List of listed buildings in Mouswald, Dumfries and Galloway
|Name||Location||Date Listed||Grid Ref. [note 1]||Geo-coordinates||Notes||HB Number [note 2]||Image|
|Mouswald Grange Former Windmill Tower, Kiln Block And North East Range Of Steading (Former Granary)||Category B||17390|
|Mouswald Former Parish Manse And Gatepiers||Category B||17392|
|Rockhall Hotel Monument||Category B||17386|
|Mount Kedar Monument To Henry Duncan||Category A||17388|
|Rockhall Hotel And Gatepiers||Category B||17393|
|Brocklehirst, Including Terrace Steps||Category B||44185|
|Mount Kedar Former Free Church Manse And Gatepiers||Category C(S)||17389|
|Mouswald Parish Church, Churchyard And Gatepiers||Category C(S)||17391|
The scheme for classifying buildings in Scotland is:
- Category A: "buildings of national or international importance, either architectural or historic, or fine little-altered examples of some particular period, style or building type."
- Category B: "buildings of regional or more than local importance, or major examples of some particular period, style or building type which may have been altered."
- Category C(S): "buildings of local importance, lesser examples of any period, style, or building type, as originally constructed or moderately altered; and simple traditional buildings which group well with others in categories A and B."
There are approximately 47,400 listed buildings in Scotland. Of these, around 8 per cent (some 3,800) are Category A, and 51 per cent (24,000) are Category B, with the rest listed at Category C(s).
- Sometimes known as OSGB36, the grid reference (where provided) is based on the British national grid reference system used by the Ordnance Survey.
• "Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
• "Get-a-map". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- The "HB Number" is a unique number assigned to each listed building by Historic Environment Scotland.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mouswald.|
- All entries, addresses and coordinates are based on data from Historic Scotland. This data falls under the Open Government Licence
- "What is Listing?". Historic Scotland. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- Guide to the Protection of Scotland’s Listed Buildings (PDF). Historic Scotland. 2009. p. 17. ISBN 978-1-84917-013-0. Retrieved 2010-07-06.