List of live action role-playing groups
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of live action role-playing game groups. This is for active or once active groups that run or organize games. It is not a list of game systems.
- Alliance LARP - Fantasy boffer LARP in the United States and Canada 
- Amtgard - Fantasy boffer combat group in the United States, Croatia and Canada
- Belegarth Medieval Combat Society - Fantasy boffer combat group in the United States and Canada
- Bicolline - Fantasy campaign with physical combat in Quebec
- Chaos League - The art of Larp - Immersive non-fantasy emotional larps in Italy.
- ConQuest of Mythodea - Regular fantasy fest event in Germany
- Cronosfera - Time Travel Agency, Italy.
- Curious Pastimes - Fantasy/Combat Fest based system (UK)
- Dagorhir - Fantasy boffer combat group in the United States
- Darkon - Fantasy boffer combat group in the United States
- Drachenfest - Regular fantasy fest event in Germany
- Dragonbane - Large international fantasy game that ran in 2006 in Älvdalen, Sweden
- Dragoncrest - Fantasy boffer group in the United States
- Dystopia Rising - Post-apocalyptic zombie survival group in the United States
- Heroquest (High Fantasy, High Hit system) - 8-12 events per year (UK)
- Herofest - 3 events per year. Fantasy. Suitable for Families. (UK)
- Labyrinthe - High fantasy, immersive Live Role-play (LRP) based at Chislehurst Caves, in the UK
- LAIRE - Fantasy LARP based in Sparta, New Jersey, United States
- LARP Alliance, Inc. - Promotes LARP and runs events, based in the United States, and Canada
- Lorien Trust - Fantasy physical combat system (UK)
- MagiQuest - Family fantasy in USA, uses IR wands
- MeAd - Medieval Fantasy in Gauteng, South Africa
- Mind's Eye Society - World wide network of games set in White Wolf's World of Darkness. Non-boffer. mindeseyesoceity.org
- Neothera Saga - Medieval Fantasy/Steampunk in Exeter, United Kingdom
- NERO International - Fantasy boffer combat group the United States and Canada.
- New Zealand Live Action Role Playing Society - An umbrella organisation created to promote and support LARP throughout New Zealand.
- Realm of Requiem - Persistent Fantasy Boffer LARP operating in Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
- Rollespilsfabrikken - Danish team that creates larps for kids, youth and adults both for education as pure entertainment
- Shards of Massagon - Shards of Massagon - High Fantasy boffer LARP based in Virginia.
- Spearhead - Fantasy group in Guildford, UK
- Southern Organization for Live Action Reenactments (SOLAR) - Fantasy boffer combat group with chapters in Atlanta, Georgia, on the North Carolina-South Carolina border, and Central Mississippi
- Terre Spezzate - Italian immersive, nordic-style, many settings. Turin, Italy
- Treasure Trap - Multiple independent fantasy latex weapon combat groups (UK)
- "Calgary actors embrace live action role-play". CBC News. CBC News. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- Spurzem, Julia (2007-08-04). "4500 Schwertkämpfer fallen in Niedersachsen ein". Spiegel Online (in German). Archived from the original on 2008-10-17. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- "Tausende Rollenspieler in 400-Seelen-Dorf". N24 (in German). N24 - Gesellschaft für Nachrichten und Zeitgeschehen mbH. 2008-08-08. Archived from the original on 2011-06-18. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- "Invasion der Orks und Elfen". Rundschau-Online (in German). Kolnische Rundschau. 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
-   
- Band, Carol (December 7, 2000). "Weekend Wizards and Table-top Warriors". The Boston Globe.
- Robertson, Adi (2014-08-08). "Dystopia Rising: I was murdered in the woods of New Jersey". The Verge.
- Dick, Sandra (2005-08-11). "Medieval frolicking's a good larp". The Scotsman. Edinburgh.
- "The i am a teenage elf". The Independent. London. 2009-12-19. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "The Great Escape: Leaving the rat race behind". The Independent. London. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- George (2010-08-06). "Morristown LARP convention helps hundreds shed their skins". MorristownGreen.com. New Jersey. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Stark, Lizzie (2012). Leaving Mundaina.
- Hill, Steve (December 8, 2011). "Forget Skyrim, get off your arse and get larping". Sabotage Times. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- Derballa, Bryan (March 26, 2008). "Living "Lord of the Rings" at a Girl Scout Gamp in New Jersey". Wired. Condé Nast Digital. Archived from the original on June 19, 2011. Retrieved June 19, 2011.
- Bertram, Gustav (2009-08-08). "On being a cat person". Mail & Guardian Online. Mail & Guardian Online. Archived from the original on 2009-08-08.
- Davies, Robert (2014). "Introducing Neothera Saga LARP". Larpbook. Archived from the original on 2014.
- Ellis, David. "Dreamation 2015 LARP Oblivion Part 1 and Tabletop Coverage".
- Klaft, Lynne (April 4, 2011). "Fantasy creatures share the action". Worcester Telegram & Gazette. Worcester Telegram & Gazette Corp. Archived from the original on June 18, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- Fratti, Kate (2009-10-11). "Sometimes a fantasy is just the real thing". Burlington County Times. Calkins Media. pp. A7. archived copy of article
- "Umstead Park hosts epic battles". North Raleigh News. 2010-09-10.
- "The 10 Nerdiest Cities in America; Because We Need To Get Our LARP On". Bustle. 2014-07-05.
- "The Larpettes - Shards of Massagon".
- "Shards of Massagon Interview Video".
- "THE ART ALL NIGHT - TRENTON 2015 International FILM FESTIVAL!".
- "The land of make believe". The Sunday Times. Times Newspapers Ltd. October 26, 2003. Archived from the original on June 19, 2011. Retrieved June 19, 2011.
- Richardson, Sarah. "The World According To LARP". Larpguide.co.uk. Archived from the original on 28 December 2007. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "The LARPers are coming, the LARPers are coming". Sun Herald. McClatchy Company. 2006-03-25. pp. C3.
- "How To: LARP". National Post. 2011-02-19.
- "Elves and warriors and goblins, oh my!". Toronto Star. 2011-02-09.