List of laws concerning Indigenous Australians
A range of laws applying to or of specific relevance to Indigenous Australians. A number of laws have been passed since the European settlement of Australia, initially by the Parliament of the United Kingdom, then by the Governors or legislature of each of the Australian colonies and more recently by the Parliament of Australia and that of each of its States and Territories, these laws, arranged chronologically, include:
- For records relating to the WA Aboriginal Protection Board see the WA States Records Office accessed 20 March 2008
- An Act to provide for the better protection and management of the Aboriginal natives of Western Australia, and to amend the law relating to certain contracts with such Aboriginal natives (statute 25/1886)
- Aboriginal Protection Board at the State Records Office of Western Australia, accessed 20 March 2008
- Act to amend an Act entitled "An Act to Provide for the Protection and Management of the Aboriginal Natives of Victoria
- Barrass, Tony; Victoria Laurie (2006-09-27). "From Terra Nullius to Noongar (in 'Long road home')". The Australian. Retrieved 2006-03-26.
- Aboriginal Affairs in NSW: A Short History, NSW Department of Aboriginal Affairs, accessed 20 March 2008
- Native Title Act 1993
- Bills Digest 50 1996-97, Hindmarsh Island Bridge Bill 1996, Australian Parliamentary Library
- See Hindmarsh Island bridge controversy
- Native Title Amendment Act 1998
- Ted Mullighan is the Commissioner
- Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006
- Northern Territory National Emergency Response Act 2007 (No. 129, 2007)
- To 1987 - "Appendix – Legislation: Major acts and ordinances relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people". The Encyclopaedia of Aboriginal Australia: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, society and culture. 2. Aboriginal Studies Press. 1994. pp. 1294–1297.
- "Timeline: Legal Developments Affecting Indigenous People". Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 8 October 2010.