List of longest cross-country trails
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Here is a list of the longest hiking trails in the world from longest to shortest.
Trails over 1,500 kilometres in length
- Trans Canada Trail - In Canada, this trail extends to around 15,000 km (9,300 mi) from coast to coast and is still in need of completion.
- American Discovery Trail - Extends throughout the continental United States, estimated to be over 9,500 km (5,900 mi) long.
- Grand Italian Trail - This trail is around 6,000 km (3,700 mi) through Italy.
- Continental Divide Trail - USA about 5,000 km (3,100 mi)
- Hokkaidō Nature Trail - In Japan, this trail is about 4,600 km (2,900 mi) long.
- Tōhoku Nature Trail - A trail in Japan about 4,370 km (2,720 mi) long.
- Pacific Crest Trail - Extends from Mexico to Canada, 4,265 km (2,650 mi) through California, Oregon and Washington.
- Chubu Hokuriku Nature Trail - In Japan, about 4,000 km (2,500 mi) long.
- Appalachian Trail - This trail is around 3,500 km (2,200 mi) stretching throughout most of the east coastal United States.
- Kinki Nature Trail - In Japan, about 3,300 km (2,100 mi) long.
- Greater Patagonian Trail - In Chile and Argentina is currently 3,000 km (1,900 mi) long and can potentially be extended to approx. 4,000 km (2,500 mi). The entire route network exceeds 15,000 km (9,300 mi).
- Te Araroa Trail - In New Zealand, about 3,000 km (1,900 mi).
- Kyushu Nature Trail - In Japan, about 2,590 km (1,610 mi).
- Camino de Santiago de Compostela - In France and Spain, about 2,500 km (1,600 mi)+ long.
- The Sultans Trail - Runs through Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, and Turkey at a distance of 2,250 km (1,400 mi).
- Chugoku Nature Trail - In Japan, about 2,200 km (1,400 mi) long.
- Great Himalaya Trail - In the Himalayas near Nepal is a northern route with high elevation, about 1,700 km (1,100 mi). The low route is 1,500 km (930 mi) long with a total of nearly 3,200 km (2,000 mi).
- Via Francigena in UK, France, and Italy is 1,700 km (1,100 mi).
Trails under 1,500 kilometres in length
- Great Baikal Trail is a series of trails in Russia projected to be finished in 2014.
- National Blue Trail in Hungary is 1,168 km (725 mi) long.
- Trans-Panama Trail in Panama is 1,100 km (680 mi) long.
- South West Coast Path National Trail in the United Kingdom is around 1,000 km (620 mi).
- Bibbulmun Track in Australia is around 1,000 km (620 mi).
- Israel National Trail or Shvil Yisrael is 1,000 km (620 mi) long.
- The Bruce Trail in Ontario, Canada is 885 km (550 mi) long.
- The Baekdu-Daegan Trail in South Korea is 760 km (470 mi).
- Kom-Emine in Bulgaria is 700 km (430 mi) in length.
- Jordan Trail in Jordan is 650 km (400 mi) long.
- Cesta hrdinov SNP[circular reference] in Slovakia 634 km (394 mi)
- The Sir Samuel and Lady Florence Baker Trail in South Sudan to Uganda is 580 km (360 mi).
- The Lycian Way in Turkey is 540 km (340 mi).
- The Main Beskid Trail in Poland is 496 km (308 mi)
- The Main Sudetes Trail Główny Szlak Sudecki in Poland is 440 km (270 mi)
- Snowman Trek in Bhutan is 347 km (216 mi).
- Tahoe Rim Trail in Lake Tahoe is 250 km (160 mi) long.
- Tour de Mont Blanc through France, Italy, and Switzerland is 170 km (110 mi).
- List of longest state highways in the United States
- List of longest tunnels
- Long-distance trail
- "Jordan Trail: A trek through history via ancient villages and wild wadis". CNN. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- pl:Cesta hrdinov SNP