List of museums in East Texas
This article was split from List of museums in Texas.
The list of museums in Texas encompasses museums defined for this context as institutions (including nonprofit organizations, government entities, and private businesses) that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Museums that exist only in cyberspace (i.e., virtual museums) are not included. Also included are non-profit art galleries and exhibit spaces.
East Texas is a region in the U.S. state of Texas, that borders the entire Louisiana state line on the east, Arkansas on the northeast near Texarkana, and Oklahoma on the north. It includes all or parts of 49 counties and contains the regions known as the Texas Piney Woods, and Deep East Texas.
Counties included are Anderson, Angelina, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Delta, Franklin, Gregg, Hardin, Harrison, Henderson, Hopkins, Houston, Jasper, Jefferson, Lamar, Marion, Morris, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Panola, Polk, Rains, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Smith, Titus, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood County, Texas.
|East Texas museums|
|A.C. McMillan African American Museum||Emory||Rains||African America||Area and national African American history, contributions and culture, include the Buffalo Soldiers, Negro Leagues, Rosenwald schools, Jim Crow era, slavery|
|Alamo Mission Museum||Mount Vernon||Franklin||Local history||Texas history, features a replica of the Alamo Mission|
|Allan Shivers Library and Museum||Woodville||Tyler||Biographical||Mementos of Governor Allan Shivers|
|American Freedom Museum||Bullard||Cherokee||Military|||
|Art Museum of Southeast Texas||Beaumont||Jefferson||Art||Emphasis on American and contemporary folk art and craft|
|Atlanta Historical Museum||Atlanta||Cass||Local history||Exhibits include railroads, commerce, cotton, military, transportation|
|Babe Didrikson Zaharias Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Biographical||Website, Dedicated to famous female athlete, Babe Didrikson Zaharias. Included is a collection of the Babe's trophies and other artifacts.|
|Batson Oil Patch Museum||Kountze||Hardin||Industry||Open by appointment, oil drilling photos, models, equipment|
|Beaumont Art League||Beaumont||Jefferson||Art||Art exhibits in the Brown Gallery and Scurlock Gallery|
|Beaumont Children's Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Children's||Website New, temporary location opening summer, 2015 in the Beaumont Civic Center|
|Beaumont Police Department Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Law enforcement||Open by appointment|
|Bertha Terry Cornwell Museum of Sour Lake History||Sour Lake||Hardin||Local history|||
|Blackwell House Museum||Canton||Van Zandt||Historic house||Open by appointment, restored late 19th-century house|
|Brookshire's World of Wildlife Museum and Country Store||Tyler||Smith||Natural history||Operated by Brookshire Grocery Company, features wildlife dioramas and period country store displays|
|The Brown Estate||Orange||Orange||Historic house||A 20,000 sq ft home built in the style of the Linden Mansion in Natchez, MS surrounded by grounds totaling 88 acres . Open for tours on request. The estate is currently owned by Lamar State College–Orange|
|Caddo Mounds State Historic Site||Alto||Cherokee||Archaeology||397-acre site, archaeological site used by peoples of the Caddoan Mississippian culture, museum of findings and culture|
|Calaboose Museum||Kirbyville||Jasper||Local history||Located in a historic jail|
|Camp Ford||Tyler||Smith||Military||Site of the largest Confederate prisoner camp west of the Mississippi River, official archeological site, historical reconstruction of the Lt. Col J.B. Leake cabin, operated by the Smith County Historical Society|
|Carnegie History Center||Tyler||Smith||Local history||Operated by the Smith County Historical Society|
|Center for Earth & Space Science Education||Tyler||Smith||Science||Part of Tyler Junior College, planetarium, exhibits about space|
|Chambers House||Beaumont||Jefferson||Historic house||Website Operated by the Beaumont Heritage Society, restored for the period 1920 – 1945|
|Clifton Steamboat Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Multiple||Website Limited hours: Open Mondays from 8:30am to 11:30am or on appointment. Various displays covering the Steamboat era, Military including wars fought in Southeast Texas and Louisiana, Art, and Boy Scouts|
|Colmesneil House||Colmesneil||Tyler||Local history|||
|Cotton Belt Depot Train Museum||Tyler||Smith||Railroad||Built in 1905, Bragg Model Train Collection on permanent display |
|Depot Museum||Henderson||Rusk||Open air||Includes East Texas history, folk crafts and 12 historic buildings on five acres|
|Dewberry Plantation||Tyler||Smith||Historic house||1854 plantation home|
|Dishman Art Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Art||Part of Lamar University, includes contemporary art exhibits, 19th-century paintings and porcelains and objets d'art|
|Discovery Place Children's Museum||Texarkana||Bowie||Children's|||
|Discovery Science Place||Tyler||Smith||Science||Hands-on science exhibits|
|Draughon-Moore House||Texarkana||Bowie||Historic house||1885 Italianate Victorian home in a club shape with Edwardian furnishings, NRHP Bowie County, known locally as the Ace of Clubs House|
|Durst-Taylor House||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Historic house||Mid-19th-century period house|
|Dutch Windmill Museum||Nederland||Jefferson||Local history||Replica of a Dutch windmill with local history and Dutch heritage displays and Tex Ritter artifacts|
|East Texas African American Museum||Hawkins||Wood||African American History||Opened in 2017, part of Jarvis Christian College in the Olin Learning and Resource Center|
|East Texas Arboretum||Athens||Henderson||Local history||Arboretum with over 2 miles of trails, Wofford House Museum, a pioneer period house|
|East Texas Oil Museum||Kilgore||Gregg||Industry||Includes re-creation of oil discovery and production in the early 1930s, period boomtown displays, part of Kilgore College|
|East Texas Regional Art Center||Jasper||Jasper||Art||Operated by the East Texas Art League|
|Eddie Connor Case Museum||Daingerfield||Morris||Local history|||
|Edison Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Biographical||Artifacts and interactive exhibits about Thomas Edison and his inventions|
|Enloe Museum||Enloe||Delta||Local history||Also known as the Clara Foster Slough Museum, displays include area fossils|
|Epperson-McNutt House||Jefferson||Marion||Historic house||aka House of the Seasons, listed on NRHP in Marion County, 1870s period Greek Revival house|
|Ezekiel Cullen House||San Augustine||San Augustine||Historic house||Mid 19th-century house, operated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas|
|Fire Museum of Texas||Beaumont||Jefferson||Firefighting||Includes interactive fire safety exhibits and a collection of antique fire equipment|
|Fire Station Museum||Mount Vernon||Franklin||Local history||Includes local, cultural and natural history artifacts|
|First Presbyterian Church||Orange||Orange||Architectural Style||Built in classic Greek Revival style, it has the only opalescent dome in the United States It was the public building west of the Mississippi River to have air-conditioning. Open for tours by appointment from September to May.|
|TFlight of the Phoenix Aviation Museum||Gilmer||Upshur||Aviation||Aircraft and equipment of the armed forces, dedicated to honoring veterans, nurturing patriotism, preserving heritage|
|Gaston Museum||Joinerville||Rusk||Local history||Life in the East Texas Oil Field from the 1930s through 1960s|
|Gladewater Museum||Gladewater||Gregg||Local history||The museum displays tell the story of Gladewater and the surrounding areas from the early settlement days through the 1930s and beyond.|
|Goodman-LeGrand House||Tyler||Smith||Historic house||19th-century house with original family furnishings including antique furniture and musical instruments, fine silver and crystal, Limoges china, original clothing|
|Gregg County Historical Museum||Longview||Gregg||Local history||Located in the Everett Building|
|Harrison County Historical Museum||Marshall||Harrison||Local history||Located in the old courthouse, county history and culture|
|Henderson County Historical Museum||Athens||Henderson||Local history|||
|Heritage Center of Cherokee County||Rusk||Cherokee||Local history|||
|Heritage House Museum of Orange County||Orange||Orange||Historic house||Early 20th-century period upper middle class house|
|Heritage Park Museum of East Texas||Edgewood||Van Zandt||Open air||Includes 20 authentically restored and furnished structures representing rural life in East Texas from the 1800s to the 1920s|
|Heritage Village||Woodville||Tyler||Open air||Buildings reflect pioneer life from the 19th century to the early 20th century|
|Historic Aviation Memorial Museum||Tyler||Smith||Aviation||20th-century aviation memorabilia and aircraft|
|Historic Upshur Museum||Gilmer||Upshur||Local history||Area prehistory, settlers, agriculture, Civil War|
|The History Center||Diboll||Angelina||Local history||Photographs, archives, oral history|
|Hopkins County Museum and Heritage Park||Sulphur Springs||Hopkins||Open air||Includes local history museum and park with over 11 relocated historic houses, shops and mills|
|Houston County Museum||Crockett||Houston||Local history||Located in the 1909 railroad depot|
|Howard Dickinson House||Henderson||Rusk||Historic house|||
|Howard House Museum||Palestine||Anderson||Historic house||19th-century period house, open for events and by appointment|
|Ice House Museum||Silsbee||Hardin||Art||Includes two galleries|
|Jasper County Historical Museum||Jasper||Jasper||Local history|||
|Jefferson Historical Museum||Jefferson||Marion||Local history||Exhibits include period furniture and decorative arts, Civil War artifacts, weapons, country store items, farm tools, pioneer doctor's instruments, art|
|Jim Hogg Memorial Park||Rusk||Cherokee||Biographical||City park with replica birthplace house and museum of Governor James Stephen Hogg|
|John Jay French House||Beaumont||Jefferson||Historic house||Website, operated by the Beaumont Heritage Society, includes 1845 period house, blacksmith shop, tannery, privy and smokehouse|
|Johnson's Rock Shop and Museum||Livingston||Polk||Geology||Shop and museum with rocks, crystals and fossils|
|Kirby-Hill House||Kountze||Hardin||Historic house||Open for events and by appointment, early 20th-century house|
|La Maison Acadienne||Nederland||Jefferson||Local history||Replica of early Acadian homes in South Louisiana, with local French heritage displays|
|La Maison Beausoleil||Port Neches||Jefferson||Historic house||1810 Cajun architectural style home|
|Lafayette Street Vintage Vehicles Car Museum||Jefferson||Marion||Automobile||Vintage and antique cars from the 1920s through the 1950s|
|Lamar County Historical Museum||Paris||Lamar||Local history||Operated by the Lamar County Historical Society|
|Lennox House||Clarksville||Red River||Historic house||Operated by the Red River County Historical Society|
|Literary Museum||Gilmer||Upshur||Literary||Memorabilia pertaining to American Presidents, British royalty, American and British authors and characters|
|London Museum||New London||Rusk||Local history||History and artifacts of the New London School explosion|
|Longview Museum of Fine Arts||Longview||Gregg||Art||Focus is contemporary regional art|
|Majors-Parchman Farmstead||Mount Vernon||Franklin||Historic house||1883 Victorian farmhouse with original outbuildings, a small barn, smokehouse, chicken coop, also called the Parchman House Living Center|
|Marshall Visual Art Center||Marshall||Harrison||Art||Municipal visual art center|
|McFaddin-Ward House||Beaumont||Jefferson||Historic house||Beaux-Arts mansion with over 75 years of furnishings|
|Michelson Museum of Art||Marshall||Harrison||Art||Work of Russian-American artist Leo Michelson, also early 20th-century American art, African masks and Chinese opera puppets|
|Millard's Crossing Historic Village||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Open air||19th and early 20th-century village on 37 acres|
|Mineola Historical Museum||Mineola||Wood||Local history||Located in a historic former post office|
|Mineola Railroad Museum||Mineola||Wood||Railroad||Located in the restored Texas & Pacific railroad station|
|Mission Dolores State Historic Site||San Augustine||San Augustine||Religious||Visitor center, museum and campground with artifacts from the Mission Nuestra Senora de los Dolores de los Ais, one of the Spanish missions in Texas|
|Monroe-Crook House||Crockett||Houston||Historic house|||
|Mount Vernon Railroad Depot||Mount Vernon||Franklin||Multiple||Museum includes working telegraph and railroad exhibits, model train exhibit, 1902 Studebaker covered wagon; property includes 1880-built log cabin, a syrup press and mill and a blacksmith shop|
|Monte Verdi Plantation||Cushing||Rusk||Historic house||19th-century plantation|
|Museum for East Texas Culture||Palestine||Anderson||Local history||Exhibits include settlers and early area history, African American history, firefighting, railroads, historic schoolroom|
|Museum of East Texas||Lufkin||Angelina||Multiple||Local history and art|
|Museum of Measurement and Time||Jefferson||Marion||Horology||Displays clocks, land surveying and measuring devices|
|Museum of Regional History||Texarkana||Bowie||Local history||Exhibits include pre-history, Spanish and French explorers, agriculture, early industry, civil rights, World War II and local music figures|
|Museum of the Gulf Coast||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Multiple||Heritage of the Gulf Coast including history, natural history, fine and decorative art and popular culture|
|Nacogdoches Fire Department Museum||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Firefighting||Open by appointment|
|Nacogdoches Railroad Depot Museum||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Railroad|||
|Naranjo Museum of Natural History||Lufkin||Angelina||Natural history||Dinosaurs and fossils, artifacts of ancient cultures|
|Newton County Historical Center and Museum||Newton||Newton||Local history|||
|Northeast Texas Rural Heritage Center and Museum||Pittsburg||Camp||Multiple||Two sites with one admission, the Farmstead, a turn-of-the-20th-century farmhouse and farm, and the Cotton Belt Depot with local railroad, cultural, agricultural history and transportation exhibits |
|Old Jail Arts and Cultural Center||Mount Vernon||Franklin||Art||Operated by the Franklin County Arts Alliance|
|Old Jail Library||Carthage||Panola||Multiple||Historic county jail, includes the Old Jail Museum on the 2nd floor, and the Soape Family Museum with displays of local history|
|Old Mill Pond Museum||Lindale||Smith||History||Also called Parrot Park Agricultural and Heritage Museum, includes historic farm tools and equipment, a pharmacy display, household items, several historic buildings|
|Old Stone Fort Museum||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Local history||Part of Stephen F. Austin State University, located in a replica late 18th-century building that was a trading post, private home, church, jail and saloon|
|Old University Building||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Education||Operated by the Nacogdoches Federation of Women's Clubs, exhibits on l9th-century education, Confederate Hospital, and community events held in the building|
|Orangefield Cormier Museum||Orange||Orange||Local history||Representations of 1920s small town life, including a jail, bank, saloon, boarding house, post office, dentist office, school, general store and a soda fountain|
|Panola County Heritage Museum||Carthage||Panola||Local history||Located in the Texas Tea Room|
|Patricia Huffman Smith NASA “Remembering Columbia” Museum||Hemphill||Sabine||Science||History of the Space Shuttle program|
|Patterson Museum||Cooper||Delta||Local history|||
|Pauline Hines Heritage Museum||Burkeville||Newton||Local history|
|Plaza Museum||Canton||Van Zandt||Local history||Includes a collection of bells and Native American artifacts|
|Polk County Memorial Museum||Livingston||Polk||Local history||Exhibits include prehistory, Native Americans, pioneers, industry, agriculture, businesses, culture|
|Pompeiian Villa||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Historic house||Operated by the Museum of the Gulf Coast, early 20th-century house reminiscent of villas in ancient Pompeii, furnished with 19th-century furniture, chandeliers, and fine art|
|Powell Hotel Museum||Newton||Newton||Local history||Includes history of building as the W.H.Ford Male and Female College and later the Powell Hotel|
|R. D. Moses Texas & Pacific Model Railroad||Jefferson||Marion||Railroad||Located in the depot building behind the Jefferson Museum, 1950s period HO model train layout of the Texas & Pacific Railroad in West Texas|
|R. G. LeTourneau Memorial Museum||Longview||Gregg||Industry||Located on the campus of LeTourneau University, displays and archives of R. G. LeTourneau and his work developing earthmoving equipment|
|Rangerette Showcase and Museum||Kilgore||Gregg||Sports||Part of Kilgore College, memorabilia of the Kilgore College Rangerettes|
|Red River County Old Jail Museum||Clarksville||Red River||Local history||Planned museum by the Red River County Historical Society|
|Regional Arts Center||Texarkana||Bowie||Art||Operated by the Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council in the former county courthouse|
|Rose Hill Manor||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Historic house||Listed on the National Register of Historical Places (#79002986) Early 20th-century (1906) colonial style mansion owned by the city of Port Arthur. Former home of Port Arthur mayor, Rome H. Woodworth. Tours on request.|
|Sabine County Jail Museum and Vergie Speights Memorial Library||Hemphill||Sabine||Local history||Operated by the Sabine County Historical Society, includes exhibits of Sabine County history, tours of jail cell and gallows |
|Salt Palace||Grand Saline||Van Zandt||Historic house||House made from solid salt rocks donated by Morton Salt, exhibits include local salt industry and local history|
|Sam Bell Maxey House State Historic Site||Paris||Lamar||Historic house||19th-century Victorian home of Senator Samuel B. Maxey|
|Samuel Walker Houston Museum and Cultural Center||Tyler||Smith||African American||Area life for African American after the Civil War, including Samuel Walker Houston|
|San Jacinto County Jail Museum||Coldspring||San Jacinto||Local history||Operated by the San Jacinto County Heritage Society, tours of the historic jail and exhibits of local history|
|Scarlett O'Hardy's Gone With the Wind Museum||Jefferson||Marion||Media||Artifacts and memorabilia about the Gone With the Wind novel and film |
|Shelby County Historical Society Museum||Center||Shelby||Local history|||
|Singleton’s Virginia Cross||Jefferson||Marion||Historic house||Mid 19th-century Greek Revival home|
|Southwest Dairy Museum||Sulphur Springs||Hopkins||Agriculture||Dairy farming and dairy products|
|Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Industry||Part of Lamar University, restored oil boomtown village that show the effects of the Spindletop oil well on the local community|
|Stark Museum of Art||Orange||Orange||Art||Focus on American Western and Native American art and artifacts|
|Stark House, W.H.W.H. Stark House||Orange||Orange||Historic house||1920s period house, NRHP|
|Starr Family Home State Historic Site||Marshall||Harrison||Historic house||Late 19th-century house and historic buildings, reflects 150 years and four generations of one of the most influential political families in the periods of the Republic of Texas and early statehood|
|Stephen F. Austin State University Galleries||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Art||Griffin Gallery in the Griffiths Fine Arts Building, Ledbetter Gallery and Reavley Gallery in the Cole Art Center, School of Art Gallery in the Lower Art Building|
|Sterne-Hoya House Museum and Library||Nacogdoches||Nacogdoches||Historic house||Mid 19th-century house associated with Davy Crockett and Sam Houston|
|T. C. Lindsey and Co. General Store||Jonesville||Harrison||History||Old-fashioned general store and part museum with antiques, rare automobiles, jukeboxes and other memorabilia|
|Texas and Pacific Railway Museum||Marshall||Harrison||Railroad||Includes a steam locomotive, exhibits on early passenger trains, the large-scale manufacturing functions at the shops, a model train and pull whistle|
|Texas Artist Museum||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Art||Non-profit art gallery for area artists|
|Texas Country Music Hall of Fame||Carthage||Panola||Music||Texas country music singers, songwriters, disc jockeys, and others including Tex Ritter|
|Texas Energy Museum||Beaumont||Jefferson||Industry||Texas oil industry and oil discovery science|
|Texas Forestry Museum||Lufkin||Angelina||Multiple||Area logging industry, the CCC, the United States Forest Service and forests|
|Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center||Athens||Henderson||Natural history||Fish hatchery, aquaria, exhibits, Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame museum|
|Trinity County Museum||Groveton||Trinity||Local history|||
|Tyler Museum of Art||Tyler||Smith||Art||Collection includes works by Terry Allen, David Bates, Vernon Fisher, Melissa Miller, James Surls, other contemporary Texas artists, Mexican folk art|
|Tyler Rose Museum||Tyler||Smith||Entertainment||History and memorabilia of the Texas Rose Festival|
|Van Area Oil & Historical Museum||Van||Van Zandt||Local history||Exhibits include truck farming, cotton farming, oil boom history|
|Van Zandt County Veterans Memorial Museum and Visitors Center||Canton||Van Zandt||Military||Memorial park with aircraft, museum and visitor's center|
|Vanishing Texana Museum||Jacksonville||Cherokee||Historical||Located at 300 S. Bolton, the museum houses local artifacts from pre-historic thru 1980s. Free admission Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays from 11-4. Private tours and catered events available.|
|Whitaker-McClendon House||Tyler||Smith||Historic house||Eastlake Bracketed Victorian period estate, also known as the Bonner-Whitaker-McClendon House, NRHP Smith County, living history tours|
|White Haven||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Historic house||Early 20th-century (1905) Originally built as a New England colonial style home, but later changed to Southern Greek Revival. Located on the shores of Lake Sabine owned by the Daughters of the American Revolution and maintained by Lamar State College–Port Arthur. The home has several collections. Free tours are available on request.|
|Williams House Museum||De Kalb||Bowie||Local history|||
|Wills Point Depot Museum||Wills Point||Van Zandt||Local history||Open by appointment, artifacts from area businesses, institutions, households, agricultural and railroad industries|
|Vuylsteke Dutch Home||Port Arthur||Jefferson||Historic house||Early 20th-century (1905) Dutch colonial home owned by Lamar State College–Port Arthur. The first Dutch consul in Port Arthur. Tours on request.|
- Light Crust Doughboys Hall of Fame and Museum, Quitman, all things related to the Light Crust Doughboys, opened 2005, closed 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museums in Texas.|
- List of museums in Texas
- List of museums in Central Texas
- List of museums in the Texas Gulf Coast
- List of museums in North Texas
- List of museums in the Texas Panhandle
- List of museums in South Texas
- List of museums in West Texas
- Johnson, E.H. "East Texas". Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association.
- "The Regions of Texas". Texas Counties. net. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Facebook site". A.C. McMillan African American Museum. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "Official site". Alamo Mission Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". American Freedom Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Atlanta Historical Museum". City of Atlanta. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Batson Oil Patch Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Beaumont Children's Museum". Beaumont Children's Museum. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Beaumont Police Department Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Beaumont Police Department Museum". Rediscovering Southeast Texas. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Facebook site". Bertha Terry Cornwell Museum of Sour Lake History. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Blackwell House Museum". City of Canton. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Brookshire's World of Wildlife Museum and Country Store". Brookshire's Food & Pharmacy. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "The Brown Estate". Lamar State College-Orange. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Calaboose Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Center for Earth & Space Science Education". Tyler Junior College. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Chambers House. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Clifton Steamboat Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Colmesneil House". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Official site". Cotton Belt Depot Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Depot Museum. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Dewberry Plantation. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Texarkana Museums System. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Durst-Taylor Historic House and Gardens". City of Nacogdoches. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Dutch Windmill Museum". Nederland Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Jarvis Christian College opening African-American Museum February 8". Northern Dallas Gazette. 2017-01-15. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "Official site". East Texas Oil Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". East Texas Art League. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- Ben Valencia (September 25, 2014). "A Museum for the People". Daingerfield Bee. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Official site". Enloe Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Epperson-McNutt House. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Ezekiel Cullen House, San Augustine". Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Historic Sites". Virtual Franklin County. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Fire Station Museum". Visit Texas. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Places to Visit in Franklin County". Franklin County Historical Association. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Official site". Flight of the Phoenix Aviation Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Gaston Museum. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Gladewater Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Gregg County Historical Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Henderson County Historical Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Facebook site". Heritage Center of Cherokee County. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Heritage House Museum. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Official site". Heritage Park Museum of East Texas. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Heritage Village. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Historic Aviation Memorial Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Historic Upshur Museum. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Official site". The History Center. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Houston County Visitors Center\Museum Inc". Museums USA. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Houston County Visitors Center Museum". Travel Texas. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Howard-Dickinson House. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Ice House Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Jasper County Historical Museum. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Official site". Jefferson Historical Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Points of Interest". City of Rusk. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Jim Hogg Historic Site". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Johnson's Rock Shop and Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Kirby-Hill House. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "La Maison Acadienne". Nederland Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "La Maison Beausolei". City of Port Neches. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Lafayette Street Vintage Vehicles Car Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Lamar County Historical Society. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Lennox House". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Red River County Historical Society". Red River County Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Literary Museum". Museums USA. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". New London School Explosion. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Longview Museum of Fine Arts. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Visual Art Center". City of Marshall. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Mineola Historical Museum. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Mineola Depot and Railroad Museum". Trip Advisor. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Monroe-Crook House". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Official site". Monte Verdi Plantation. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Museum of East Texas. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Museum of Measurement and Time. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Fire Museum". City of Nacogdoches. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Nacogdoches Railroad Depot". City of Nacogdoches. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "Official site". Naranjo Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Newton County History Center. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Official site". Northeast Texas Rural Heritage Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Official site". Franklin County Arts Alliance. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Old Jail Museum". Texas Forest Trail. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Old Mill Pond Museum". City of Lindale. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Parrot Park Agricultural and Heritage Museum". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Old University Building. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Facebook site". Orangefield Cormier Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Texas Tea Room & Heritage Museum". Carthage, Texas. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Patricia Huffman Smith NASA “Remembering Columbia” Museum. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Patterson Museum". Ben Franklin Church. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Canton Plaza Museum". Canton, Texas. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Official site". Polk County Memorial Museum. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Pompeiian Villa". Museum of the Gulf Coast. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "R. D. Moses Texas & Pacific Model Railroad". Jefferson Museum. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "R.G. LeTourneau Museum and Archives". LeTourneau University. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Rangerette Showcase and Museum". Kilgore College. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Regional Arts Center". Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "The Texat Forest Trail Region" (PDF). State of Texas. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Historic Jail Museum". City of Hemphill. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Historic Sabine County Jail". Toledo-Bend.Com. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Salt Palace". Roadside America. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Salt Palace". Road Trippers. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Samuel Walker Houston Museum and Cultural Center". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Old Jail Museum". San Jacinto County Heritage Society. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Official site". Scarlett O'Hardy's Gone With the Wind Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Shelby County Museum; Shelby County Historical Society". Museums USA. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Singleton’s Virginia Cross. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Galleries". Stephen F. Austin University School of Art. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "T. C. Lindsey and Co. General Store". Texas Forest Trail Region. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Official site". Texas Artist Museum. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Official site". Texas Energy Museum. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Official site". Texas Forestry Museum. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center". Texas Parks & Wildlife. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Trinity County Museum". Trinity County Historical Commission. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Facebook site". Trinity County Museum. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Rose Garden Center". City of Tyler. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Van Area Oil & Historical Museum". Van Zandt County Genealogical Society. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Official site". Van Zandt County Veterans Memorial. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Vanishing Texana Museum". Jacksonville Public Library. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "White Haven". Beaumont Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Facebook site". The Williams House Museum. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Wills Point Depot Museum". INEGALERI. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- Ine Burke (June 26, 2013). "Wills Point Depot Museum Houses Town's History". The Daily Line. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Vuylsteke Dutch Home". Beaumont Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Jasinski, Laurie E (2012). Handbook of Texas Music. Texas State Historical Association. p. 362. ISBN 978-0876112526.