List of metropolitan areas in New Mexico
The State of New Mexico has a total of four metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) that are fully or partially located in the state. 7 of the state's 33 counties are classified by the United States Census Bureau as metropolitan. As of the 2000 census, these counties had a combined population 1,147,424 (63.1% of the state's total population). Based on a July 1, 2009 population estimate, that figure rose to 1,335,985 (66.5% of the state's total population).
- Albuquerque MSA
- Farmington MSA
- Las Cruces MSA
- Santa Fe MSA
|Metropolitan Statistical Area||2010
|Las Cruces MSA||209,233||174,682||19.78%|
|Santa Fe MSA||144,170||129,292||11.51%|
Combined Statistical Areas
The United States Census Bureau defines a Combined Statistical Area (CSA) as an aggregate of adjacent Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) that are linked by commuting ties. There are three combined statistical areas in New Mexico, with one crossing into Texas.
- Albuquerque-Santa Fe-Las Vegas CSA
- Albuquerque Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Santa Fe Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Las Vegas Micropolitan Statistical Area
- Espanola Micropolitan Statistical Area
- Grants Micropolitan Statistical Area
- Los Alamos Micropolitan Statistical Area
- El Paso-Las Cruces CSA
- Clovis-Portales CSA
|Combined Statistical Area||2010|
|Albuquerque-Santa Fe-Las Vegas CSA||1,146,049|
|El Paso-Las Cruces CSA||1,013,356|
- List of micropolitan areas in New Mexico
- List of cities in New Mexico
- New Mexico census statistical areas
- Table of United States primary census statistical areas (PCSA)
- Table of United States Combined Statistical Areas (CSA)
- Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA)
- Table of United States Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSA)
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population for Counties of New Mexico: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- The 938 Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) currently defined by the United States Census Bureau include the 361 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs), which generally have an urban core population of 50,000 or more, and the 577 Micropolitan Statistical Areas , which generally have an urban core population of 10,000 or more but less than 50,000.