List of telecom companies in India
Mobile network operators
The total number of wireless subscribers in India reached 1,131.01 million at the end of May 2018. 
Airtel - 344.51
Tata Docomo - 27.60
Airtel - 30.46%
Tata Docomo - 2.44%
Jio- 215 RCom- 0.23
Jio- 18.17% RCom- 0.02%
- Vodafone and Idea have been sanctioned by the NCLT for a merger. Such a merger would render them the world's second-largest telcom company.
- Reliance Communications and its subsidiaries plan to exit their state of insolvency and reduce their debt of 46,000 crore rupees by selling physical assets such as towers and fiber optic networks, as well as part of its bandwidth, to Reliance Jio.
As of 30 April, 2018, there are 22.64 million wired subscribers in India in total. 
Direct-To-Home (DTH) operators
|1||Dish TV||2003||15.86 ||Essel Group|
|2||Tata Sky||2006||15.86 ||Tata Sons (60%)|
21st Century Fox (30%)
Temasek Holdings (10%)
|3||Airtel digital TV||2008||13.88 ||Bharti Airtel Limited|
|4||Videocon d2h||2009||12.50 ||Essel Group (55%)
Videocon Group (45%)
|5||Sun Direct||2007||6.61||Sun Network (80%)|
Astro Group (20%)
Multiple-system operators (MSOs)
Internet service providers (ISPs)
- Telecommunications in India
- List of mobile network operators
- List of mobile network operators of the Asia Pacific region
- "Press Release on Telecom Subscription Data". Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- "Vodafone, Idea Cellular to merge". Firstpost.
- "Idea covers 10 telecom circles with its world class 4G LTE services". Idea Cellular.
- "Tata Teleservices to merge consumer business with Bharti Airtel". EconomicTimes.
- Pandey, Navadha (2018-01-12). "NCLT approves Idea-Vodafone merger". livemint.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- www.ETTelecom.com. "RCom shares gain after telco moves NCLAT - ET Telecom". ETTelecom.com. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "The Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicators" (PDF) (Press release). TRAI. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Dish TV India, Videocon d2h merger completed". The Economic Times. 22 March 2018. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Dish TV's Q1 subs adds strong, EBITDA up 12% amid flat ARPU | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "With DTH evolution, life is not so 'jhingalala' for Tata Sky - The Economic Times". Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Airtel Digital TV's Q1 net subs adds highest in 4 years, EBITDA up 9.5% QoQ | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data" (PDF). TRAI. TRAI.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data" (PDF). TRAI. TRAI. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.