List of the largest optical telescopes in the contiguous United States
(Redirected from List of largest optical telescopes in the continental United States)
List of the largest optical telescopes in the contiguous United States ranks optical telescopes located in the contiguous United States by aperture.
Three biggest refractors in the Continental United States:
|Name/Observatory||Location||Lens diameter||Focal length||Built||Comments||Image|
|Yerkes Observatory||Williams Bay, Wisconsin, USA||102 cm (40″)||19.4 m (62′)||1897||Largest in current operation.|
|James Lick telescope
|Mount Hamilton, California, USA||91 cm (36″)||17.6 m||1888|
|William Thaw Telescope
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA||76 cm (30″)||14.1 m||1914||Brashear made, photographic|
- List of radio telescopes
- List of largest optical reflecting telescopes (mirrors)
- List of largest optical refracting telescopes (lenses)
- Dwayne DayMonday, May 11, 2009 (2009-05-11). "Mirrors in the dark". The Space Review. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Lowell Observatory - DCT status Archived 2012-09-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Mayall 4-Meter Telescope". Noao.edu. February 27, 1973. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- John Pike. "Starfire". Globalsecurity.org. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- "NASA Orbital Debris Observatory". Astro.ubc.ca. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2009-03-30.