List of law enforcement agencies in New Mexico
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of New Mexico.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 146 law enforcement agencies employing 5,010 sworn police officers, about 252 for each 100,000 residents. This is almost exactly the national average of policemen to residents in the United States.
- New Mexico Attorney General's Office
- New Mexico Board of Pharmacy
- New Mexico Corrections Department
- New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
- New Mexico Department of Public Safety
- New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department
- New Mexico Livestock Inspector Board
- New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
College and University agencies
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Ex-New Mexico lawman gets 10 years in bizarre road rage case; by Russell Contreras, 21 January 21015, The Associated Press
- Stiny, Andy (17 March 2015). "State cop fired over shooting hired as deputy in Taos". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Albuquerque Police Continue to Thwart Transparency by Refusing to Release Footage from Shooting Death 49 By Carlos Miller, 3 September 2014, Photography is Not a Crime
- Last, T.S. (21 February 2015). "Santa Fe, Espanola officers charged by DA; both have worked for current SF chief". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Former Jemez Springs chief indicted on rape charges; by Nicole Perez, Albuquerque Journal, 7 August 2014