List of mines in the Northwest Territories
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of mines in the Northwest Territories and includes both operating and closed mines. Mines that are in operation are in bold. The list does not include mines that were operating prior to 1999 in what is now Nunavut.
- A.^ Harry Winston Diamond Mines owns 40% and Diavik Diamond Mines, which is 100% owned by the Rio Tinto Group, owns 60%.
- B.^ Dominion Diamond Corporation owns 88.9% while Charles Fipke and Stewart Blusson each own 10%.
- C.^ Mountain Province Diamonds owns 44%, De Beers Canada 51% and Camphor Ventures 4.9%
- D.^ Pine Point and Port Radium are ghost towns. Deline and Fort Resolution are the closest modern communities
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mining in the Northwest Territories.|
- "The History of Mining in the Northwest Territories". Minerals, Oil and Gas, History of Exploration and Development. Government of the Northwest Territories: Industry, Tourism and Investment. Archived from the original on 2013-11-15. Retrieved 2013-09-27.
- Bullmoose Ruth Mine Sites LOI (EW699-161320/A)
- The Operational History of Mines in the Northwest Territories, Canada
- Site 00000162 - CAMLAREN MINE (HUMP VEIN)
- Cantung Mine
- Diavik Diamond Mine
- Ekati Diamond Mine
- Gahcho Kue Diamond Mine Project
- Site 00000173 - NEGUS MINE/COMINCO LTD
- Snap Lake Diamond Mine
|This Canadian Northwest Territories location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|