List of law enforcement agencies in Georgia
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the U.S. state of Georgia. All of these agencies are certified by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council or POST which means these agencies have full arrest power and authority and the ability to carry and use handcuffs, OC spray, expandable ASP baton and bear arms. All peace officers in the state of Georgia are required to be certified by POST before they can have the powers as sworn law enforcement officers in the state of Georgia
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 628 law enforcement agencies employing 26,551 sworn police officers, about 274 for each 100,000 residents.
Georgia also hosts the FLETC, which serves as the primary training facility for numerous federal law enforcement agencies.
- Georgia Department of Community Supervision (DCS)
- Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI)
- Georgia Department of Corrections
- Georgia Department of Human Resource and Developmental Disabilities
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Georgia Department of Public Safety
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Georgia Public Defender Council
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner
- Georgia Port Authority
- Georgia World Congress Center Department of Public Safety
- Medical Center of Central Georgia Police Department
- Stone Mountain Park Department of Public Safety
County marshal agencies
- Cherokee County Marshal's Office
- Clayton County Marshal's Office
- Columbia County Marshal's Office
- DeKalb County Marshal's Office
- Fayette County Marshal's Office
- Fulton County Marshal's Office
- Gwinnett County Marshal's Office
- Hall County Marshal's Office
- Muscogee County Marshal's Office
- Paulding County Marshal's Office
- Richmond County Marshal's Office
- Troup County Marshal's Office
County sheriff agencies
County police agencies
City police agencies
College and university agencies
Board of Education agencies
- Athens-Clarke County School Police 
- Atlanta Public School Police Department
- Bibb County School Police 
- Burke County Schools Campus Police
- Clayton County School Police 
- Cherokee County School Police 
- Cobb County School Police 
- Columbia County Schools Police 
- Dekalb County Schools Department of Public Safety 
- Fulton County School Police
- Glynn County Schools Police
- Gwinnett County School Police
- Richmond County Board of Education Police Department 
- Savannah-Chatham County School Police 
- Chatham County Police Department merged with the Savannah Police Department on January 1, 2005 to form the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department
- Macon Police Department - merged with the Bibb County Sheriff's Office in 2015.
- Oak Park Police Department disbanded April 2019
- Savannah Police Department merged with the Chatham County Police Department on January 1, 2005 to form the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department
- Augusta Police Department merged with the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office after the city and county governments consolidated in 1996. The Augusta Police Department provided all policing services within the City of Augusta while the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office provided policing in the unincorporated areas of Richmond County.
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- "Georgia Sheriff Arrested For Shooting Friend At Model Home". Reuters. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- Jett, Tyler (20 April 2015). "Catoosa County sheriff cleans house amid charges of favoritism". Times Free-Press. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Blidner, Rachelle (9 May 2015). "Nine Georgia deputies fired over death of black college student in jail". New York Daily Newa. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Sheriff's Office". Houston County Sheriff's Office. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- Official web site accessed 12 November 2014
- "Official Web Site". Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Richmond County Sheriff's Office". Richmond County Sheriff's Office. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Twiggs County Sheriff". Twiggs County Sheriff. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Police Department". Dekalb County. Archived from the original on 31 March 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Police Department | Glynn County, GA - Official Website". www.glynncounty.org.
- "Police". Gwinnett County. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Official web site accessed 20 November 2014
- Official http://www.americusga.gov/police-department
- "Police and 911". www.austellga.gov.
- "Cartersville Police Department". Carterville. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Milligan, Mandi; Miller, Brittany (16 July 2015). "Conyers K-9 dies after being left in handler's patrol car Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/29572036/conyers-k-9-dies-after-being-left-in-handlers-patrol-car#ixzz3gClnoVe5". CBS46. External link in
- "Rossville woman fakes seizure, resists officers during theft arrest privateofficer.com".
- "Greensboro Police Department". www.greensboroga.gov.
- "Police Department". City of Griffin. City of Griffin. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Kennesaw Police Department".
- "LaGrange police detective arrested for DUI in West Point". WTVM. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Public Safety". City of Locust Grove. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- Small-Town Police Departments Are Getting Billions In Big Military Hardware, by Paul Szoldra, Business Insider, 31 July 3013
- GBI: Wife of Peachtree City police chief shot twice at her home; by Mike Morris, 1 January 2015, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- "City of South Fulton launches police department". WAGA.
- Fusion Investigates: How did America's police departments lose loads of military-issued weapons?; by Daniel Rivero and Jorge Rivas, Fusion, 26 August 2014
- King, Shaun (13 November 2015). "No wonder campus sex assault is a problem when some college police chiefs think women are lying". NY Daily News. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- Floyd, Adam (17 April 2015). "Flag fracas at Valdosta State". Valdosta Daily Times. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "District Services / Security". clarke.k12.ga.us. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- Belcher, Richard (17 November 2017). "Another cheating scandal: APS police chief disciplines 17 officers, dispatche". Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Campus Police / Welcome to Campus Police". bcsdk12.net. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "Safety and Security – CCPS". clayton.k12.ga.us. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "School Police Officers – Cherokee County School District". cherokeek12.net. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "CCSD Police Department". cobbk12.org. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- Maxwell, Anne (2018-03-30). "Columbia County BOE votes to put armed school safety officers in every school". WJBF. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "About Us – Public Safety". dekalbschoolsga.org. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "School Police". Fulton County Schools. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "School Police/School Safety". glynn.k12.ga.us. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Increased police presence at Gwinnett high school over... | Atlanta: News, Weather and Traffic". WSB Radio. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "School Safety & Security / Welcome". rcboe.org. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- "Home – Campus Police". internet.savannah.chatham.k12.ga.us. Retrieved 2018-07-12.