List of longest church buildings
This article lists the longest church buildings in the world as measured by various criteria.
The term church is open to interpretation and debate. However, for the purposes of this article, it will be used to mean any building which was built for the primary purpose of Christian worship, for any recognised denomination of Christianity. This includes all cathedrals (the seat of a bishop), basilicas, and other types of churches. It does not include temples of other religions, e.g. mosques, synagogues. It does include at least one building, Hagia Sophia, which was built as a church but later became a mosque (and is now a museum).
Note: this list is incomplete e.g. St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney is 107 metres long (ref. St. Mary's Cathedral website)
- List of largest church buildings in the world
- List of tallest churches in the world
- List of highest church naves
- List of largest buildings in the world
- List of the largest Protestant churches of the world
- "Cathedral - Liverpool Cathedral". www.liverpoolcathedral.org.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- The Cathedral Church of St John the Divine Tourist Brochure
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- Tournai Cathedral