gang members were shot and killed in Guangzhou as they held knives and resisted arrest from police.
- October: Drug dealing suspect engages shootout with police in Guangzhou and is shot dead by police. A bystander and a police officer were also killed.
- August: Three protesters, Tsewang Gonpo, 60, Yeshe, 42; and Jinap Tharchin, 18, were shot by police in Ganzi, Sichuan province. They died in a detention center from their injuries.
- May: Man in village shot by police after quarrel. Yunnan province.
- May: Man with knife shot by police while driving truck.
- May: In Lam Tin, Hong Kong, 21-year-old Ho Sai-tung was wielding a box cutter at his estranged wife. Two police officers shot and killed him.
- Eight people were shot dead by police in Xinjiang after a terrorist attack.
- November: In Guigang a police officer fatally shot a pregnant woman after a dispute in a restaurant. The officer was arrested and charged for the shooting.
- July 17: Deng Zhengjia, a watermelon vendor, was confronted by police in Linwu. Police struck him with a weight scale, and later died.
- July 1: A man was killed by a police officer in Shenzhen who filed a false report that the victim was involved in a robbery. The officer was sentenced to death for the encounter but the death sentence was suspended.
- July 18: 2011 Hotan attack. Fourteen attackers, who killed two hostages and two security guards, were killed in a firefight with police in Hotan, Xinjiang.
- March 17: Dil Limbu was shot and killed by a police officer in Hong Kong.
- September 30: Nangpa La shooting incident. 17-year-old Kelsang Namtso, a Tibetan protester, was killed after attempting to leave Tibet.
- "Chinese man killed in flat after police officers fires into the air to stop street dispute". South China Morning Post.
- "28 terrorists shot dead in Xinjiang, reports local media". GB Times.
- China police shoot dead man at construction site, Straits Times
- China Police shoot man seeking aid for family, Yahoo News
- Police shoot dead six, Radio Free Asia
- Pregnant Wife of Fatally Shot Protester Commits Suicide, Radio Free Asia
- Shootings rise after China gives its police guns, Associated Press
- Police probe fatal shooting of 21-year-old by officers, South China Morning Post