List of mass shootings in the United States in 2020
This is a list of mass shootings in the United States that have occurred in 2020. Mass shootings are incidents involving multiple victims of firearm-related violence. The precise inclusion criteria are disputed, and there is no broadly accepted definition.
Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit research group that tracks shootings and their characteristics in the United States, defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people, excluding the perpetrator(s), are shot in one location at roughly the same time. The Congressional Research Service narrows that definition, limiting it to "public mass shootings", and defined by four or more victims killed. It excludes counting wounded survivors. The Washington Post and Mother Jones use similar definitions, with the latter acknowledging that their definition "is a conservative measure of the problem", as shootings with fewer fatalities occur. The crowdsourced Mass Shooting Tracker project defines a mass shooting as "an incident where four or more people are shot in a single shooting spree. This may include the shooter themself, or police shootings of civilians around the shooter."
As of April 30, there have been 109 shootings that fit this criteria, resulting in 125 deaths and 407 injuries, for a total of 532 victims.
- Stanford University MSA Data Project: three or more persons shot in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at one location, at roughly the same time. Excluded are shootings associated with organized crime, gangs or drug wars.
- Mass Shooting Tracker: four or more persons shot in one incident, at one location, at roughly the same time.
- Gun Violence Archive/Vox: four or more shot in one incident, excluding the perpetrators, at one location, at roughly the same time.
- Mother Jones: three or more shot and killed in one incident at a public place, excluding the perpetrators.
- The Washington Post: four or more shot and killed in one incident at a public place, excluding the perpetrators.
- ABC News/FBI: four or more shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrators, at one location, at roughly the same time.
- Congressional Research Service: four or more shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrators, at a public place, excluding gang-related killings and those done with a profit-motive.
Only incidents considered mass shootings by at least two of the above sources are listed below.
|May 24, 2020||Jackson, Mississippi||1||4[n 1]||5||A man was shot and later died at the hospital, while four others, including the suspect, were wounded after a shooting at a private residence.|
|May 24, 2020||Saint Louis, Missouri||0||4||4||Four people were shot in the early morning at an intersection.|
|May 24, 2020||Danville, Alabama||3||1||4||Police responding to calls about gunshots found three people dead and one injured at a private residence.|
|May 24, 2020||Mrytle Beach, South Carolina||0||4||4||Four people were wounded shortly after midnight in a potential gang related shooting. Six people have been arrested in connection.|
|May 23, 2020||Rock Island, Illinois||1||4||5||A man was killed and four others injured after a large gathering on a street had a fight escalate into a shooting.|
|May 23, 2020||Jonesville, South Carolina||2||5||7||A man and 17-year-old were killed and five others wounded at a block party after the state's quarantine order was lifted.|
|May 23, 2020||Charlotte, North Carolina||0||6||6||Six people were shot in a parking lot after an argument escalated.|
|May 23, 2020||Mount Morris Township, Michigan||1||3||4||A shooting left one dead and three in critical condition. No suspects have been arrested and the investigation is ongoing.|
|May 23, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||1||3||4||A shooter pulled up outside a home and opened fire on four men standing on the porch. One was killed and three injured.|
|May 23, 2020||Daytona Beach, Florida||0||6||6||Two people were shot and four others wounded by bullet fragments after a shooter opened fire on a crowded beach.|
|May 23, 2020||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||0||5||5||Five men were wounded outside a Jamaican restaurant in the early morning. All were brought to the hospital by private vehicles and have refused to cooperate with police.|
|May 23, 2020||Houston, Texas||0||4||4||A fight escalated at a bar, with the perpetrator leaving the bar and driving to the back of the bar and opening fire, wounding four men.|
|May 22, 2020||Cleveland, Ohio||1||3||4||A man was killed and three other individuals wounded after shots were fired near a local deli in the early morning.|
|May 20, 2020||Houston, Texas||2[n 1][n 2]||3||5||A man shot and killed his pregnant ex-girlfriend and wounded her sister, mother, and boyfriend before committing suicide after being surrounding by police.|
|May 19, 2020||Decatur, Illinois||0||5||5||Five men were wounded shortly after midnight.|
|May 18, 2020||Bakersfield, California||0||5||5||Five teenagers, aged 18 and 17-years-old, were wounded after a man fired into the apartment from outside the complex.|
|May 17, 2020||Charleston, South Carolina||0||4||4||Three people were wounded when an individual opened fire at a party that was hosted at a short term rental. A fourth wounded individual was walking her dog near the home.|
|May 17, 2020||District Heights, Maryland||1||3||4||Police responded to a suspected shooting and found an 18-year-old dead on the sidewalk. Three injured victims were identified later.|
|May 17, 2020||St. Matthews, South Carolina||4[n 1]||1||5||A mother and her 15 and 12-year-old daughters were shot and killed by her husband who wounded another daughter before killing himself in a murder-suicide. Another daughter was uninjured and ran for help.|
|May 16, 2020||Bogalusa, Louisiana||0||13||13||Hundreds of people had gathered for a memorial service when multiple shooters began firing wounding thirteen people.|
|May 14, 2020||Albuquerque, New Mexico||0||5[n 2]||5||Police responding to a call of shots fired discovered five individuals wounded, including a pregnant woman after an argument had escalated.|
|May 13, 2020||Rockford, Illinois||1||4||5||One person was killed and four injured in a believed targeted shooting at a gas station.|
|May 13, 2020||Garrison, Kentucky||1||4||5||Six people were involved in the repossession of a vehicle and one opened fire killing one and injuring four.|
|May 11, 2020||Montgomery, Alabama||0||4||4||Police responding to a call about a gunshot victim discovered one victim with the other three transported to the hospital via private vehicle.|
|May 10, 2020||Katy, Texas||0||6||6||A dispute between two neighbors escalated causing five people to be wounded, including a five-year-old girl.|
|May 10, 2020||Baton Rouge, Louisiana||0||5||5||Multiple gunmen were involved in a shootout at a local food market, wounding five including a minor.|
|May 10, 2020||Fort Worth, Texas||0||5||5||Five people were wounded in a public park where hundreds were gathered, with some reporting the gunfire was fireworks.|
|May 9, 2020||Saint Louis, Missouri||0||4||4||Four people were wounded during a late night shooting.|
|May 7, 2020||Baltimore, Maryland||0||4||4||Four men were discovered shot on the city's west side in the evening.|
|May 6, 2020||Memphis, Tennessee||2||2||4||Two men were shot and killed in a vehicle; two others wounded after attempting to exit the vehicle and were shot at in a drive-by.|
|May 6, 2020||Albany, Georgia||1||3||4||A 16-year-old was killed and three others wounded in a vehicle after the car was shot multiple times in the early morning.|
|May 5, 2020||Hammond, Indiana||1||3||4||A man was killed and three others wounded after an incident of road rage escalated.|
|May 3, 2020||Columbus, Ohio||0||4||4||Four people were wounded after an individual opened fire at a house party.|
|May 3, 2020||Jacksonville, Florida||0||4||4||A man drove up to a street and after exiting the car fired at least 30 shots into a crowd of people wounding four men.|
|May 3, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||0||5||5||Five teenagers - aged 15 through 19 years old - were injured in a drive-by shooting after attending a large gathering.|
|May 2, 2020||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||0||4||4||A man and three women were injured in a shooting in the evening.|
|April 29, 2020||Indianapolis, Indiana||0||4||4||Four people were wounded in a shooting that involved two vehicles and an additional four people near Perry Park.|
|April 27, 2020||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||5||0||5||Five people were killed in a home, aged between 14 and 41, with a child being uninjured in the violence. Police are treating the incident as a matter of family violence.|
|April 26, 2020||Salisbury, North Carolina||1||4||5||One individual was killed and four others - including a juvenile - were injured after a fight escalated into a shooting.|
|April 26, 2020||Troy, New York||0||4||4||Four people were wounded in the cities South End in an early morning shooting.|
|April 25, 2020||Joliet, Illinois||1||3||4||One person was killed and three others injured, with one being 17-years-old, in an early morning shooting.|
|April 25, 2020||Memphis, Tennessee||0||7||7||Seven people were discovered wounded after police responded to an aggravated assault call. The individuals were wounded in a drive-by shooting after heading to an early morning party.|
|April 25, 2020||Orlando, Florida||1||4||5||An 18-year-old athlete who was to play at University of Louisville was killed and four others injured in a late night shooting.|
|April 24, 2020||Fort Wayne, Indiana||0||4||4||Police responding to a shots fired call found four people injured.|
|April 24, 2020||Houston, Texas||3||1||4||Three people were killed and one injured in an apartment by two shooters. Due to the lack of forced entry the victims may have known the shooters.|
|April 18, 2020||Hyattsville, Maryland||2||2||4||Two men were killed and two injured in a late night shooting.|
|April 17, 2020||Springfield, Massachusetts||1||4||5||One man was killed and four others injured after multiple individuals opened fire on a backyard gathering before fleeing in a car and continuing to fire.|
|April 17, 2020||Greensboro, North Carolina||1||3||4||Responding police discovered three adults and a juvenile injured by a shooting. An adult later died in the hospital.|
|April 15, 2020||Jackson, Mississippi||1||3||4||A five-year-old girl was killed and three adults wounded after someone shot into an apartment.|
|April 11, 2020||Bakersfield, California||0||6||6||One juvenile and five adults were wounded after at a large party at an apartment complex was fired upon by at least four shooters.|
|April 10, 2020||Muskegon, Michigan||0||4||4||Police were alerted of shots fired shortly after midnight and arrived to find the suspect had fled and the four wounded had transported themselves to the hospital.|
|April 8, 2020||Detroit, Michigan||0||4||4||One man and three women were injured after an altercation escalated. A male shooter escaped the scene and a female was arrested for pointing a weapon at one of the wounded.|
|April 8, 2020||Anchorage, Alaska||0||4||4||Police responding to a call of shots fired found one person wounded and an additional three connected to the shooting were found in local hospitals.|
|April 8, 2020||Greenwood, South Carolina||1||3||4||A 19-year-old was killed and three others individuals were wounded at an apartment complex.|
|April 7, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||1||3||4||One man was killed and three other individuals wounded, including a 5-year-old, after an individual exited an alley way and opened fire on the group. One of the group likely returned fire at the shooter.|
|April 5, 2020||New York City, New York||0||4||4||Four men were wounded in an early morning shooting in a Brooklyn apartment.|
|April 5, 2020||Lancaster, South Carolina||1||4||5||One man was killed and four other individuals were wounded in a drive-by shooting in which people standing outside a house and sitting in a car were fired upon.|
|April 5, 2020||Los Angeles, California||1||3||4||One man was killed and two other men and one woman were injured in an afternoon shooting.|
|April 4, 2020||Vidor, Texas||0||4||4||Police officers responding to a shots fired call found four wounded individuals, with the shooter arrested later.|
|April 4, 2020||Lubbock, Texas||2||2||4||Police responding to a shots fired call found an adult male and a teenage female deceased and two seriously wounded individuals.|
|April 4, 2020||Hialeah, Florida||1[n 1]||4||5||A man shot and wounded his ex-girlfriend's relatives before barricading himself with her and their 9-year-old child in the home. During the standoff an officer was wounded along with the ex-girlfriend, while the man was killed by police.|
|April 3, 2020||Louisville, Kentucky||0||4||4||Police responding to calls about a shooting discovered two people wounded and a further two wounded drove themselves to the hospital.|
|March 31, 2020||Macon, Georgia||3||1||4||A domestic argument escalated when a man shot and killed his child's mother, step-father, and sister before abducting his two-year-old child. The shooter was arrested and the child recovered after an Amber Alert was issued.|
|March 30, 2020||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||0||5||5||Five people were wounded at a late night memorial gathering after a man fired into the crowd from half-a-block away. The wounded included a two-year-old, a fourteen-year-old, and an eighteen-year-old.|
|March 29, 2020||Atlanta, Georgia||0||4||4||Four people were wounded in a late night shooting, with two of the wounded under the age of 18. One of the wounded was also showing signs of the COVID-19 virus.|
|March 28, 2020||Baltimore, Maryland||1||3||4||One man was killed and two others and a teenager wounded in a drive-by shooting by three shooters.|
|March 23, 2020||San Antonio, Texas||0||4||4||Four people in a car were wounded by shooter in the early morning. Three of the victims had transported themselves to hospitals prior to police arrival. The victim found by officers knew who had shot him, but refused to cooperate with police questions.|
|March 22, 2020||Hanahan, South Carolina||0||4||4||Four people were injured in an early morning shooting.|
|March 20, 2020||Norfolk, Virginia||0||4||4||Four people were discovered to be wounded in a shooting after police received a report about a shooting.|
|March 20, 2020||Saint Louis, Missouri||0||4||4||Three men and a woman were shot and wounded leaving a bar early in the morning. A second woman was injured by the crowd fleeing the scene.|
|March 18, 2020||Jacksonville, Florida||1||4||5||Five people were shot by a man wearing all black and potentially a face mask and one individual died at the scene. One of the wounded is a three-year-old child.|
|March 17, 2020||Baltimore, Maryland||0||7||7||Police reported that seven people were injured during a police involved shooting. None of those wounded were police officers.|
|March 15, 2020||Springfield, Missouri||5[n 1]||2||7||A shooter killed four people, including a police officer, and injured two others, including another police officer, before committing suicide at a gas station.|
|March 15, 2020||Moncure, North Carolina||7[n 1]||0||7||Seven adult members of the same family were killed in an apparent murder suicide and were discovered after reports of shots fired.|
|March 14, 2020||Saginaw, Michigan||2||2||4||Police responding to a shooting found three women and one man injured. Two women later were declared deceased.|
|March 14, 2020||Albuquerque, New Mexico||1||3||4||Reportedly a group of young men burst into a home and started shooting early in the morning. They wounded a woman, a 16-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl and killed an adult male.|
|March 13, 2020||New Orleans, Louisiana||0||5||5||Four men riding in a vehicle shot and wounded five people, including a 15-year-old boy, in a drive by shooting, in the Algiers neighborhood.|
|March 13, 2020||Rockford, Illinois||0||4||4||Three men and one woman were wounded after another man opened fire inside of an apartment. The man was later arrested by police.|
|March 10, 2020||Chester, Pennsylvania||2||2||4||Police responding to a shooting discovered two 15-year-old boys killed and a third juvenile injured. A fourth wounded juvenile involved in the shooting was later identified at a medical center.|
|March 8, 2020||Ceres, California||1||3||4||Police responded to reports of a shooting and discovered three wounded individuals, one of whom later died. A fourth victim arrived at a hospital in a private vehicle.|
|March 8, 2020||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||1||3||4||An early morning argument escalated and resulted in one man killed and three injured outside a local business.|
|March 8, 2020||South Holland, Illinois||0||4||4||Four men were wounded in a vehicle on Bishop Ford Freeway, after another vehicle's occupant(s) fired on them.|
|March 8, 2020||Rosedale, Maryland||1||5||6||A 13-year-old boy was killed, five others were wounded; a 14-year-old boy and girl, two 12-year-old boys and a 19-year-old man were wounded. The group was shot at in a parking lot after an altercation while attending a Triple Threat Elite Dance event.|
|March 7, 2020||Cleveland, Ohio||1||17||18||Seventeen people were wounded and one killed after a shootout between multiple motorcycle clubs after a fight at one of the club's headquarters caused many to be thrown out.|
|March 7, 2020||Albuquerque, New Mexico||0||4||4||Three adults and one child were injured by a shooter while exiting a house party. The shooter was later arrested.|
|March 7, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||0||7||7||Six men and a woman were injured in a drive-by shooting after leaving a house party after a fight broke out in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood.|
|March 6, 2020||Washington D.C.||0||6||6||Four males, one female and a five-year-old child were discovered by police wounded in a drive-by shooting.|
|March 4, 2020||Tulare, California||1||5||6||One was killed while five others were injured at a mass shooting during a celebration of life. The gunman is still at large.|
|February 29, 2020||Kansas City, Missouri||1||4||5||Four people were injured and one person was fatally wounded at a shooting. |
|February 29, 2020||Brighton, Colorado||0||5||5||Five people were wounded in a drive by shooting, before the perpetrators fled.|
|February 26, 2020||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||6[n 1]||0||6||Milwaukee brewery shooting: Five people were killed when a gunman opened fire at the local Molson Coors Beverage Company campus, where he had been employed. Afterwards, the gunman committed suicide.|
|February 25, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||1||4||5||A shooting occurred at a convenience store in the Avalon Park neighborhood where four people were hurt and one person was killed. The four wounded victims were listed in serious-to-critical condition. It was reported that three people, including two men and a woman, exited a vehicle and started firing inside the store. They fled in a white vehicle after the arrival of police. |
|February 25, 2020||Lafayette, Louisiana||0||4||4||At least four people were injured in a shooting at a business.|
|February 23, 2020||Houston, Texas||0||7||7||Seven people were shot at a flea market where a dance event took place with adults and children. A suspect was arrested and charged with assault. None of the injured victims were critically wounded. |
|February 23, 2020||Clarkton, North Carolina||3||1||4||Three people were killed and one person was injured in a shooting. A suspect turned himself in to local authorities and was charged with three counts of murder and one count of attempted murder. |
|February 20, 2020||Caldwell, Idaho||2[n 1]||3||5||Two people were fatally shot and three others, including a police officer, were wounded in a shooting at an apartment complex. The suspect was among the dead. |
|February 20, 2020||Greensboro, North Carolina||0||4||4||Four men were sent to a hospital after police said there were wounded in a shooting in the street. No information about the whereabouts of the shooter were known. |
|February 20, 2020||Orlando, Florida||4[n 1]||0||4||A man killed his wife and two children before killing himself.|
|February 19, 2020||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||0||4||4||A shooting occurred in the North Side of the city where four people were injured. Two of the victims were listed in critical condition while the two others were listed in stable condition. A suspect was apprehended and arrested by law enforcement. |
|February 17, 2020||Port Gibson, Mississippi||2||2||4||Four students of Alcorn State University were involved in a shooting off campus, with two being killed and two others injured.|
|February 16, 2020||Pensacola, Florida||1||4||5||One person was killed and four others were injured in a drive-by shooting. The injured victims were transported to the hospital and two of them were listed in serious condition. |
|February 16, 2020||Midland, Texas||1||3||4||A shooting occurred at a bar where one victim was killed and three others were wounded. |
|February 16, 2020||Hartford, Connecticut||1||4||5||One person was killed and four others were wounded in a shooting at a nightclub. The conditions of the injured are unknown. |
|February 15, 2020||New Orleans, Louisiana||0||4||4||Four people, two men and two women, were wounded in a shooting blocks away from the city's Mardi Gras Parade route.|
|February 15, 2020||Memphis, Tennessee||0||7||7||Seven people were wounded when an unknown shooter opened fire at a street race after an argument escalated. All were brought to the hospital via private vehicles.|
|February 14, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||0||6||6||Three adults and three children were wounded in a shooting at a gathering in an apartment complex in the South Side of the city. |
|February 10, 2020||Dover, Delaware||1||4||5||One person was fatally shot and four others were wounded in a shooting. It was initially reported that three victims were injured but a fourth one was discovered later and refused medical treatment. The four victims suffered non life-threatening injuries. |
|February 9, 2020||San Antonio, Texas||0||4||4||A heated argument turned violent between a man and a woman in front of a house which led to a shooting. Four people were injured as a result of the shooting and were each transported to a hospital. Three of them were listed in serious condition while the fourth was in stable condition. Two of the injured were charged afterwards.|
|February 9, 2020||Youngstown, Ohio||3||2||5||Three people were killed and two others were injured in a shooting at a club. The conditions of the injured are unknown. According to police, one of the victims was found dead inside a car. At least one suspect is in custody.|
|February 8, 2020||Houston, Texas||1||3||4||A 29-year-old rap artist was killed and three others were wounded in a shooting in North Houston. The wounded victims' conditions are unknown. The suspects are gang members according to the chief of police.|
|February 7, 2020||Waco, Texas||1||3||4||One man was killed and three others were wounded in a shooting outside and inside a home in Waco. Two of the victims were transported to a hospital by ambulance and were listed in critical condition. The third victim self applied to the hospital but his condition was unknown. Police believe that the motive behind the shooting is the sale of illicit drugs gone wrong.|
|February 5, 2020||Indianapolis, Indiana||4||0||4||Four people were fatally shot on the Northeast section of the city. The victims are three males and one female and their ages are unknown yet. No suspects have been identified or arrested.|
|February 3, 2020||Washington County, Maine||3||1||4||Three people were killed and another was injured in the towns of Machias and Jonesboro. A 63-year-old man has been charged with three counts of murder and one count of attempted murder in the case. |
|February 3, 2020||Grapevine, California||1||5||6||One person was killed and five others were injured from a shooting on a Greyhound bus heading from Los Angeles to San Francisco. The bus was traversing Tejon Pass on Interstate 5, near Lebec, California, and stopped in Grapevine after the shooting.|
|February 1, 2020||Philadelphia, Mississippi||0||4||4||Police responded to a street location where multiple shots were fired. They found four victims, aged 18-45 years old, with bullet wounds. Three of the victims were transported by helicopter to a hospital. It is unknown what their conditions are. Police are trying to locate any suspects in the shooting.|
|February 1, 2020||Union Parish, Louisiana||4[n 1]||0||4||A shooter shot and killed two members of a family and a friend of one of them inside a house. A third fled through a window uninjured and alerted the authorities. The shooter then committed suicide.|
|January 31, 2020||Delano, California||1||4||5||One person was killed and four others were injured in a shooting incident that occurred in several locations. One of the injured is in critical condition while the other three are expected to recover. The shooting happened during a memorial gathering for a victim who previously passed away due to a traffic accident.|
|January 31, 2020||Boynton Beach, Florida||1||3||4||A shooting left one victim dead and the other three injured in the 200 block of Northeast First Court.|
|January 31, 2020||Shreveport, Louisiana||0||4||4||A shooting occurred at an apartment complex where four teens were injured. All four victims, aged 15-17 years old, suffered non-life-threatening injuries according to first responders.|
|January 30, 2020||Merced, California||0||4||4||Four teenagers were injured in a shooting on public streets. Three of the victims are listed in stable condition while the fourth is in critical condition. Police are interviewing witnesses for their investigation.|
|January 27, 2020||Bridgeport, Connecticut||0||4||4||Four men were wounded outside the Golden Hill Street Courthouse while sitting in a car, in a drive-by shooting by multiple shooters.|
|January 26, 2020||Newburgh, New York||3||1||4||Four family members were shot at a home. Three of the victims are dead and the fourth victim, a child, is wounded and is in serious condition. The suspect was apprehended and arrested by the police.|
|January 26, 2020||Cape Girardeau, Missouri||0||5||5||Multiple shots were fired inside a business where five people were wounded in a shooting.|
|January 26, 2020||Salisbury, North Carolina||0||6||6||Six people were injured by a shooting shortly after midnight, at a local restaurant. An additional three others were treated for non-gunfire related injuries.|
|January 26, 2020||Hartsville, South Carolina||3||6||9||Three people were fatally shot and four others were injured at a bar. |
|January 24, 2020||Vanceboro, North Carolina||5[n 1]||0||5||A man shot and killed his wife and three children, aged between eight months and four years old, along with the family dog. He then killed himself.|
|January 24, 2020||Lisle, Illinois||2[n 1]||2||4||A woman killed one person and injured two others before killing herself at a cigar lounge. The victims were Illinois State Troopers.|
|January 22, 2020||Seattle, Washington||1||7||8||Eight people were shot, one fatally, outside a McDonald's on Pine Street in Downtown Seattle.|
|January 19, 2020||Kansas City, Missouri||2[n 1]||15||17||Two people (including the perpetrator) were killed and fifteen others were injured during a shooting at a nightclub.|
|January 19, 2020||South Houston, Texas||2||2||4||Police discovered two people dead and two injured after responding to a shooting.|
|January 19, 2020||Memphis, Tennessee||1||4||5||One person was killed and four others were injured during a shooting outside a nightclub.|
|January 19, 2020||San Antonio, Texas||2||5||7||Two people were killed and five others injured at a nightclub.|
|January 17, 2020||Grantsville, Utah||4||1||5||Shooting of Haynie family: Four people were killed and one was injured after a teenager allegedly fired at his family at their house. He was charged with four counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted aggravated murder and five counts of illegal discharge of a firearm.|
|January 16, 2020||Chicago, Illinois||0||5||5||Three children between 11 and 16 years old were injured along with two adults after two perpetrators fired into a barber shop in the East Garfield Park neighborhood.|
|January 15, 2020||Des Moines, Iowa||2||2||4||Two people were killed and two injured after a shooting in a home's detached garage.|
|January 11, 2020||Aurora, Colorado||0||5||5||Five people, including three teenagers, were wounded by a 16-year-old shooter at an apartment building.|
|January 8, 2020||Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi||2||2||4||Two people were killed and two injured in a random ambush style shooting. The perpetrator was arrested after arriving at his mother's house covered in blood.|
|January 5, 2020||Atlanta, Georgia||0||4||4||Four people were injured by a single person after an argument near a northwestern Atlanta nightclub early in the morning.|
|January 4, 2020||Ocala, Florida||1||3||4||One man was killed and three men were injured in a mid morning shooting.|
|January 2, 2020||Brooklyn, New York||0||4||4||Four people were wounded in a drive-by shooting outside an apartment building in the Sunset Park neighborhood.|
|January 1, 2020||St. Louis, Missouri||3||1||4||Responding police discovered three people dead and one wounded at an early morning shooting in the Benton Park neighborhood.|
|January 1, 2020||Cleveland, Ohio||0||4||4||An argument in a Downtown Cleveland night club's VIP section led to three people being wounded and a fourth person was shot in the head in the back alley.|
|January 1, 2020||Huntington, West Virginia||0||7||7||Seven people were wounded inside and out a hookah bar early in the morning, after an argument escalated.|
|January 1, 2020||Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico||4||1||5||A family of four, including nine-year-old twin boys, were shot and killed at their home after celebrating New Year's Eve. A 16-year-old boy was seriously injured.|
|Month||Mass Shootings||Total number killed||Total number wounded||Occurred at a school or university||Occurred at a place of worship|
The statistics columns for each month are updated after the month ends, in an effort to make sure the correct number of events, individuals affected, and descriptions are accurate. Thus, the number may be incomplete throughout the month until the last day of each month.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak large public gatherings were banned across the United States beginning in March 2020.
- Including the perpetrator
- Including an unborn child
- List of mass shootings in the United States in 2019
- List of mass shootings in the United States in 2018
- List of school shootings in the United States
- List of school shootings in the United States by death toll
- Casualty recording
- "Mass Shootings in 2020". Gun Violence Archive. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Bjelopera, Jerome (March 18, 2013). "Public Mass Shootings in the United States". Congressional Research Service. Retrieved December 6, 2019.
There is no broadly agreed-to, specific conceptualization of this issue, so this report uses its own definition for public mass shootings.
- Borchers, Callum (October 4, 2017). "The squishy definition of 'mass shooting' complicates media coverage". Washington Post. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
...'mass shooting' is a term without a universally-accepted definition.
- "General Methodology". Gun Violence Archive. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Berkowitz, Bonnie; Lu, Denise; Alcantara, Chris (September 14, 2018). "More than 50 years of U.S. mass shootings: The victims, sites, killers and weapons". Washington Post. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Follman, Mark; Aronsen, Gavin; Pan, Deanna (September 20, 2018). "A Guide to Mass Shootings in America". Mother Jones. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "About the Mass Shooting Tracker". Mass Shooting Tracker. Retrieved April 6, 2020.
- "Mass Shootings in America". Stanford Libraries. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- Lopez, German (December 4, 2015). "The debate over how to define mass shootings is ridiculous". Vox. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Keneally, Meghan (June 5, 2019). "There were 2 deadly mass shootings a month so far in 2019". ABC News. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- Lee, China (May 24, 2020). "One killed, several injured in multiple shootings at Jackson home". WLBT ABC 3. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- reports, From staff (May 24, 2020). "More than a dozen shot, including two killed, Sunday, city police report". STLtoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Jackson, Lily (2020-05-25). "3 dead in north Alabama shooting". al. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Dickerson, Brad; Wilcox, Zach (May 24, 2020). "Police: Six in custody in Ocean Blvd. shooting that injured several early Sunday morning". WIS NEWS ABC 10. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Cook, Linda (May 24, 2020). "Watch now: Video captures sounds of Saturday's fatal shooting in Rock Island". Muscatine Journal. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Feit, Noah (May 24, 2020). "Teen among two killed in shooting at post-quarantine party, more hurt SC cops say". The State. Retrieved May 25, 2020.
- Staff, WBTV Web (May 24, 2020). "Police respond to four shootings, stabbing on violent Saturday night". WBTV CBS 3. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Saturday night shooting in Mount Morris leaves 1 dead and 3 in critical condition MLive.com, May 24, 2020
- Wire, Sun-Times (2020-05-23). "1 killed, 3 wounded in Lawndale shooting". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Balona, Patricio G. (May 24, 2020). "Daytona police say 2 shot, 4 others hurt in Saturday incident near beach". Daytona Beach News-Journal Online. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Dwork, David (2020-05-23). "Sunrise police investigating after 5 people shot outside Jamaican restaurant". WPLG. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- Zamora-Nipper, Taisha Walker, Briana (2020-05-23). "UPDATE: 4 people injured in shooting outside club in Midtown". KPRC. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- "One dead, several injured in early morning shooting on Cleveland's southeast side". wkyc.com. May 22, 2020. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- KTRK (2020-05-20). "Suspect kills himself after killing pregnant woman, wounding 3 others". ABC13 Houston. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- Karsten, Garrett (May 20, 2020). "5 wounded in early Tuesday shooting, Decatur police say". Herald-Review.com. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Crux-Orduna, Karen (2020-05-18). "Five teens injured inside an East Bakersfield apartment mass shooting". KGET 17. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Fortier-Bensen, Tony (2020-05-17). "Four injured in a shooting on Cannon Street during a party early Sunday". WCIV. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Police, Prince George's County (2020-05-18). "PGPD News: PGPD Investigating Fatal Shooting in District Heights". PGPD News. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Gorchow, Kiana Miller, Laurel Mallory, Joe. "Report: Surviving children detail terrifying account of murder-suicide at home near St. Matthews". WBTV CBS 3. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Team, WDSU Digital (2020-05-18). "Bogalusa Police: 'Chaos' ensued at memorial service mass shooting attended by estimated 800 people". WDSU. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Rodriguez, Vince (2020-05-16). "Five people shot in ABQ, including woman 7 months pregnant". KOAT. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Newsroom, WIFR (May 13, 2020). "One dead, four injured in Way-Low gas station shooting". www.wifr.com. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "One dead, four injured during early morning Garrison, KY shooting". WOWK 13 News. 2020-05-14. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- Fiscus, Kirsten (May 11, 2020). "Four injured, one critically in Monday shooting near Rosa Parks Ave. and Courtland Drive". The Montgomery Advertiser. Retrieved 2020-05-12.
- Smith, Tierra (2020-05-11). "5-year-old girl one of 6 people shot in Katy after families opened fire on one another: HCSO". KPRC. Retrieved 2020-05-12.
- Thomas, Zandria (May 10, 2020). "WATCH: Surveillance video of Mother's Day shoot-out leaving 5 injured". WBRZ. Retrieved 2020-05-11.
- Harris, Jake (May 10, 2020). "5 people shot in Fort Worth park where hundreds were gathered, officials say". wfaa.com. Retrieved 2020-05-11.
- reports, From staff (May 9, 2020). "At least 10 people shot in the city of St. Louis on Saturday". STLtoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-10.
- "Four men shot in Southwest Baltimore's Beechfield neighborhood". WMAR. 2020-05-08. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- Taylor, Eryn; Patterson, Jerrita (2020-05-07). "Two people dead, two others injured after shooting in East Memphis". WREG.com. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- "UPDATE: Albany teen fatally shot overnight identified". WALB 10 NEWS. May 6, 2020. Retrieved 2020-05-06.
- Pathieu, Diane (2020-05-06). "Man killed in Hammond road rage shooting ID'd; 3 others wounded, police say". ABC7 Chicago. Retrieved 2020-05-06.
- "4 injured in shooting at east Columbus party". NBC4 WCMH-TV. 2020-05-03. Retrieved 2020-05-05.
- Parker, Marilyn (2020-05-04). "JSO: 50 shots fired, four men hurt in chaotic Northwest Jacksonville shooting". WJXT. Retrieved 2020-05-05.
- Wire, Sun-Times (2020-05-03). "5 teens hurt in Lawndale drive-by". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- WPVI (2020-05-03). "Shooting leaves 26-year-old man injured in Southwest Philadelphia: Police". 6abc Philadelphia. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- Mack, Justin L. (April 29, 2020). "Indianapolis crime: 4 injured in shooting at Perry Park on the south-side". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Carson, Sophie; Luthern, Ashley; Barton, Gina (April 27, 2020). "'Nobody understands this situation': Five dead in shooting at a home on Milwaukee's north side". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- Staff, WSOCTV com News. "1 dead, 4 hurt after fight escalates to shooting in Salisbury, police say". WSOC. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- Mikati, Massarah (2020-04-26). "Four people shot in Troy early Sunday morning". Times Union. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- "Aurora Man Killed, 3 People Shot on Joliet's East Side". Aurora, IL Patch. 2020-04-25. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Investigation underway after 7 people injured in a shooting, police say". WHBQ. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Ocoee High football player killed, four injured, in Orlando shooting". WESH. 2020-04-26. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Four people injured in southeast Fort Wayne shooting". WANE. 2020-04-25. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- Galvan, Jaime (April 24, 2020). "3 dead, another critical in shooting at southeast Houston apartment". khou.com. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Salathe, Sandra (2020-04-19). "Two dead, two wounded in Prince George's Co. shooting". WTOP. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Canton, Dave (2020-04-18). "One dead, four wounded in Springfield rolling gunfight". masslive. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- "Homicide investigation underway after victim dies in Greensboro shooting". myfox8.com. 2020-04-18. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Adams, Ross (2020-04-16). "5-year-old girl killed in shooting at Jackson apartment complex". WAPT. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- staff, Eyewitness News (2020-04-11). "Six shot and injured during shooting in east Bakersfield". KBAK. Retrieved 2020-04-12.
- Moore, Lynn (2020-04-10). "Four shot, two critically, in Muskegon following likely domestic dispute". mlive. Retrieved 2020-04-12.
- Ramirez, Charles E. (April 9, 2020). "1 man, 3 women shot, wounded in fight on Detroit's east side". Detroit News. Retrieved 2020-04-12.
- Staff, KTUU Digital (April 9, 2020). "UPDATE: Fight sends multiple people to local hospital". www.ktuu.com. Retrieved 2020-04-12.
- Ablon, Matthew (April 8, 2020). "Deputies: Teen killed, three others wounded after shooting at Greenwood apartment complex". FOX Carolina. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Man killed, 5-year-old among 3 others injured in Gresham shooting". WGN-TV. 2020-04-08. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- Cassady, Daniel (2020-04-05). "Four men injured in Brooklyn apartment shooting". New York Post. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Five shot, one killed in apparent drive-by shooting in Lancaster County". WBTV 3 CBS. April 6, 2020. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Four People Shot, One Killed, in South LA". NBC Los Angeles. April 6, 2020. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- STAFF (2020-04-05). "DEVELOPING: Accused gunman detained after four shot in Vidor". KFDM. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "LPD: 2 dead, 2 seriously injured in shooting early Saturday". KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com. 2020-04-04. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- Sabovic, Sanela (2020-04-05). "SWAT officer, 3 others shot after man barricades himself inside Hialeah apartment". WPLG. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- Sylvestri, Shellie (April 3, 2020). "4 people shot near West Broadway and Cecil Ave". Wave 3 News. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- Staff, WGXA Digital (2020-03-31). "Deputies: Man wanted for murder, kidnapping after three found dead in Macon". WGXA. Retrieved 2020-04-02.
- "Police: 5 People, Including 2-Year-Old Boy, Shot In North Philadelphia During Family Party Amid Coronavirus Outbreak". CBS 3 Staff. 2020-03-31. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- Prince, Chelsea (March 30, 2020). "Shooting injures 4, including man with symptoms of coronavirus". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- Prudente, Tim (March 28, 2020). "Shooters kill man, wound three others in South Baltimore's Pigtown neighborhood, police say". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- Salazar, Maritza (2020-03-23). "Police find one gunshot victim after drive-by shooting, later learn three more were shot". WOAI. Retrieved 2020-03-25.
- Simmons, Alexis (March 22, 2020). "Police: 4 injured in Hanahan shooting". Live 5 News WCSC. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- "4 injured in Norfolk shooting". WTKR. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- Eisele, Elizabeth (March 20, 2020). "Four people shot leaving bar in Jeff-Vander-Lou neighborhood of north St. Louis". KMOV.com. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- Staff, ActionNewsJax com News (March 18, 2020). "5 shot including 3-year-old on Harts Road in Jacksonville". WJAX. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- "Up To 7 People Shot In Police-Involved Shooting, Baltimore City FOP Says". www.msn.com. March 18, 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- 5 killed, including officer, in Missouri gas station shooting Gray News, March 16, 2020
- Grubb, Tammy (March 16, 2020). "7 family members fatally shot in quiet, rural Chatham County community". The News & Observer. Retrieved March 16, 2020.
- Acosta, Roberto (2020-03-15). "2 women killed in Saginaw shooting, 2 other people injured". mlive. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- Writers, Matthew Reisen and Martin Salazar | Journal Staff (March 14, 2020). "One dead, three wounded in shooting near Broadway and Coal". www.abqjournal.com. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- Braun, Georgette (March 13, 2020). "Rockford man charged in Auburn Manor shooting". Rockford Register Star. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Police: Two 15-Year-Old Boys Killed, 2 Other Juveniles Injured In Chester Quadruple Shooting". CBS 3 Philly. 2020-03-10. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- Farrow, Deke (March 9, 2020). "1 dead, 3 injured in Ceres-area shooting. Stanislaus deputies out looking for suspects". The Modesto Bee. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "'A security guard got shot:' 1 killed, 1 critical in quadruple shooting at Cheetah Club". FOX6Now.com. 2020-03-08. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- D'Onofrio, Jessica (2020-03-09). "4 injured in Bishop Ford Freeway shooting in South Holland, ISP says". ABC7 Chicago. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- Kemp, Micarie (2020-03-08). "13-yr-old killed, other juveniles and 19-yr-old injured in Baltimore County shooting". WBFF. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- Morice, Jane (2020-03-08). "18 shot, 1 killed following fight between multiple motorcycle clubs on Cleveland's East Side". cleveland. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- Reisen, Matthew (March 7, 2020). "APD: 4 shot as man opens fire outside house party". www.abqjournal.com. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- Wilusz, Luke (2020-03-07). "7 shot in Grand Crossing, suspects in custody after Dan Ryan crash: police". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- "Vehicle of Interest Sought in an Assault With Intent to Kill (Gun) Offense: 6200 Block of Dix Street, Northeast | mpdc". mpdc.dc.gov. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- "Mass shooting at celebration of life in California kills 1, injures 5, including young girl". USA Today. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "5 people shot in Westport early Saturday; Kansas City police investigating". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 2020-03-01.
- "Five people shot overnight near Brighton; authorities searching for three suspects". The Denver Post. 2020-03-01. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Woman Killed, 4 Others Injured in South Side Shooting: Police". NBC 5 Chicago. Retrieved 2020-02-27.
- "Four people injured in overnight shooting in Louisiana". KLFY. Retrieved 2020-02-27.
- "UPDATE: Man charged in shooting that left 7 injured at north Harris Co. flea market". Fox 26 Houston. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "UPDATE: Suspect in Clarkton triple murder surrenders". Bladen Journal. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "UPDATE: Two dead in Caldwell shooting". KIVI. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- "Four people shot on busy Greensboro street, police say". WFMW News 2. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- A CBP employee killed his wife and two sons before fatally shooting himself, police say CNN, February 21, 2020
- "Four people wounded, two critically, in Philadelphia shooting". www.inquirer.com. The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- "Alcorn State University Statement on Off-Campus Shooting". www.alcorn.edu. Retrieved 2020-02-19.
- "1 dead after 5 people shot in drive-by Pensacola shooting". www.weartv.com/new. WEARTV. 2020-02-17. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "1 KILLED, 3 INJURED AT SHOOTING AT MIDLAND BAR". www.newswest9.com. NewsWest9. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "28-YEAR-OLD MAN KILLED, 4 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT CONNECTICUT NIGHTCLUB". www.abc7ny.com. WABC. 2020-02-16. Retrieved 16 February 2020.
- report, Staff (February 15, 2020). "Four in stable condition after shooting blocks away from New Orleans Mardi Gras parade route". NOLA.com. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
- Staff, WMCActionNews5 com. "7 injured after shots fired during street race, police say". WM Action News 5. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
- "3 children, 3 adults injured after South Side shooting". www.wgntv.com. WGN9. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- "Updated: One Dead, Four Injured in Dover Shooting". www.wboc.com. WBOC. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "FOUR INJURED IN NORTHEAST-SIDE SHOOTING, POLICE SAY". www.kens5.com. KENS5. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- "Police: 3 killed, at least two injured in shooting in Ohio". www.washingtontimes.com/news/. The Washington Times. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Police: Rap artist killed, 3 injured in possible gang shooting in N. Houston". www.chron.com/news. Chron. 2020-02-08. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Police: Drugs may be linked to shooting that killed 1, wounded 3". www.wacotrib.com/. Waco TribuneTribune-Herald. Retrieved 8 February 2020.
- "Man charged with killing 3 people in Washington County". www.wishtv.com/news/. WISHTV. 2020-02-06. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- "Man charged with killing 3 people in Washington County". centralmaine.com. Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Greyhound shooting: After gunfire kills 1 and wounds 5, authorities look for answers". Los Angeles Times. 2020-02-03. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Four victims shot in Philadelphia". WTOK. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- "Four people dead after domestic argument in Union Parish". KNOE. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "UPDATE: 1 dead, 4 others wounded in Delano shooting". KGET. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "One dead, three wounded in Boynton Beach shooting". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "4 teens, all under age 18, shot at apartment complex". KSLA. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- "Police: Four juveniles shot in Downtown Merced, one critical". KGPE. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Mayko, Michael P.; Fry, Ethan; Shay, Jim; Lambert, Ben (2020-01-27). "Police: Bridgeport courthouse shooting linked to weekend homicide". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- "3 DEAD, CHILD INJURED AFTER SHOOTING AT ORANGE COUNTY HOME". WABC. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- "5 injured in overnight shooting on South Sprigg St. in Cape Girardeau Mo". KFVS12. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- Staff, WSOCTV com News. "'A lot of gunshots': Six people shot at party inside Salisbury restaurant". WSOC. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- "6 people were shot at a South Carolina bar, including 2 fatally". CNN. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Man killed wife, 3 children, family dog before killing self in Craven County, deputies say". ABC11 Raleigh-Durham. 2020-01-26. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- Authorities identify shooter and victims in Lisle cigar lounge shooting, including three Illinois State troopers Chicago Sun-Times, January 25, 2020
- Green, Sara Jean; Takahama, Elise (January 22, 2020). "1 dead and 7 injured, including 9-year-old boy, in mass shooting on sidewalk in downtown Seattle". The Seattle Times. Retrieved January 22, 2020.
- "Two people killed, 15 others hurt in shooting at Kansas City nightclub". WDAF. Retrieved 2020-01-20.
- "2 dead, 2 injured in shooting in City of South Houston". KHOU. January 20, 2020. Retrieved 2020-01-22.
- "Truth Night Bar owner says shooting that killed 1, injured 4 happened outside back door". Fox 13. Retrieved 2020-01-21.
- 2 dead, 5 injured in shooting at music venue along San Antonio River Walk KENS, January 19, 2020
- "Police investigating quadruple homicide in Grantsville". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Camarillo, Emmanuel (2020-01-16). "5 wounded, including 3 children, in shooting at an East Garfield Park barbershop". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Hendrickson, Dan (2020-01-15). "Two Dead, Two Injured in Shooting in on Des Moines' West Side". whotv.com. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Contreras, Oscar (2020-01-14). "16-year-old arrested in Aurora shooting that left 5 injured". KMGH. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Liese, Sarah; Lacy, Mike; Knowles, Lindsay (January 10, 2020). "Police: Suspect 'ambushed' victims, leaving 2 dead and 2 injured". WLOX. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- Burns, Asia Simone (January 5, 2020). "4 injured in shooting near NW Atlanta nightclub; gunman sought". ajc. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- Miller, Austin L. (January 4, 2020). "One dead, 3 injured in shooting at NW Ocala site of earlier car fire". Ocala.com. Retrieved 2020-01-05.
- Celona, Larry; Barone, Vincent (2020-01-03). "Four people wounded during drive-by shooting in Brooklyn". New York Post. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- Amand, Amanda St (January 2, 2020). "Five homicides in first morning of 2020 in St. Louis". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- Ferrise, Adam (2020-01-02). "Fight in VIP section of downtown Cleveland club led to quadruple shooting, police say". cleveland. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- WJHG (January 1, 2020). "Seven shot at W.Va. bar on New Year's Day". www.wjhg.com. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- Family of 4, including twin boys, killed in Puerto Rico