List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, September 2018
This is a list of people reported killed by non-military law enforcement officers in the United States in September 2018, whether in the line of duty or not, and regardless of reason or method. The listing documents the occurrence of a death, making no implications regarding wrongdoing or justification on the part of the person killed or officer involved. Killings are arranged by date of the incident that caused death. Different death dates, if known, are noted in the description.
For lists of killings from other years, see: List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States.
The table below lists 4 individuals. (This number should update automatically when changes are saved.)
|Date||Name (and age) of deceased||State (city)||Description|
|2018-09-19||Matthew T. Graves (33)||Oregon (Eagle Point)||Two police officers approached Graves in a fast-food restaurant bathroom. The officers later said he had jaywalked. After an argument, one of the officers shot Graves twice in the back, killing him. The officers said they believed Graves had a gun, but he was unarmed; they had mistaken one of their taser on the floor as a gun. A post-mortem examination found no traces of alcohol or drugs in Graves' body.|
|2018-09-07||Omar Santa Perez (29)||Ohio (Cincinnati)||See 2018 Cincinnati shooting|
|2018-09-06||Botham Jean (26)||Texas (Dallas)||Off-duty police officer Amber Guyger invaded the apartment of an innocent man, shooting and killing him.|
|2018-09-02||Oshae Terry (24)||Texas (Arlington)||A car is stopped for a registration violation. The smell of marijuana was observed, prompting the officer to attempt a search. The driver, Oshae Terry, rolled up the windows and attempted to drive away. The office grabbed onto the window and fired multiple shots into the driver as the vehicle began moving.|
- List of killings by law enforcement officers by countries
- Death in custody
- Encounter killings by police (India)
- List of American police officers killed in the line of duty
- List of cases of police brutality
- Lists of killings by law enforcement officers
- List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States
- Lynching in the United States
- Police brutality in the United States
- Police misconduct
- Police riots in the United States
- Police use of deadly force in the United States
- Bailey Jr., Everton (October 24, 2018). "Southern Oregon cop justified in killing man in Carl's Jr. bathroom, grand jury rules". Oregon Live. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Hauser, Christina and Julia Jacobs (2018-09-06). "Cincinnati Gunman Kills Three and Is Fatally Shot by Police". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- Wang, Angie; Sewell, Dan (September 6, 2018). "4 Dead in Mass Shooting at Fifth Third Bank Building in Downtown Cincinnati". TIME. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- "Dallas officer to be charged in deadly mistaken-apartment shooting, police say". Click 2 Houston. 9 September 2018. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- washingtonpost.com 24 September 2018: Dallas Police Dept. fires officer who killed Botham Jean in his apartment
- "Attorney calls for Arlington officer to be fired, charged in shooting death during traffic stop". WFAA. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Arlington Officer Fatally Shoots Driver Fleeing Traffic Stop". US News. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 7 September 2018.