List of manuscripts from Qumran Cave 9
|List of the manuscripts from Qumran Cave 9|
A view of part of the Temple Scroll that was found in Qumran Cave 11.
Wadi Qumran Cave 9, along with caves 7 and 8, was one of the only caves that are accessible by passing through the settlement at Qumran. Carved into the southern end of the Qumran plateau, Cave 9 was excavated by archaeologists in 1957. There was only one fragment of Dead Sea Scrolls found in Cave 9.
List of manuscripts
Some resources for more complete information on the Dead Sea Scrolls are the book by Emanuel Tov, "Revised Lists of the Texts from the Judaean Desert" for a complete list of all of the Dead Sea Scroll texts, as well as the online webpages for the Shrine of the Book and the Leon Levy Collection, both of which present photographs and images of the scrolls and fragments themselves for closer study. Information is not always comprehensive, as content for many scrolls has not yet been fully published.
|Fragment or Scroll Identifier||Fragment or Scroll Name||Alternative Identifier||English Bible Association||Language||Date/Script||Description||Reference|
Qumran Cave 9
|9Qpap||Unidentified||9Q1||Hebrew||Roman||Written on papyrus.|||
- Tov, Emanuel (2010). Revised Lists of the Texts from the Judaean Desert. Brill. ISBN 9789047443797.
- "Shrine Of The Book – The Digital Dead Sea Scrolls".
- "Leon Levy Collection". Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library. Israel Antiquities Authority. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- "9Q1 at Leon Levy Collection". Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library. Israel Antiquities Authority. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- A Catalog of Biblical Passages in the Dead Sea Scrolls by David Washburn, 2002
- Textual Criticism: Recovering the Text of the Hebrew Bible by Peter Kyle McCarter, 1986