List of onshore wind farms
This is a list of the largest onshore wind farms that are currently operational, rated by generating capacity. Also listed are onshore wind farms with notability other than size, and largest proposed projects.
Largest operational onshore wind farms
This is a list of the onshore wind farms that are larger than 250 MW in current nameplate capacity. Many of these wind farms have been built in stages, and construction of a further stage may be continuing at some of these sites.
Other notable onshore wind farms
|Altamont Pass Wind Farm||576||USA||California||multiple farms|
|Gansu Wind Farm||6,000||China||Gansu||multiple farms|
|Jaisalmer Wind Park||1,064||India||Rajasthan||multiple farms|
|Lower Snake River Wind Project||343||USA||Washington||under construction|
|Milford Wind Corridor Project||203||USA||Utah||102 MW second phase under construction|
|San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm||615||USA||California||multiple farms|
|Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm||705||USA||California||multiple farms|
Large proposed wind farms
The following table lists some of the largest proposed onshore wind farms, by nameplate capacity.
|Wind farm||Capacity (MW)||Country||State/province||Coordinates||References|
|Aubanel Wind Project||1000||Mexico||Baja California|||
|Wind Catcher Energy Connection||2000||USA||Oklahoma|||
|Castle Hill Wind Farm||860||New Zealand||North Island|||
|Dobrogea Wind Farm||1500||Romania||Dobrogea|||
|Hartland Wind Farm||500-1000||USA||North Dakota|||
|Loa Wind Farm||528||Chile||Antofagasta|||
|Markbygden Wind Farm||4000 at most||Sweden||Markbygden|||
|Silverton Wind Farm||1000 at most||Australia||New South Wales|||
|Talinay Wind Farm||1000||Chile||Coquimbo|||
|Titan Wind Project||5050||USA||South Dakota|||
Maps of all the coordinates in this article
Note that the Google map allows the display of the coordinates listed in the individual sections of the article to be turned on and off (use the expand(+) / contract(-) icons and the checkboxes to control which sections, or individual coordinate flags, are displayed).
- List of wind farms in the United States
- List of energy storage projects
- List of offshore wind farms
- Wind ENergy Data & Information (WENDI) Gateway
- Wind power by country
- "GWEC Global Wind Statistics 2014" (PDF). GWEC. 10 February 2015. p. 2.
- California U.S. Wind Energy Projects - California, Alta Wind Energy Center, 2009
-  Industry Statistics, 2Q 2011
- Project 4685 : Inner Mongolia Bayannur Wulanyiligeng 300MW Wind Power Project
- Table 6.3. New Utility Scale Generating Units by Operating Company, Plant, and Month, 2017, Electric Power Monthly, U.S. Energy Information Administration, April 25, 2017
- Southern Power: Bethel Wind Farm
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Oregon Archived 2010-08-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Drilling Down: What Projects Made 2008 Such a Banner Year for Wind Power?
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Texas Archived 2007-12-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Babcock & Brown and BP Announce Full Commercial Operation of one of the Largest Wind Farms in the U.S.
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Iowa
- China - Dabancheng Wind Farm now has a combined generating capacity of 500 MW
- Huaeng Power International Annual Report On Form 20-F2016 (Report). Huaeng Power International. p. 32. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Acciona Completes Assembly of LatAm’s Largest Wind Farm Latin American Herald Tribune.
- CEZ: Fantanele-Cogealac Wind Park
- AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana
- Chinese-Danish Wind Energy Development Programme: Study on Standard of Wind Power Grid Integration and Upgrading the National Grid Code
- Watts, Jonathan & Huang, Cecily. Winds Of Change Blow Through China As Spending On Renewable Energy Soars, The Guardian, 19 March 2012, revised on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Project 4462 : Gansu Guazhou 300 MW Wind Power Project
- "Jiuquan wind power base completes first stage". China Daily. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Winds of change blow through China as spending on renewable energy soars". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Parliament of Australia (February 19, 2010). Operating wind farms by Commonwealth Electoral Division Archived 2011-01-16 at the Wayback Machine. Background note.
- CPUC: ENERGY DIVISION RESOLUTION E-4278
- CPUC: RPS_Project_Status_Table_2012_Jan_Update
- Started in August 2001, the Jaisalmer based facility crossed 1,000 Mw capacity to achieve this milestone
- Suzlon creates India’s largest wind park; crosses 1 GW capacity in Jaisalmer
- Project 2918 : Huaneng Liaoning Fuxin Phase II Wind Farm Project
- Project 3005 : North Longyuan Huitengliang Wind Power Project
- AGL - Macarthur Wind Farm
- York AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - New York
- Energy Information Administration - October 2010 Electric Power Monthly
- Dominion & Shell Complete 264-MW Mount Storm Wind Project
- 196 Wind Turbines Cranking Out Power
- Iberdrola Opens 404-MW Penascal Wind Farm Renewable Energy World, 22 June 2010.
- E.ON Delivers 335-MW of Wind in Texas
- , Shepherd Flat, one of the world's biggest wind farms, up and running in Oregon, 2012
- Shiloh Wind Power Plant Fact Sheet
- EnXco turns on $300M wind farm
- "Enel Completes Smoky Hills Wind Project in Kansas". RedOrbit. 2008-02-27. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Snowtown Wind Farm".
- "Stateline Wind Energy Center". Renewable Northwest Project. Archived from the original on 2006-04-27. Retrieved 2006-05-15.
- Ken Black. Wind energy part of economic strategy Times-Republican, January 23, 2010.
- VP 100: Illinois wind farm breathes new life into businesses Archived 2010-10-12 at the Wayback Machine. Energy Empowers, September 23, 2010.
- GDF SUEZ launches $560mn Morrocan wind farm
- Huandian Power Corporation 2010 Interim results announcement
- Project 3091 : Huadian Tongliao Beiqinghe 300 MW Wind Farm Project
- Horizon Wind Energy
- Whitelee Winfarm - About the Windfarm
- Project 4150 : Inner Mongolia Wulanchabu Hongji Wind Farm Project
- Hunton & Williams LLP Advises Cannon Power Group in Connection With Wind Project
- Project 3346 : Jilin Xiangyang 1st phase Wind Power Project
- Xinhua: Jiuquan wind power base completes first stage
- "Lower Snake River Wind Project". Renewable Energy Development. October 26, 2010. Archived from the original on October 30, 2010.
- First Wind's Milford II Expansion Project Celebrates Milestones Renewable Energy World, November 18, 2010.
- "Cannon Power Group and Gamesa Partner on Baja California Wind Farm". Green Energy News. 2010-05-20. Archived from the original on 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "AEP Announces $4.5 Billion Investment In 2,000-Megawatt Wind Farm". 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Genesis planning massive windfarm". The New Zealand Herald. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Iberdrola Plans World's Largest Wind Farm in Romania".
- "Europe's biggest and cheapest onshore wind project". norwea.no. 2016-06-07. Retrieved 2016-08-21.
- Denali Energy and Montgomery Energy Form Joint Venture Hartland Wind Farm in North Dakota
- "Svevind and Enercon Team up for 4GW Wind Plan". Clean Edge (from New Energy Finance). June 26, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- Huge wind farm plan announced
- BP Ramps Up to Full Construction of First Phase of Wind Farm in South Dakota 05 August 2009.