List of most-followed Facebook pages
This list contains the top 20 accounts with the largest number of followers on the social media platform Facebook. As of October 2018, the most liked page is Facebook's own page with more than 213 million likes. The second most liked page is Samsung's page with over 159 million. The most liked person is Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, with close to 123 million likes.
The number of "likes" on Facebook can serve as a measurement of interest and/or popularity in a particular brand, product or personality, though there have also been reports of the "overblown importance" of likes. Due to social media's role as an influential way of shaping reputations, there exist companies specializing in selling "likes" from fake accounts. This has caused issues for companies advertising on Facebook, due to receiving an abundance of likes without credibility that distort actual user metrics. Facebook's Terms of Service agreement states that users are only allowed to have one personal page, and it has an ongoing "war" against fake accounts. A May 2015 estimate put the number of fake accounts at 170 million, and a Symantec study in September 2011 found that 15% of 3.5 million video posts were made through fake likes.
Top 25 pages
The following table lists the top 25 most liked pages on Facebook, with each total rounded to the nearest million followers, as well as the profession or activity of each user, and their country of origin.
|2||Samsung||160||Products and services||KOR|
|4||Real Madrid C.F.||110||Football club||ESP|
|5||Coca-Cola||107||Product and services||USA|
|6||FC Barcelona||103||Football club||ESP|
|10||Lionel Messi (Leo Messi)||90||Footballer||ARG|
|12||Mr. Bean||83||Public figure||UK|
|13||YouTube||83||Product and services||USA|
|19||Manchester United||73||Football club||UK|
|20||Harry Potter||72||Fictional Character|
|As of July 1, 2019[update]|
- Busari, Stephanie (July 7, 2009). "Michael Jackson is Facebook's most popular". London: CNN.
- Heussner, Ki Mae (July 6, 2010). "Top 10 Most Popular Celebs on Facebook". ABC News.
- "Ronaldo has most Facebook likes after going ahead of Shakira". BBC. March 14, 2015.
- "Taylor Swift – The most-liked accounts on Facebook". The Telegraph. March 16, 2015.
- Srivastava, Sankalp (November 10, 2015). "Cristiano Ronaldo now holds Guinness World Record for 'Most Liked person on Facebook'". Sportskeeda.
- Giuliano, Karissa (June 12, 2015). "The 10 most popular celebrities on Facebook". CNBC.
- Boren, Cindy (March 16, 2015). "Sorry, Shakira, Cristiano Ronaldo is the most liked person on Facebook". The Washington Post.
- DeMers, Jayson (October 20, 2014). "Quality Over Quantity: The Overblown Importance Of Likes And Followers". Forbes. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- "The 30 Most Influential People on the Internet". Time. March 5, 2015. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Edwards, Jim (February 11, 2014). "Facebook Advertisers Complain of a Wave of Fake Likes Rendering Their Pages Useless". Business Insider. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- "Statement of Rights and Responsibilities". Facebook. January 30, 2015. Retrieved May 30, 2017.[non-primary source needed]
- Edwards, Jim (March 5, 2013). "Facebook Targets 76 Million Fake Users in War on Bogus Accounts". Business Insider. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- "Facebook wages war on dummy accounts in an effort to curb fake news". The Next Web. April 14, 2017. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Parsons, James (May 22, 2015). "Facebook's War Continues Against Fake Profiles and Bots". HuffPost. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Protalinski, Emil (September 5, 2011). "Symantec finds 16.5% of Facebook videos are likejacking attacks". ZDNet. Retrieved May 30, 2017.