List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, December 2014
This is a list of people reported killed by non-military law enforcement officers in the United States in December 2014, whether in the line of duty or not, and regardless of reason or method. The listing documents the occurrence of a death, making no implications regarding wrongdoing or justification on the part of the person killed or officer involved. Killings are arranged by date of the incident that caused death. Different death dates, if known, are noted in the description.
For lists of killings from other years, see: List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States.
The table below lists 87 individuals. (This number should update automatically when changes are saved.)
|Date||Name (Age) of Deceased||State (City)||Description|
|2014-12-31||Eric Tyrone Forbes (28)||Florida (Miami)||An armed robbery suspect was shot and killed by Miramar police officers after a chase into Liberty City. Two Miramar officers are relieved of duty with pay; standard with Miami police shootings.|
|2014-12-31||Pacini, Joseph (52)||Pennsylvania (Upper Darby Township)||Five officers – two from Upper Darby, two from Clifton Heights and one from Haverford – fired their service weapons, killing a man with mental illness who made threats against them on YouTube. According to police, he tried to run them over with his car. “The car was smoldering,” said a bystander.|
|2014-12-31||Williams, Kaileb Cole (20)||Montana (Missoula)||A intoxicated man killed by a Missoula police officer was allegedly strangling his girlfriend in a car before the officer fired the lethal shot. "He was non-compliant with the officers' instructions and negotiation efforts," a spokesperson said.|
|2014-12-31||unidentified (??)||Kentucky (Olive Hill)||According to a press release, Kentucky State Police responded to a domestic violence call shot and killed a man after he shot at them.|
|2014-12-31||unidentified (??)||California (Compton)||A woman pointing a gun at the father of her children when Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies arrived. “Deputies gave the female several commands to drop the gun, however she did not comply. Fearing for the safety of the victim, that the female suspect would shoot and kill him, deputies fired at the female suspect striking her.” The woman was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead.|
|2014-12-30||Reid, Jerame (36)||New Jersey (Bridgeton)||Two officers shot and killed Jerame Reid during a traffic stop. Reid exited the car, apparently with his hands raised, before the officers opened fire.|
|2014-12-29||Battaglia, Robert (28)||California (Paradise)||The deceased's mother called 911 for help with her son who had a long history of mental illness. When Butte County deputies arrived they say Battaglia stabbed one before the other shot and killed him.|
|2014-12-28||Scott, David (28)||Florida (Jacksonville)||Jacksonville Sheriff's SWAT team shot and killed a murder suspect outside his sister's apartment. “They saw him hold the object like a gun, pointed it like a gun and was shot 21 times, and struck him in the torso and extremities,” said a sheriff's department spokesperson. Investigators say the object was a box stuffed in a black sock.|
|2014-12-27||McCloskey, Matt (10)||New Jersey (Franklin Township, Gloucester County)||Franklin Township police officer Nicholas Locilento hit and killed McCloskey who was crossing a street with another child and two adults. Locilento'a cruiser lights and sirens were not turned on.|
|2014-12-27||McGehee, Nicholas (28)||Utah (Stansbury Park)||The deceased's wife called for help with a medical emergency. Police spotted McGehee carrying a shotgun. They confronted him and he pointed a handgun at them. They shot and killed McGehee, a military recruiter.|
|2014-12-27||Kindgren, Darren (51)||Alabama (Holly Pond)||A Cullman County sheriff's deputy responding to a distress call for a suicidal man shot and killed him. Police say the deceased had a 3-foot sword.|
|2014-12-27||unidentified (51)||Arizona (Dewey)||A Yavapai County Sheriff's officer shot and killed a suicidal man at a Prescott Country Club residence. A statement released to the media said the man pointed a handgun at deputies.|
|2014-12-27||Schiffer, Craig (54)||New York (East Islip)||Two Suffolk County Sheriff's deputies responding to an emergency call on Long Island struck a pedestrian who later died.|
|2014-12-26||Hebebrand, John (43)||Ohio (Bedford)||Hebebrand's girlfriend called Bedford police for assistance, "My boyfriend came home drunk, and he's destroying the whole living room. I need police here now." Hebebrand told officers he had a gun and was Taser'd. Officers say he then lunged at them with a knife so they shot and killed him. Media reports Hebebrand had multiple convictions for violence against police.|
|2014-12-26||Smith, Quentin (23)||Florida (Cocoa)||A Brevard County Sheriff's deputy Richard Clements shot and killed Smith who had shot up his brother's apartment on Christmas Day. Clements told fellow officers Smith had threatened him with a gun. Sheriff Wayne Ivey said, "This is someone who had indicated a suicide by cop concept. I perceive this as totally unrelated to anything else we see goin on in the country."|
|2014-12-26||Smith, Carlton (20)||Texas (Texas City)||A Texas City officer shot and killed Carlton Wayne “Chimmy” Smith who the officer said was firing a gun in a night club parking lot and at people leaving the club. Police say the deceased aimed the weapon at the officer, who then shot and killed him. After the shooting, a crowd gathered and reportedly started throwing bottles and rocks at the officers. Friends and relatives told the media Smith had taken the gun away from another person, who had been shooting into the air, and did not aim it at the officer.|
|2014-12-26||Gilbert, Terrence (25)||Illinois (Chicago)||Two police officers shot and killed a suicidal man when he charged at them with a knife. Earlier, when confronted, the deceased had stabbed and injured a third officer.|
|2014-12-25||Cesena, Francisco (40)||California (San Diego)||After being tasered by a US Border Inspector, a US citizen who was crossing the border into the US from Mexico on foot, died. Police say Cesena jumped over a counter and attacked a border agent. During the fight, Cesena was tasered.|
|2014-12-25||Rodriguez, Omar (39)||California (Coachella)||Riverside County Sheriff's spokesperson said a female officer shot and killed Rodriguez after he tried to take the deputy's baton. He was identified by the spokesperson as a "suspicious person."|
|2014-12-24||Shatara, Khamis (21)||Florida (Palm Beach)||An off-duty Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy was arrested by Delray Beach police after a shooting and killing his son after a dispute.|
|2014-12-24||Gray, Gregory (33)||District of Columbia (Washington)||District officers fatally shot a man suspected in a robbery at after the man reportedly pulled a gun on police who were pursuing him. Police initially misidentified Gray as Raymond Robinson, age 29.|
|2014-12-24||Jenkins, Robert (55)||Oregon (Reedsport)||Jenkins' Subaru was pulled over on a rural highway and on fire. An Oregon Department of Justice investigator who was not on duty stopped to assist, as did Reedsport police and Douglas County deputies shortly thereafter. A Reedsport officer shot Jenkins and he died later in the day at Lower Umpqua Hospital.|
|2014-12-24||Martin, Antonio (18)||Missouri (Berkeley)||Police shot and killed Martin after he allegedly pointed a gun at them outside of a gas station in Berkeley, just two miles from Ferguson, Missouri.|
|2014-12-24||Frazier, Nicholas (28)||Montana (Deer Lodge)||A Deer Lodge police officer shot and killed a suicidal man after he pointed a gun at officers who were confronting him.|
|2014-12-22||Leake, Austin (20)||Georgia (DeKalb County)||A suicidal man confronted by the DeKalb County SWAT team began shooting at officers. They returned fire and killed him.|
|2014-12-22||Salas, Jose (29)||New Mexico (Las Cruces)||Las Cruces police chased Salas into a wide drainage ditch then spent two hours trying to get him out using tear gas. When he emerged, police say he brandished a gun and was then shot and killed by officers.|
|2014-12-22||Todd, Allen (27)||Kentucky (Independence)||Police say a robbery suspect resisted arrest after a car chase and was killed by officers. "The subject was apprehended for a short period of time. At that point was when the subject did not reply to verbal commands," a Kentucky State Patrol spokesperson said. "At that point the subject was shot and pronounced deceased at that point."|
|2014-12-22||Monroe, James (61)||Florida (Lakeland)||A man who had exhibited signs of mental illness including psychosis and suicidal ideation was shot and killed by Lakeland police at the end of a five-hour standoff. “Jim was crazy,” said Monroe's step-daughter. “It (the shooting) comes as a shock because he talked about how much he loved her, but I never thought he’d harm her.”|
|2014-12-21||Long, James (52)||Delaware (Dover)||A man with a long history of mental illness was shot to death by police, just hours after telling a state-run crisis hotline operator that he planned to commit “suicide by cop.” The operator sent police officers to his home.|
|2014-12-21||Corson, William (53)||California (Auburn)||Placer County Sheriff's spokesperson say Corson shot over 100 rounds from his home and set a garage on fire. After a five-hour stand off, deputies shot and killed him.|
|2014-12-20||Locke, Allen (30)||South Dakota (Rapid City)||Rapid City Police officer Anthony Meirose shot Locke over five times, killing him. A police spokesperson said Locke charged at the officer with a knife inside an apartment.|
|2014-12-19||Bohatch, Andrew (59)||Pennsylvania (Perryopolis)||Bohatch was killed after a collision with Perryopolis officer Richard Champion who was speeding on Route 51 with lights and sirens on. Officer Champion died at the scene.|
|2014-12-19||Champion, Richard (35)||Pennsylvania (Perryopolis)||See Bohatch above. Champion was mourned by 400 officers from departments throughout southwestern Pennsylvania.|
|2014-12-19||Vitug, Joanna||Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan)||Officer Christropher Santos shot his girlfriend Joanna Vitug to death and then committed suicide. The shooting occurred when he was on duty.|
|2014-12-18||Estrada, Richard (17)||California (Willow Creek)||A California Highway Patrol officer, Tim Gray, was investigating a car accident on Highway 299 in rural Humboldt County, and was attacked by the driver with a machete, Richard Frederick Tis Mil Estrada. Gray received serious wounds to his arm, face, and hand, and then shot Estrada at least once. A second CHP officer arrived to the scene several minutes later and attempted to handcuff Estrada but he resisted arrest and was then Tasered. Two good Samaritans also assisted in helping handcuff Estrada. He quickly died from the gunshot wounds.|
|2014-12-18||Simpson, Sandra (33)||Texas (Midland)||Sgt. Chad Simpson shot and killed his wife Sandra and then himself. They left behind two toddlers.|
|2014-12-18||Simpson, Chad (34)||Texas (Midland)||See Sandra Simpson, above.|
|2014-12-18||Krout, Brent (39)||Indiana (Zionsville)||After a highway car chase and a long negotiation, an Indiana State Trooper shot and killed a suspect. After eight hours, Krout exited his car and "took a defensive stance and pointed his weapon at officers" said a State police spokesperson.|
|2014-12-18||Dawson, Joshua (35)||Arizona (Phoenix)||Phoenix officers responded to a 911 call for help about a man throwing rocks. They report the man threw knives at them before they shot and killed him.|
|2014-12-17||Mar, Johnathon (18)||Minnesota (Shoreview)||A Kennewick Washington high school student was shot and killed by officers from Hennepin County and Brooklyn Center Police after a highway car chase. They report Mar "brandished" a gun before they shot him. Mar is suspected of a rest stop killing hours before.|
|2014-12-17||Pinson, Julius (48)||California (Costa Mesa)||Two Costa Mesa police officers, serving a warrant, exchanged gunfire with Pinson, killing him.|
|2014-12-17||Padilla, Adam (34)||New Mexico (Albuquerque)||A Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed Padilla after a roadside struggle. Padilla' girlfriend told media they had been pulled over for an expired auto registration.|
|2014-12-17||Unidentified (21)||Washington (Tacoma)||Pierce County sheriff's deputies shot and killed a homicide suspect after he allegedly pulled a gun and fired a shot when the deputies confronted him.|
|2014-12-17||Castoreno, Henry (48)||Texas (San Antionio)||Shot after a confrontation which ended with a fatal hit and run|
|2014-12-16||Osterlind, William (18)||Arizona (Phoenix)||A teen experiencing a mental health crisis and armed with a handgun was shot and killed by a Phoenix police sharpshooter after an extended standoff when he attempted to enter a private home.|
|2014-12-16||Worsfold, Andrew (25)||Iowa (Marshalltown)||Marshalltown Officers Ramon Maxey and Benjamin Scheevel encountered Worsfold, who they said was armed with a handgun. No other reason for the shooting was reported in the media.|
|2014-12-15||Healey, Cody (28)||Florida (Pensacola)||On December 1, two Escambia County Sheriff's deputies used their Tasers on a 130-pound man in a mental health crisis five times until he lost consciousness. His family took him off life support two weeks later.|
|2014-12-15||Morrow, Valerie (40)||Pennsylvania (Glenolden)||A Delaware County deputy, Stephen Rozniakowski, kicked down the door to her Morrow's home, ran up the stairs and shot her, authorities said. Morrow's husband shot and wounded Rozniakowski, who also wounded Morrow's teen daughter. Morrow and Rozniakowski had dated when the Morrows were estranged.|
|2014-12-15||McDonald, Xavier (16)||Tennessee (Nashville)||A 16-year-old robbery suspect locked himself in an apartment bathroom. An officer persuaded McDonald to come out then felt a gun as she patted him down. Another officer tried to Taser McDonald, and McDonald opened fire, hitting a third officer in the leg. Four other officers shot back, killing McDonald.|
|2014-12-15||Sutton, Michael (23)||Mississippi (Ridgeland)||A Ridgeland Police officer shot and killed Sutton who police say was suspected of a carjacking and shot at officers.|
|2014-12-15||Grigsby, Dennis (35)||Texas (Texarkana)||A Texarkana police officer shot and killed Grigsby who was holding a spoon. Witnesses inside a home told 911 officers Grisby had been beating on a window.|
|2014-12-14||Torres, Daniel (51)||Florida (St. Johns County)||A woman called 911 claiming her estranged husband, who did not live at the home, was trying to force his way in. Deputies say Torres cut a window screen with a knife, opened a window, and leaned inside while yelling at another woman inside the home. That woman called Torres' wife who wasn't home at the time, and she called 911. The other woman left out the back with two kids. Responding deputies approached Torres on foot and he turned toward them, still holding the knife. He refused to comply with their orders and was fatally shot by deputy Christina Dobbs.|
|2014-12-14||Tate-Brown, Brandon (26)||Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)||Two rookie officers say Tate-Brown reached for a gun in his car as they tried to struggled with him. They stopped Tate-Brown for not having his headlights on.|
|2014-12-13||Gluchacki, Charles (65)||California (Perris)||A Riverside County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a burglary suspect.|
|2014-12-13||Hall, Logan Patrick (22)||Ohio (Mt. Vernon)||Mount Vernon police shot and killed a person after a report of a domestic dispute, a police spokesperson said.|
|2014-12-12||Rodriquez, Joseph (??)||Kansas (Topeka)||Witnesses told local media Topeka police officers obliged a resident who pointed a gun at them and screamed, "someone please kill me, please." The witness continued, “I could see the look in his eye. You could tell he was just a frustrated, poor, you know, kid in the ghetto."|
|2014-12-12||Gordon, Randall (27)||Tennessee (Sevierville)||Sevierville officers responding to a domestic dispute confronted Gordon who was intoxicated. Officer Adam Akers shot Randall Gorden, 27, after Gorden pointed a pistol at the officers. A police spokesperson said Akers and other department members would pray for the Gordon family.|
|2014-12-12||Jowers, Thurrell (22)||Missouri (Poplar Bluff)||A Poplar Bluff Police shot and killed Jowers. A Missouri State Highway Patrol spokesperson described Jowers stabbed an unidentified person with a knife and "charged at the officers with the knife."|
|2014-12-12||Landi, Anthony (27)||Florida (Palm Beach Gardens)||Officers were called to the scene because a witness said Landi had a gun. Officers say Landi pointed the gun at them prior to their shooting and killing him.|
|2014-12-10||Unidentified (??)||California (Wildomar)||A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a suspected car thief after a car chase.|
|2014-12-10||Atencio, Brandon (28)||Colorado (Canon City)||Police say Atencio charged at them after a short foot chase. They shot and killed him.|
|2014-12-10||Faison, Travis (24)||North Carolina (Sanford)||Faison's cousin told media, "The police was knocking at the door to serve him with a warrant. My brother was on the phone and heard all of this. A scuffle went on I guess and a gunshot went off and my cousin was shot and killed." Police say they were serving a warrant.|
|2014-12-10||Minier, Randall (27)||Michigan (Lansing Township)||Lansing Township police officer shot and killed Minier during a traffic stop. A state police investigator said Minier "displayed a gun to the officers."|
|2014-12-09||Degutis, Thomas (78)||Maryland (Middle River)||An eight-year veteran of the Essex Precinct identified as Officer Ruth hit and killed Degutis at an intersection during a hit-and-run chase. Degutis was not involved in the hit-and-run call, police said.|
|2014-12-09||Laco, John (84)||Indiana (Lake Station)||Eighty-four-year-old John Laco was sitting in his car in the parking lot of Lake Station, Indiana city hall with a 16-gauge shotgun. Police arrived and ordered him to drop the shotgun, Laco then got out of the car, pointed the shotgun at the officers, and fired. Officers immediately returned fire killing the man.|
|2014-12-09||Merritt, Joshua (31)||Florida (Yulee)||Nassau County Sheriff's deputies returning fire shot and killed Merritt, authorities said. A neighbor's 911 call said Merritt was firing a rifle near their home.|
|2014-12-08||Peters, Calvin (49)||New York (New York City)||A man barged into the Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic synagogue with a knife, yelled "kill all the Jews!" and stabbed and injured a student. NYPD officers arrived to the scene and demanded Peters to drop his knife. Peters dropped the knife but picked it up and then charged at officers. An officer fired one shot in Peters' torso. Peters was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. According to police, Peters had an extensive history of mental illness.|
|2014-12-08||Doss, Christopher (41)||Texas (San Antonio)||Members of the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force attempted to arrest Doss for murder. When he reached for his gun, a sheriff's deputy shot and killed him.|
|2014-12-07||Ochoa-Manza, Guadalupe (27)||California (Oakland)||Ochoa was attempted to be pulled over by police for suspicion of driving a stolen truck. She refused to pull over and lead San Leandro Police Department officers on a chase that ended in East Oakland. Ochoa allegedly rammed several police cars near a cul-de-sac and officers responded by shooting the woman. She died two days later at a hospital.|
|2014-12-07||Nowlin, Jerry (39)||Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)||Sgt. Christopher Grimes and Sgt. Joshua Castleberry shot Nowlin after they attempted to stop Nowlin's vehicle. Grimes and Castleberry told fellow officers Nowlin refused to stop and then crashed his car into a gate at an apartment complex and fled on foot. Grimes and Castleberry chased the man and said he pulled out a weapon before they killed him.|
|2014-12-07||Moore, Anthony (31)||Nevada (Las Vegas)||Police shot a man inside the Rio Hotel and Casino after confronting him for a robbery.|
|2014-12-05||Folsom, Joseph Glenn, Jr., (61)||South Carolina (Camden)||Folsom was shot and killed at his home by a U.S. Marshall seeking to arrest him for an outstanding bench warrant. The South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division is investigating.|
|2014-12-05||Gutierrez, Delbert Rodriguez (21)||Florida (Wynwood)||Police vehicle strikes graffiti suspect during chase when he jumps out from between two parked cars.|
|2014-12-05||Wear, David (42)||California (Los Angeles)||Responding to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon, LAPD officers confronted a man with a pocket knife near the Hollywood Walk of Fame. When he approached the officers, they shot him and killed him.|
|2014-12-10||Lee, Franklin (58)||Georgia (Cairo)||Lee was pepper-sprayed, arrested for public intoxication and taken to Cairo County Jail. He died some hours later; Georgia Bureau of Investigations has the case. "I've watched a video where he is put in hand cuffs with his hands behind his back, I mean put in hand cuffs and I don't see any resistance at all. I want to know what happened outside of those doors after that," said his niece Tabitha Whitfield.|
|2014-12-04||Cordero-Rivera, Alejandro (32)||Florida (Orlando)||Cordero-Rivera was shot in front of his home when police saw a gun with him in his parked car. The Orlando Police Department issued the statement, "Due to the perceived deadly threat, one of the detectives removed his weapon from its holster and shot the suspect."|
|2014-12-04||Honea, William Lee (33)||Oklahoma (Grant)||After a high-speed chase, the suspect got out of the car with a rifle. An exchange of shots followed and two Choctaw County Sheriff's Deputies killed the suspect.|
|2014-12-04||Martinez, Raymond Keith (51)||Louisiana (West Monroe)||Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office shot and killed a homeless man. "He said when he wasn't drinking he had to remember and he didn't want to remember. He never bothered anybody," said local residents.|
|2014-12-04||Moller, Karin (55)||Maine (South Berwick)||York and South Berwick officers both opened fire on a suicidal woman who they say pointed a gun at them.|
|2014-12-02||Jones, William (50)||North Carolina (Red Springs)||Two Robeson County Sheriff's deputies used a stun gun on Jones who was found by them walking erratically and without a shirt. Authorities said Jones was uncooperative.|
|2014-12-02||Brisbon, Rumain (34)||Arizona (Phoenix)||A police officer who was feeling threatened used lethal force on an unarmed man. The incident left the officer unharmed and Brisbon, 34, dead with two bullet wounds in his torso. Brisbon had a pill bottle in his hand when he was shot, in which the officer allegedly believed was a firearm.|
|2014-12-02||Reyna, Gilbert (55)||Texas (Fort Worth)||A Fort Worth police officer is on leave after shooting a man who police say had entered a retail store with a screwdriver and a baseball bat. The man charged the officer outside the store and was fatally shot once in the chest.|
|2014-12-02||Unidentified (??)||California (Los Angeles)||LAPD shot and killed a man after he stabbed a woman.|
|2014-12-01||Pepper, John Earl (45)||South Carolina (Anderson County)||Having been called for a welfare check on a dangerous man, police surrounded the home. When the man broke a window and pointed a gun at police, he was shot.|
|2014-12-01||Price, Lincoln (24)||Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)||According to police, during a traffic stop officers were trying to take into custody two passengers with outstanding warrants. Price got out of the car and began shooting. The officers returned fire, killing him.|
|2014-12-01||Rodriquez, Rosendo Gino (49)||Texas (Midland)||Police found a machete-wielding man in a home they had entered. Failing to subdue him by firing bean bags and after one officer had been hit with the flat side of the machete blade, they fired their guns, killing him.|
|2014-12-01||Unidentified (??)||Texas (Harris County)||Two Harris County Sheriff deputies say they shot and killed a suspicious male between 20 and 30. He carried no identification.|
- Death in custody
- Encounter killings by police (India)
- List of American police officers killed in the line of duty
- List of cases of police brutality
- Lists of killings by law enforcement officers
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States
- Lynching in the United States
- Police brutality in the United States
- Police use of deadly force in the United States
- "Armed robbery suspect shot to death by Miramar police in Liberty City following chase". Miami Herald. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "1 dead in New Year's Eve police-involved shooting in Miami". Local10.com. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Bizarre online rants lead to fatal, police-involved shooting in Drexel Hill". Delco News. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Missoula man shot, killed by police officer was strangling girlfriend". Missoulian. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Man killed in Missoula officer-involved shooting ID'd". KPAX. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Kentucky man dead in officer-involved shooting". Huntington Herald Dispatch. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Armed woman killed in Compton deputy-involved shooting". Long Beach Press Telegram. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- Masunaga, Samantha (23 January 2015). "Video of New Jersey police shooting fuels debate on use of force". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Man shot Monday allegedly stabbed one deputy, shot by second". Paradise Post. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Police fatally shoot murder suspect in SWAT standoff". Action News. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Franklin Twp. police officer on administrative leave after car strikes child". New Jersey Online. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Man shot, killed in confrontation with Tooele deputy". KSL. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Man fatally shot by Cullman County deputy". AP. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Man killed by deputies was armed with 3-foot sword". Cullman Times. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man in Dewey". PUB. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Pedestrian Hit by Suffolk County Police Car Dies". NBC New York. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Man shot by Bedford police ID'd, authorities release 9-1-1 call". Cleveland Plain Dealer. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Bedford Police shoot and kill knife-wielding man". 19ActionNews. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Sheriff: Brevard deputy fatally shoots armed, wanted man". WESH.com. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Police shoot, kill man firing gun in Texas City parking lot". KVUE. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Bar owner: Video supports Texas City police account of shooting". Galveston Daily News. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Suicidal man shot to death by police after attacking officer with knife". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- "U.S. citizen dies after being shot with stun gun at border crossing". Fox News. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Man killed after being shocked by Taser at San Ysidro entry identified". KUSI. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Suspect identified in deadly Coachella officer involved shooting". KESQ. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Off-duty Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy involved in Delray Beach shooting". WPTV. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Man, 21, found dead in Delray domestic shooting was deputy's son, police say". WPTV. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Man, 21, found dead in Delray domestic shooting was deputy's son, police say". Palm Beach Sun Sentinel. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "2 shot, 1 fatally, after reportedly pulling guns on D.C. police officers". Washington Times. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Family of man killed by D.C. police wants to know why he was misidentified for days". Washington Post. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Roseburg man dies from injuries in officer-involved shooting near Reedsport". Register Guard. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Berkeley officer fatally shoots teenager". St Louis Today. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "See the Aftermath of the Fatal Police Shooting of Antonio Martin". Time. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Deer Lodge policeman kills man after responding to report of suicide threat". The Montana Standard. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Gunman killed in DeKalb police shootout identified". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Man Killed In Las Cruces Police Shooting Identified". KRWG. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Florence robbery suspect pursuit ends in officer-involved shooting in Independence". WCPO. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Lakeland Man Killed in Police Standoff, Wife Found Dead Inside House". Lakeland Ledger. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Dover man shot to death by police in apparent 'suicide by cop'". Dover Post. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Man in Auburn standoff identified". News10.net. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Police identify man killed by officer". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Uniontown man involved in fatal collision with police officer dies". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Uniontown man involved in fatal collision with police officer dies". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Mourners gather in Ligonier for fallen Perryopolis police officer". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Cop shot woman, Saipan Tribune
- CHP: Officer attacked with machete before fatal shooting, Times Standard, December 19, 2014.
- "Midland Police Officer's Wife Declared Dead". NewsWest9.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "Midland Police Officer's Wife Declared Dead". NewsWest9.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "State police kill Zionsville man after pursuit, standoff". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Rock, knife-throwing suspect shot by police dies". KPHO.com. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Washington teen identified as suspect killed in shooting". PUB. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Julius L. Pinson Had Texas and New Mexico Arrest Warrants Before Cop Shot Him Dead". Orange County Register. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Struggle occurred before deputy fatally shot man". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Deputies shoot, kill homicide suspect in Tacoma". KING TV. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- Arthur, Myra. "SAPD: 2 dead after hit-and-run at Taco Cabana, police shooting". ABC KSAT 12. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Teen dies of injuries in Phoenix officer shooting". Arizona Republic. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Marshalltown Police Fatally Shoot Armed Suspect Overnight". WHOTV.com. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Police fatally shoot man in Marshalltown". Telegraph Herald. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Man dies two weeks after being Taser'd". Pensacola News Journal. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Delco D.A.: Psycho cop snaps, kills woman, shoots her daughter". PUB. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Nashville police kill 16-year-old suspect who shot officer". Times Free Press. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Man killed by law enforcement officers wanted in previous crimes". WLBT.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Suspected burglar shot by Texarkana officer was armed with a spoon". KSLA.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Deputies: Suspect killed had knife, didn't comply". News4Jax. December 15, 2015. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "Man killed by deputy was armed with knife". St. Augustine Record. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Philadelphia Police Officer Shoots Suspect in Head During Deadly Struggle". NBC News. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Suspect Killed In Deputy-Involved Shooting Near Perris". CBS News. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Burge, Sarah. "GOOD HOPE: Man fatally shot by deputies appeared mentally ill, resident says". Press Enterprise. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Mount Vernon police shoot, kill person on domestic-abuse call". Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Lyttle, Eric. "Mount Vernon chief cites ‘chaotic’ scene before police killed man". The Columbus Dispacth. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Man pointed gun at police and bystanders before being fatally wounded by TPD officers". Topeka Capital-Journal. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- "Sevierville Police name officer, man involved in fatal shooting". WBIR.com. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- "Suspect identified after officer-involved shooting in Poplar Bluff". kfvs12.com. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- "Man killed by police after firing at cops in Palm Beach Gardens". Palm Beach Post. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "Police chase ends in fatal shooting". The Press Enterprise. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- "Officer, Suspect In Fatal Shooting ID'd". KKTV.com. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "24-year-old man dead in Sanford officer-involved shooting, family says". WNCN.com. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Name of man killed by Lansing Twp. officer released". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Officer involved in fatal crash in Middle River revealed". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Armed Man, 84, Fatally Shot by Police Outside City Hall in Indiana, WMAQ-TV, December 9, 2014.
- "Sheriff: Gunman dies after shootout with deputies". FirstCoastNews.com. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Calvin Peters of Valley Stream shot by police after stabbing student in synagogue, NYPD says, Associated Press, December 9, 2014.
- "Man killed as officers executed warrant for capital murder". San Antonio Express News. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Woman shot dead by San Leandro police IDd, San Francisco Chronicle, December 17, 2014.
- "ME: Officer-involved shooting victim died from gunshot wound to head". KOCO.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "One dead in police shooting inside Rio casino early today". KSNV. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Suspect from Oregon fatally shot by police at Vegas resort". Salem Statesman Journal. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Saavedra, Lara. "SLED investigating officer-involved shooting in Camden". WISTV.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Rabin, Charles. "Graffiti ‘tagger’ dies after being hit by Miami police car". Miami Herald. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- Ryan, Kennedy. "Man Allegedly Armed With Knife Fatally Shot by LAPD Officers at Hollywood and Highland". KTLA5. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Cocca, Christina. "Police Shoot, Kill Man With Pocket Knife Near Hollywood Walk of Fame". NBCLosAngeles.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "David Scott Wear, 42". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "South Georgia Man Found Dead Under the Custody of Cairo Police". WCTV.tv. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "Orlando burglary suspect dies after police shooting". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "UPDATE: Suspect killed outside Choctaw Casino in Grant, Okla. identified". KTen.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Officer-involved shooting in West Monroe". KNOE.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "West Monroe Police Officer On Leave After Fatal Shooting". myarklamiss.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Officer-involved shooting at West Monroe store". MySA.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Woman shot by police in South Berwick after pointing gun at officer". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Man dies after being shot with stun gun by deputies". WNCN.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Philip, Angel. "Phoenix police: Officer shoots, kills man at apartment complex". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Emechebe, O. "Man killed by Phoenix police identified". SunTimes Phoenix. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Limon, Janice. "Fort Worth police fatally shoot robbery suspect". Star Telegram. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Nagy, Monica S. "Officer’s name released in The Gas Pipe shooting". Star-Telegram. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Robbery suspect killed by Fort Worth officer identified". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "LAPD Kills Armed Man After He Stabs Woman". ABC7.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Limon, Janice. "Sheriff: Suicidal man points gun at deputies; Deputy fires shot". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Medley, Robert. "UPDATE: One dead, one Oklahoma City police officer shot in shootout, police say". NewsOK. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "Police release names of officers, suspect in Monday night shooting". KOCO.com. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Duvall, Tessa. "UPDATED: City releases name of deceased man involved in today's shooting". Midland Reporter Telegram. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Glenn, Michael. "1 dead in officer-involved shooting in NW Harris". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Campion, Steve. "Witness Describes Scene During Deputy Involved Shooting in NW Harris Co.". ABC13.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.