List of law enforcement agencies in Maine
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Maine.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 146 law enforcement agencies employing 2,569 sworn police officers, about 195 for each 100,000 residents.
- Maine Department of Corrections
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Maine Department of Marine Resources
- Maine Department of Public Safety
- Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- Maine Department of the Secretary of State
- Maine Office of Judicial Marshals
- Office of the Maine Attorney General Investigation Division
- Indian Township Police Department
- Passamaquoddy Warden Service
- Penobscot Nation Police Department
- Penobscot Nation Warden Service
- Pleasant Point Police Department
- University of Maine Police Department
- University of Southern Maine Police Department
- University of Maine at Farmington Police Department
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Stray cat survives shotgun blast from Gorham officer, who thought feline was rabid; by Seth Koenig, 4 September 2014, Bangor Daily News
- After sexual assault claim, Hallowell police chief reappointed; 3 January 2015, Bangor Daily News
- "Maine police chief charged with drunken driving pleads guilty" (8 April 2015). Associated Press. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Police Department". Town of Wilton. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- . Town of WIlton http://www.wiltonpolice.org/. Retrieved 31 March 2015. Missing or empty