List of left-wing publications in the United Kingdom
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 Current publications
- 2 Defunct
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- The Guardian – centre-left mainstream newspaper
- The Morning Star – Co-operative, reader-owned socialist newspaper. Britain's Road to Socialism, the programme of the Communist Party of Britain, underlies the paper's editorial stance. It was formerly the Daily Worker, before being renamed in 1966.
- Daily Mirror – mainstream newspaper which has consistently supported the Labour Party since the 1945 general election
- New Statesman – independent political and cultural magazine.
- The New Worker – from the New Communist Party of Britain.
- The Observer – sister newspaper to The Guardian, published every Sunday.
- The Socialist – from the Socialist Party (England and Wales).
- Socialist Worker – from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Sunday Mirror – sister newspaper to Daily Mirror, published every Sunday.
- Weekly Worker – from the Communist Party of Great Britain (Provisional Central Committee).
- Solidarity – from the Alliance for Workers' Liberty.
- Scottish Socialist Voice – from the Scottish Socialist Party.
- Socialist Appeal – from the British section of the International Marxist Tendency.
- Tribune – democratic socialist Labour movement newspaper, with Labour Party connections.
- Labour Briefing – from the Labour Representation Committee.
- New Internationalist – independent activist magazine.
- Socialism Today – from the Socialist Party (England and Wales).
- Socialist Review – from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Socialist Standard – from the Socialist Party of Great Britain.
- Workers' Fight - from the British section of Internationalist Communist Union.
- Chartist – connected to the Labour Party.
- Fight Racism! Fight Imperialism! - from the Revolutionary Communist Group.
- Lalkar – formerly the journal of the Indian Workers' Association, now independent, but sympathetic to the CPGB (ML).
- New Left Review – independent New Left journal.
- Peace News – independent pacifist magazine "for nonviolent revolution".
- Proletarian – from the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist–Leninist).
- Red Pepper – independent, appeared monthly from 1994, relaunched as a bi-monthly in 2007.
- Scottish Left Review – independent magazine.
- Socialist Resistance – from the International Socialist Group and Socialist Solidarity Network.
- Workers – from the Communist Party of Britain (Marxist–Leninist).
- Anticipations – the Young Fabians' journal.
- Ceasefire Magazine – independent magazine.
- Challenge – from the Young Communist League.
- Communist Review – from the Communist Party of Britain.
- In Defence of Marxism– from the International Marxist Tendency.
- International Socialism – from the Socialist Workers Party.
- rs21 – from Revolutionary Socialism in the 21st Century.
- Socialist Studies – from Socialist Studies.
- Workers' Hammer – from the Spartacist League.
- World Revolution – from World Revolution.
- Organise! – from the Anarchist Federation.
- Revolutionary Perspectives – from the Communist Workers Organisation.
Unknown or irregular frequency
- Aufheben – independent libertarianism communist journal. Occasional publication.
- Aurora – from the Communist Workers Organisation.
- Black Flag – independent anarchist newspaper. Occasional publication.
- The Bristolian – independent website 'smiting the high and mighty', exposing the council, politicians and businesspeople in Bristol.
- Class Struggle – from Workers' Fight.
- Freedom – from Freedom Press. Occasional publication.
- Hereford Heckler – independent anarchist newspaper from Herefordshire (originally bi-monthly).
- Internationalist Communist Forum – from Workers' Fight.
- Fifth International – from the League for the Fifth International.
- The News Line – from the Workers Revolutionary Party. [Newsfeed updated daily online but unknown print frequency]
- Radical Philosophy. Previously bi-monthly. Due for relaunch in 2017.
- Resistance – from the Anarchist Federation.
- Socialist Action - website of group of same name.
- Strike Back – Produced by IWW Scotland.
- Megaphone – from Socialist Students.
- Workers' Weekly – from the Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist–Leninist).[Online newsfeed - frequency varies. Print edition unconfirmed.]
- The Independent on Sunday – sister newspaper to The Independent, that was published every Sunday.
- The Bee-Hive – initially from the London Trades Council, then independent (1861–72).
- The Call – official organ of the British Socialist Party, terminated 1920 with establishment of The Communist.
- Clarion – independent (1891–1931).
- The Communist – publication of the Communist Party of Great Britain from 1920 until it was replaced by The Workers' Weekly in 1923.
- Justice – from the Social Democratic Federation, British Socialist Party and then National Socialist Party (1884–1933).
- Labour Herald – independent (1981–85).
- Labour Leader – independent until acquired by the Independent Labour Party (1887–1986).
- Labour Standard – from the London Trades Council (1881–85).
- Labour Weekly – official Labour Party newspaper which was closed in 1988.
- Militant – from the Militant Tendency (later Militant Labour, now the Socialist Party of England and Wales, new paper is The Socialist) published 1964–97.
- News on Sunday – independent.
- Reynolds News – independent until acquired by the Co-operative Press (1850–1967).
- The Socialist - from the Socialist Labour Party (1903-?).
- Socialist Commentary – from the Socialist Vanguard Group (1934–78).
- Socialist Organiser – from the Socialist Organiser Alliance.
- Soviet Weekly – from the Novosti Press Agency (1942–91).
- Class Struggle – from the Revolutionary Communist League of Britain (1973–1987).
- The Catalyst – from the Solidarity Federation.
- Gagged! – from South Wales Anarchists.
- Marxism Today – from the Communist Party of Great Britain.
- Militant International Review – from the Militant Tendency.
- New Times – from the Democratic Left.
- The Leveller – coalition of radicals, socialists, Marxists and feminists (1976–82).
- Revolution – from the British section of Revolution.
- Socialist Campaign Group News – connected with the Socialist Campaign Group of the Labour Party.
- Workers Liberty – from the Alliance for Workers Liberty.
- The Fargate Speaker – from the Sheffield group of the Anarchist Federation.
- Socialist News – from the Socialist Labour Party.
- Workers' Power – from Workers' Power.
- Direct Action – from the Solidarity Federation.
- Marxist International Review – from the International Marxist Tendency.
- Socialist Youth – from the International Socialist Resistance (socialist youth organisation ISR).
Unknown or irregular frequency
- Alert Scotland – from the Communist Party of Scotland.
- Bread & Roses – from the Industrial Workers of the World.
- Counter Information – Independent news sheet from 1980-2004 about grassroots struggles in Scotland, the UK and Worldwide.
- Economic and Philosophic Science Review – formerly the journal of the International Leninist Workers Party, now independent.
- The Fargate Speaker - from the Sheffield group of the Anarchist Federation.
- Fightback – from Communist Forum.
- Frontline – journal of Red Flag tendency within Scottish Socialist Party .
- The Line of March - from Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist–Leninist).
- New Communist Review – from the New Communist Party.
- Red Flag – from the Revolutionary Workers' Party.
- Revolutionary History – independent Trotskyist journal.
- Scottish Marxist Voice – from the Communist Party of Scotland.
- Slaney Street – independent, Birmingham based free newspaper.
- Socialist Action – from Socialist Action.
- Socialist Studies - from the United Socialist Party.
- Student Socialist – from Socialist Students.
- What Next Journal.
- The Whinger.
- Workers Action – from the Workers' International League.
- Society, People’s Printing Press. "Morning Star - The People's Daily".
- "The New Worker paper of the New Communist Party of Britain - Archive for 2017". www.newworker.org.
- "Kick out the Tories! For a Corbyn-led government". www.socialistparty.org.uk.
- "Socialist Worker (Britain) - Archive". Socialist Worker (Britain).
- "Weekly Worker". weeklyworker.co.uk.
- martin (10 November 2010). "Solidarity".
- "Scottish Socialist Voice". Scottish Socialist Voice.
- Appeal, Socialist. "The fortnightly Socialist Appeal is here! Subscribe today!".
- "Subscribe - Tribune". www.tribunemagazine.org.
- "Home". Labour Briefing.
- Team, The New Internationalist. "Magazine archives -- New Internationalist". newint.org.
- "Socialism Today Back Issues". www.socialismtoday.org.
- "Issues - Socialist Review". Socialist Review.
- "2017 - The Socialist Party of Great Britain". www.worldsocialism.org. 28 December 2016.
- "Workers' Fight monthly - Internationalist Communist Union". www.union-communiste.org.
- "The Magazine - Chartist".
- "Fight Racism! Fight Imperialism! - front page". www.revolutionarycommunist.org.
- "New Left Review - about". newleftreview.org.
- "Peace News". www.peacenews.info.
- "Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist)". www.cpgb-ml.org.
- "Subscribe - Red Pepper". www.redpepper.org.uk.
- "Archive - Scottish Left Review". www.scottishleftreview.org.
- "Workers magazine - Communist Party of Britain Marxist-Leninist". www.cpbml.org.uk.
- "About Ceasefire". 23 April 2008.
- "Challenge". 28 October 2013.
- "Communist Review". www.communist-party.org.uk.
- "In Defence of Marxism Magazine - Magazines - Newspapers and Magazines". wellredbooks.net.
- "Back Issues – International Socialism". isj.org.uk.
- "Magazine subscription". 20 June 2014.
- "Socialist Studies". www.socialiststudies.org.uk.
- "Workers Hammer". spartacist.org.
- "World Revolution 2010s - 331 to 430 - International Communist Current". en.internationalism.org.
- "Capital & Class - All Issues". journals.sagepub.com.
- "Organise! Magazine". afed.org.uk.
- "Revolutionary Perspectives - Leftcom". www.leftcom.org.
- "Critique: Vol 45, No 1-2". www.tandfonline.com.
- "Aufheben". libcom.org.
- "Aurora - Leftcom". www.leftcom.org.
- "Black Flag magazine". libcom.org.
- "The BRISTOLIAN - "Smiter of the High and Mighty"". thebristolian.net.
- "Class Struggle - Internationalist Communist Union". www.union-communiste.org.
- "Freedom Press". Freedom Press.
- "Hereford Heckler". Hereford Heckler.
- "Internationalist Communist Forum - Internationalist Communist Union". www.union-communiste.org.
- "Fifth International Journal - League for the Fifth International". www.fifthinternational.org.
- Party, Workers Revolutionary. "Workers Revolutionary Party". wrp.org.uk.
- ", 'By Issue' ()".
- "Resistance Bulletin". afed.org.uk.
- edinburghwobbly (4 March 2017). "Strike Back! – Spring 2017".
- "Socialist Students Archive site » Megaphone Magazine". www.socialiststudentsarchive.org.uk.
- "The Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist) Homepage". www.rcpbml.org.uk.
- "Catalyst - the SolFed freesheet - Solidarity Federation". www.solfed.org.uk.