List of letters used in mathematics and science
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- the symbol of time is seconds and minutes.
Latin and Greek letters are used in mathematics, science, engineering, and other areas where mathematical notation is used as symbols for constants, special functions, and also conventionally for variables representing certain quantities.
- Some common conventions:
- Intensive quantities in physics are usually denoted with minuscules
while extensive are denoted with capital letters.
- Most symbols are written in italics.
- Vectors can be denoted in boldface.
- Sets of numbers are typically bold or blackboard bold.
|ℵ||Cardinality of infinite sets|
|ℶ||Cardinality of infinite sets|