List of law enforcement agencies in Maryland
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Maryland.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 142 law enforcement agencies employing 16,013 sworn police officers, about 283 for each 100,000 residents.
- Maryland Capitol Police
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Police
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation Police
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Maryland Natural Resources Police
- Maryland Park Service Rangers
- Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration Police Department
- Maryland Office of the Comptroller
- Maryland State Police
- Maryland Transit Administration Police
- Maryland Transportation Authority Police
Fire agencies with law enforcement officers
- Aberdeen Proving Ground Police
- Amtrak Police
- CSX Railroad Police
- Federal Protective Service
- Fort Detrick Police
- Fort Meade Police
- Gibson Island Police
- Maryland-National Capital Park Police
- Metro Transit 
- National Institutes of Health Police
- National Institute of Standards and Technology Police
- National Security Agency Police
- Office of the United States Marshal for the District of Maryland
- United States Navy Support Activity - Annapolis & US Naval Academy Police
- United States Park Police
- National Park Service Ranger (Law Enforcement)
- United States Coast Guard Police Department, Baltimore
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs Police
- United States Department of Defense NDW Police
- North Beach Police Department
- Port Deposit Police Department
- Sparrows Point Police Department
- Woodland Beach Police Department
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Kahn, Saliqa (6 May 2014). "Cops: Maryland police officer bites man's testicles in Baltimore". WBAL-TV. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Harford sheriff investigating accidental fatal shooting". Associated Press. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Matt Williams (b. 1908 - d. 1931)". Archives of Maryland (Biographical Series). Maryland State Archives. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights" (PDF). State of Maryland. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Archives of Maryland (Biographical Series)". James Reed. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "William Burns". Archives of Maryland (Biographical Series). Archives of Maryland. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Brown, DeNee (18 July 2015). "Racial turmoil in Md.’s ‘Friendliest Town’ after black police chief is fired". Washington Post. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Sparrows Point police chief fired, adding to concerns about port security, by Mark Reutter, Baltimore Brew, May 24, 2010 https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2010/05/24/sparrows-point-police-chief-fired-adding-to-concerns-about-port-security/