List of law enforcement agencies in Vermont
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Vermont.
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 69 law enforcement agencies employing 1,103 sworn police officers, about 178 for each 100,000 residents.
- Vermont Capitol Police
- Vermont Department of Public Safety
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department
- Vermont Department of Corrections
- Vermont Department of Liquor Control
- Vermont Secretary of State, Investigation Division
- Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles Law Enforcement
- VT Board of Medical Practice
- VT States Attorneys’ & Sheriffs’ Office
- VT Homeland Security Unit
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- Official web site accessed 20 October 2014
- Tomaselli, Kathleen Phalen. "Rutland City Police fires officer after DUI charge" (4 April 2015). Rutland Herald. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Man sues town of Shelburne, police officers Town manager, police officers skip court, have coffee; by Bridget Shanahan, 26 July 2014, WPTZ.com
- Costa, Jenifer (21 July 2015). "Alleged drunk driver will not be charged with biker's death". WCAX. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Prosecutor: Officer to change plea in assault case; by Mike Donoghue, 4 November 2014, Burlington Free Press
- Vermont, University of. "UVM Police Services : University of Vermont". www.uvm.edu.