List of manual image annotation tools
Manual image annotation is the process of manually defining regions in an image and creating a textual description of those regions. Such annotations can for instance be used to train machine learning algorithms for computer vision applications.
This is a list of computer software which can be used for manual annotation of images.
|SuperAnnotate||SuperAnnotate is an AI-powered annotation platform for computer vision. As part of their web solution, SuperAnnotate provides a free-to-use desktop app which can be installed on Mac, Linux and Windows. The desktop app supports not only box and polygon annotations, but also less mainstream annotation tools such as points, polylines, ellipses and cuboids. It can also be used for any types of video tagging and object tracking applications by using the video slidebar together with copy/paste functionality. Allowing users to filter the classes they are interested in, the desktop app makes the quality assurance process to be at least 3x faster. The tool was released as part of their strategic partnership with OpenCV.||ElectronJS, MacOS, Linux and Windows||MIT License|||
|RectLabel||An image annotation tool to label images for bounding box object detection and segmentation.||macOS||Custom License|||
|VoTT (Visual Object Tagging Tool)||Free and open source electron app for image annotation and labeling developed by Microsoft.||TypeScript/Electron (Windows, Linux, macOS)||MIT License|||
- "SuperAnnotate". opencv.org. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- "SuperAnnotate Desktop". opencv.org. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- opencv-ai/superannotate, OpenCV.AI, 2020-11-15, retrieved 2020-11-17
- "9 Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects". Lionbridge AI. 2020-11-06. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- "SuperAnnotate uses AI techniques to speed up data labeling". VentureBeat. 2020-06-11. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- "Intel open-sources CVAT, a toolkit for data labeling". VentureBeat. 2019-03-05. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "Computer Vision Annotation Tool: A Universal Approach to Data Annotation". software.intel.com. 2019-03-01. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "Computer Vision Annotation Tool (CVAT) source code on github". Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "ImageTagger source code on github". Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Marzahl, C.; Aubreville, M.; Bertram, C. (2020), EXACT: A collaboration toolset for algorithm-aided annotation of almost everything, arXiv:2004.14595
- Fiedler, N.; Bestmann, M.; Hendrich, N. (2018), ImageTagger: Open Source Online Platform for Image Labeling
- WF Wolves – Humanoid KidSizeTeam Description for RoboCup 2020 (PDF), retrieved 26 July 2020
- 24 Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision, retrieved 26 July 2020
- Scheunemann, M.; van Dijk, S.; Miko, R. (2019), Bold HeartsTeam Description for RoboCup 2019, arXiv:1904.10066
- Bator, M.; Maciej, P. (2019). "Image Annotating Tools for Agricultural Purpose: a Requirements Study" (PDF). Machine Graphics and Vision. 28.
- "LabelMe Source". Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Reducing the Pain: A Novel Tool for Efficient Ground-Truth Labelling in Images" (PDF). Auckland University of Technology. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- "RectLabel support page". Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Faster R-CNN-Based Glomerular Detection in Multistained Human Whole Slide Images". The University of Tokyo Hospital. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- Dutta, Abhishek; Zisserman, Andrew (2019). "The VIA Annotation Software for Images, Audio and Video". Proceedings of the 27th ACM International Conference on Multimedia: 2276–2279. arXiv:1904.10699. Bibcode:2019arXiv190410699D. doi:10.1145/3343031.3350535. ISBN 9781450368896. S2CID 173188066.
- "Visual Geometry Group / via". GitLab. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- "Easy Image Bounding Box Annotation with a Simple Mod to VGG Image Annotator". Puget Systems. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Loop, Humans in the (2018-10-30). "The best image annotation platforms for computer vision (+ an honest review of each)". Hacker Noon. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Tung, Liam. "Free AI developer app: IBM's new tool can label objects in videos for you". ZDNet.
- Bornstein, Aaron (Ari) (February 4, 2019). "Using Object Detection for Complex Image Classification Scenarios Part 4:". Medium.
- Solawetz, Jacob (July 27, 2020). "Getting Started with VoTT Annotation Tool for Computer Vision". Roboflow Blog.
- "Best Open Source Annotation Tools for Computer Vision". www.sicara.ai.
- "Beyond Sentiment Analysis: Object Detection with ML.NET". September 20, 2020.
- "GitHub - microsoft/VoTT: Visual Object Tagging Tool: An electron app for building end to end Object Detection Models from Images and Videos". November 15, 2020 – via GitHub.