List of mammals of Tokelau
The order Cetacea includes whales, dolphins and porpoises. They are the mammals most fully adapted to aquatic life with a spindle-shaped nearly hairless body, protected by a thick layer of blubber, and forelimbs and tail modified to provide propulsion underwater.
- Suborder: Odontoceti
- Family: Physeteridae
- Superfamily: Platanistoidea
- Family: Ziphidae
- Family: Delphinidae (marine dolphins)
- List of chordate orders
- List of regional mammals lists
- List of prehistoric mammals
- Mammal classification
- New mammal species
- This list is derived from the IUCN Red List which lists species of mammals and includes those mammals that have recently been classified as extinct (since 1500 AD). The taxonomy and naming of the individual species is based on those used in existing Wikipedia articles as of 21 May 2007 and supplemented by the common names and taxonomy from the IUCN, Smithsonian Institution, or University of Michigan where no Wikipedia article was available.
- "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species: Mammals of Tokelau". IUCN. 2001. Retrieved 22 May 2007.[dead link]
- "Mammal Species of the World". Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. 2005. Archived from the original on 27 April 2007. Retrieved 22 May 2007.
- "Animal Diversity Web". University of Michigan Museum of Zoology. 1995–2006. Retrieved 22 May 2007.