List of minerals of Pakistan
This is a list of minerals, both metallic and non-metallic.
- Rock phosphate
- Radioactive minerals
- Rock salt
- Silica sand
Gemstones, also known as semi-precious stones or gems, are minerals widely used in jewelry and for ornamental purposes. Northern and western regions of Pakistan are rich in high quality gemstones. Some of the major gemstones are enlisted below;
- Topaz - in various colours including violet, pink, golden, and champagne
- Bastnaesite - rare earth mineral
- Xenotime - rare earth mineral
- Quartz of various types
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minerals of Pakistan.|
- "Pakistan’s Gemstones: An Overview". Pala Gems. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Encyclopedia of Pakistan by Zahid Hussain Anjum, Jahangir Book Depot, Pakistan 2005-2006