List of Americans by net worth
This is a list of American billionaires based on an annual assessment of wealth and assets.
Notably, the Forbes 400 Richest Americans list is published annually since 1982. The combined net worth of the 2017 class of the 400 richest Americans was $2.7 trillion, up from $2.4 trillion in the previous year. As of March 2018, the U.S. had 585 billionaires.
United States billionaires list
Top 15 richest Americans
As of February 2019, according to Forbes, the top 15 billionaires are the following.
|Rank||Name||Net worth (USD)||Age||Sources of wealth|
|1||Jeff Bezos||$131.4 billion||54||Amazon.com|
|2||Bill Gates||$96.4 billion||62||Microsoft, Cascade Investment|
|3||Warren Buffett||$82.6 billion||88||Berkshire Hathaway|
|4||Larry Ellison||$62.4 billion||74||Oracle|
|5||Mark Zuckerberg||$62.1 billion||34|
|6||Larry Page||$60 billion||46|
|7||Charles Koch||$50.4 billion||83||Koch Industries|
|7||David Koch||$50.4 billion||78||Koch Industries|
|9||Sergey Brin||$49.9 billion||45||Alphabet|
|10||Michael Bloomberg||$48.7 billion||77||Bloomberg L.P.|
|11||Jim Walton||$44.6 billion||70||Walmart, inherited|
|12||S. Robson Walton||$44.3 billion||74||Walmart, inherited|
|13||Alice Walton||$44.4 billion||69||Walmart, inherited|
|14||Steve Ballmer||$41.2 billion||63||Microsoft, LA Clippers|
|15||Sheldon Adelson||$35.1 billion||85||Las Vegas Sands Corp.|
Americans with a net worth of 10 billion - 40 billion (USD)
Americans with a net worth of 4 billion - 10 billion (USD)
- The World's Billionaires
- List of countries by the number of billionaires
- Wealth inequality in the United States
- "Forbes 400 2017: Meet The Richest People In America". Forbes. October 17, 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Forbes' 32nd Annual World's Billionaires Issue". Forbes. March 6, 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- "The World's Billionaires List - United States". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index". Retrieved 11 March 2018.