List of law enforcement agencies in Utah
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Utah.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 136 law enforcement agencies employing 4,782 sworn police officers, about 175 for each 100,000 residents.
- Utah Department of Corrections
- Utah Department of Human Services
- Utah Department of Natural Resources
- Utah Department of Public Safety
- Utah Department of Transportation - Motor Carrier Safety - Port of Entry
- Utah Division of Insurance Fraud
- Utah State Tax Commission - Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (MVED)
Multi-jurisdictional and district agencies
- Colorado City, AZ-Hildale, UT Marshal's Office
- Granite School District Police Department
- Lone Peak Police Department
- North Park Police Department
- Salt Lake City Airport Police Department
- Santa Clara-Ivins Police Department
- Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake
- Utah Transit Authority Police Department
College and university agencies
- Brigham Young University Police Department
- Dixie State University Police Department
- Salt Lake Community College Department of Public Safety
- Snow College Police Department
- Southern Utah University Police Department
- University of Utah Police Department
- Utah State University-Eastern Police Department
- Utah State University Police Department
- Utah Valley University Police Department
- Weber State University Police Department
- Westminster College Department of Patrol & Campus Safety
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Romero, McKenzie (2 March 2015). "Police piecing together background of domestic violence-related shooting". Desert News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Romero, McKenzie (3 March 2015). "Ogden man charged in brutal death of Washington Terrace woman". Desert News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Lockhart, Ben (18 March 2015). "Escalante chief charged with making false statements in drug arrest reports". KSL.com. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Romero, mcKenzie (4 March 2015). "La Verkin man suspected of trying to force teen girl into his car". Desert News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Liesik, Geoff (4 March 2015). "Colorado man charged following 120 mph chase in Moab". Deseret News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Utah police chief fired amid stalking charges, Associated Press, 4 November 2014
- McFall, Michael (8 March 2015). "Ogden police say dog wounded after charging at, being shot by officers". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- McFall, Michael (15 February 2015). "Police fatally shoot Utah County man wielding weapon that turns out to be an Airsoft rifle". Salt Lake City Tribune. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- Utah Cops Arrest Man for Recording Mom’s Traffic Stop; Handcuff and Neglect Mom during Diabetic Shock; by Carlos Miller, Photography is not a crime website accessed 19 August 2014
- Davis, Payton. "Cedar man arrested on theft charges at Wal-Mart" (4 June 2015). Saint George Spectrum. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- McFall, Michael (1 May 2015). "Man sues West Jordan police; K-9 cop attacked his face during tree-burning incident (with video)". Salt Lake City Tribune. Retrieved 1 May 2015.