List of lakes of Western Australia, A–C
This is a list of lakes in Western Australia. It includes all lakes, both intermittent and perennial.
This list is complete with respect to the 1996 Gazetteer of Australia. Dubious names have been checked against the online 2004 data, and in all cases confirmed correct. However, if any lakes have been gazetted or deleted since 1996, this list does not reflect these changes. Strictly speaking, Australian place names are gazetted in capital letters only; the names in this list have been converted to mixed case in accordance with normal capitalisation conventions. Locations are as gazetted; obviously some lakes may extend over large areas.
See List of lakes in Western Australia for more.
|10 Mile Lake|
|13 Mile Billabong|
|16 Mile Billabong|
|2 Mile Lake|
|7 Mile Billabong|
|8 Mile Billabong|
|9 Mile Lake|
|Lake Altham||technically a wetland|
|Lake Argyle||technically a man-made reservoir|
- Gazetteer of Australia (1996). Belconnen, ACT: Australian Surveying and Land Information Group.
- "Place names of Australia". Geoscience Australia. 2004. Retrieved 2006-07-30.
- Streetsmart Travellers Atlas of Western Australia (2006) Department of Land Information and West Australian Newspapers,9th ed. ISBN 1-921048-13-1
- In the state Maps - they can be identified, and are listed in the Geographical Features Index p. 289
- Quality Publishing Australia.(2007) Roads & tracks Western Australia : campsites directory, roads and tracks, all in one Jolimont, W.A.,Quality Publishing Australia, 5th ed ISBN 1-876723-35-1
- Has a Geographical index p. 277
- UBD Western Australia country road atlas (2005) Macquarie Park, N.S.W.UBD, a division of Universal Publishers, 11th ed ISBN 0-7319-1587-9
- Identifies in maps but has no accompanying index