List of museums in Minnesota
This list of museums in Minnesota encompasses museums which are defined for this context as institutions (including nonprofit organizations, government entities, and private businesses) that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Non-profit and university art galleries are also included.
Private museums which are not regularly open to the public and virtual museums which exist only online are not included.
|3M Museum||Two Harbors
||Lake||Arrowhead||Industry||Honors the early days of the 3M corporation in the office building in which it was founded in 1902. Operated by 3M and the Lake County Historical Society.|
|Afton Historical Museum||Afton
||Washington||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Period displays, artifacts, and photographs of local history and agriculture, plus a research library. Operated by the Afton Historical Society in an 1868 church building.|
|Aitkin County Historical Society Depot Museum||Aitkin
||Aitkin||Iron Range||Local history||Rotating displays of Aitkin County heritage, including Mississippi riverboats and Native American culture. Housed in a 1916 train station.|
|Aitkin County Historical Society Log Museum||Aitkin
||Aitkin||Iron Range||Local history||Period displays of Aitkin County's pioneer days, plus early industrial and agricultural artifacts.|
|Akeley Paul Bunyan Historical Museum||Akeley
||Hubbard||Central Minnesota||Local history||Artifacts and photographs from Akeley's early days as home to the largest sawmill in Minnesota.|
|Alexander Faribault House||Faribault
||Rice||Southeast Minnesota||Historic house||1853 house of fur trader and town founder Alexander Faribault, with artifacts from the Faribault family and contemporaneous settlers. Operated by the Rice County Historical Society.|
|Alexander Ramsey House||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1868 mansion of early Minnesota governor and founding figure Alexander Ramsey. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|Amador Heritage Center||Almelund
||Chisago||East Central Minnesota||Local history, open-air||Local memorabilia and replica structures housed in a 1910 school, with an adjacent collection of historic buildings.|
|American Museum of Asmat Art||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Gallery on the art and culture of the Asmat people of southwestern Papua, Indonesia. Housed at the University of St. Thomas.|
|American Swedish Institute||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Ethnic||Art and cultural center dedicated to Swedish and Swedish American heritage, housed in a 1908 mansion.|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1861 house with period furnishings charting its ownership by three families. Operated by the Rockford Area Historical Society.|
|Andrew John Volstead House||Granite Falls
||Yellow Medicine||Minnesota River Valley||Historic house||Home of U.S. Congressman Andrew Volstead from 1894 to 1930. Operated by the Granite Falls Historical Society.|
|Anoka County History Center||Anoka
||Anoka||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Exhibits on Anoka County's history and people. Operated by the Anoka County Historical Society in a 1965 library.|
|Ard Godfrey House||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||Oldest surviving frame house in Minneapolis, built in 1849. Operated by the Woman's Club of Minneapolis.|
|Arv Hus Museum||Milan
||Chippewa||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Vintage photographs and objects, plus contemporary sawdust artwork.|
|Atwater Area Historical Society and Museum||Atwater
||Kandiyohi||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Vintage photographs and objects, plus a collection of military uniforms.|
|Augsburg Art Galleries||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Gage Family Art Gallery, Christensen Center Art Gallery, and Student Art Gallery at Augsburg College displaying work by contemporary artists as well as students, alumni, and faculty.|
|August Schell Museum of Brewing||New Ulm
||Brown||Minnesota River Valley||Food||History of Minnesota's oldest brewery, family-owned since 1860.|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Science||World's only museum and research library devoted to the medical uses of electricity and magnetism, established by pioneering biomedical engineer Earl Bakken. Housed in a 1928 mansion.|
|Bartholomew House Museum||Richfield
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1852 house of early settler Riley Bartholomew. Operated by the Richfield Historical Society adjacent to the Richfield History Center.|
|Baseball Hall of Fame Museum of Minnesota||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Sports||Currently closed. Baseball memorabilia collected by Ray Crump, a Minnesota Twins equipment manager; located in a baseball souvenir shop near the Twins' stadium.|
|Becker County Museum||Detroit Lakes
||Becker||Central Minnesota||Local history||Museum and research library of Becker County history, operated by the Becker County Historical Society.|
|Bell Museum of Natural History||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Natural history||The state's official natural history museum, established in 1872 for research and display of the state's plants and animals. Operated by the University of Minnesota, the museum is home to world renowned wildlife dioramas, the first discovery room in North America, and a mini planetarium. A new museum + planetarium is under construction on the U of M St. Paul Campus, opening in 2018.|
|Beltrami County History Center||Bemidji
||Beltrami||Northern Minnesota||Local history||Exhibits and archives of Beltrami County history. Operated by the Beltrami County Historical Society in a 1912 train station.|
|Benton County Historical Society and Museum||Sauk Rapids
||Benton||Central Minnesota||Local history||Exhibits and archives of Benton County history.|
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and memorabilia housed in a 1904 bank.|
||Blue Earth||Minnesota River Valley||Biographical||Facing childhood homes of Maude Hart Lovelace and her best friend, fictionalized by the author in her Betsy-Tacy series. Operated by the Betsy-Tacy Society.|
|Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History||Montgomery
||Le Sueur||Minnesota River Valley||Amusement||Humorous museum of oversized items credited to a made-up local folk hero.|
|Big Stone County Museum||Ortonville
||Big Stone||Western Minnesota||Local history||Displays of Big Stone County history, including historical buildings and an international gallery of 500 waterfowl specimens.|
|Blue Earth County History Center and Museum||Mankato
||Blue Earth||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Exhibits on Blue Earth history, including Dakota heritage, Mankato's classic Front Street, and author Maud Hart Lovelace, operated by the Blue Earth County Historical Society.|
|Bois Forte Heritage Museum||Tower
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Native American||Heritage of the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa, including outdoor displays of a birchbark wigwam and a tipi.|
|Borgstrom House Museum||Upsala
||Morrison||Central Minnesota||Local history||Memorabilia of a Swedish American community—including a 1928 REO Speed Wagon firetruck—displayed in a 1913 house. Operated by the Upsala Area Historical Society.|
|Brown County Museum||New Ulm
||Brown||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Exhibits on Brown County history, including local Century Farms, artist Wanda Gág, and the Dakota War of 1862. Operated by the Brown County Historical Society in an ornate 1910 post office.|
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||1850s Carpenter Gothic house of an early settler, interpreting pioneer life; operated by the Winona County Historical Society.|
|Cahill School and Minnehaha Grange Hall||Edina
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Open-air||1864 schoolhouse and 1879 Grange hall used as activity space by the Edina Historical Society.|
|Cannon Falls Historical Museum||Cannon Falls
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and research material, operated by the Cannon Falls Area Historical Society in an 1888 fire station|
|Carlton County History and Heritage Center||Cloquet
||Carlton||Iron Range||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits on Carlton County history. Operated by the Carlton County Historical Society in a 1920 library.|
|Carver County Historical Society Museum||Waconia
||Carver||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Contains five galleries on Carver County history, a gallery on local veterans, and a research library.|
|Cass County Museum||Walker
||Cass||Central Minnesota||Local history||Displays on Cass County history, including the fur trade, lumbering, transportation, and early pioneers, plus a large collection of Ojibwe artifacts and a 1912 schoolhouse; operated by the Cass County Historical Society.|
|Cass Lake Museum and Lyle's Logging Camp||Cass Lake
||Cass||Central Minnesota||Industry, local history||Reconstructed early-20th-century logging camp and adjacent museum housed in a former train station.|
|Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site||Little Falls
||Morrison||Central Minnesota||Biographical||Boyhood home of aviator Charles Lindbergh, with exhibits in an adjacent visitor center; operated by the Minnesota Historical Society within Charles A. Lindbergh State Park.|
|Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum||Little Falls
||Morrison||Central Minnesota||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits on Morrison County history, including Native American artifacts, local business and industry, and personal and household items; operated by the Morrison County Historical Society.|
|Charles H. Burwell House||Minnetonka
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1883 Victorian house of a prominent mill manager; operated by the Minnetonka Historical Society.|
|Chaska History Center||Chaska
||Carver||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Exhibits and research collections on town history. Operated by the Chaska Historical Society in an 1890 livery stable.|
|Children's Discovery Museum||Grand Rapids
||Itasca||Iron Range||Children's||Contains interactive educational exhibits and a large display of dolls. Adjacent to the Judy Garland Museum.|
|Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota||Mankato
||Blue Earth||Minnesota River Valley||Children's||Contains interactive exhibits|
|Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center||Grand Marais
||Cook||Arrowhead||Local history||Interprets the natural and cultural history of the Gunflint Trail area. Operated by the Gunflint Trail Historical Society and Superior National Forest in a 1930s resort lodge.|
|Christie House Museum||Long Prairie
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Historic house||1901 Queen Anne house of an influential local family, with original furnishings and memorabilia.|
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Local history||Museum of town's early history.|
|Clearwater County History Center||Shevlin
||Clearwater||Northern Minnesota||Local history||Rotating exhibits and research collections on Clearwater County history; operated by the Clearwater County Historical Society in a 1911 school with additional historical buildings on the grounds.|
||Big Stone||Western Minnesota||Local history||Local memorabilia including war mementos, agricultural equipment, and railroad artifacts housed in an 1885 train station.|
|Cokato Museum & Gust Akerlund Studio||Cokato
||Wright||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Local history museum and the Upper Midwest's only surviving early-20th-century photography studio, with much of its original equipment.|
|Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing||South St. Paul
||Dakota||Minneapolis-St Paul||Military||Visitors have the opportunity to get close to a rare collection of military aircraft, view museum display cases, and see WWII motor pool vehicles. You may be able to witness museum aircraft fly depending on the day. Living History Flight Experiences can be purchased in the gift shop for a once in a lifetime opportunity to actually fly in one of the museum's rare airplanes.|
||Clay||Red River Valley||Historic house||1883 Victorian house of an influential family, including politician and businessman Solomon Comstock and his daughter, pioneering female educator Ada Comstock. Operated by the city of Moorhead and the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|Cook County Historical Museum||Grand Marais
||Cook||Arrowhead||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits on Cook County history, operated by the Cook County Historical Society in the Grand Marais Light keeper's house.|
|Cottonwood County Historical Museum||Windom
||Cottonwood||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||Displays on Cottonwood County history from precontact Native Americans to the early 20th century, plus an art gallery and research library; operated by the Cottonwood County Historical Society.|
|Croft Mine Historical Park||Crosby
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Mining||Interprets an underground iron mine on the Cuyuna Range active 1916–1934, with original equipment and structures, vintage photographs, and guided tours of a simulated mine.|
|Cross River Heritage Center||Schroeder
||Cook||Arrowhead||Local history||Exhibits and period rooms relating to settlement around the Cross River, plus a research archive. Operated by the Schroeder Area Historical Society in a 1929 Tudor Revival inn.|
|Crosslake Area Historical Society Museum||Crosslake
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Open-air||Collection of historical and replica log buildings, including several homesteader cabins, a saloon, a tourist cabin, and a 1923 town hall with local artifacts displayed inside.|
|Crow Wing County Historical Society Museum||Brainerd
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Local history||Exhibits of Crow Wing County history, including logging, railroads, mining, and early home life, housed in a 1917 sheriff's residence/county jail.|
|Cycling Museum of Minnesota||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Transportation||Museum on the history, impact, and future promise of cycling. Website|
|Dakota City Heritage Village||Farmington
||Dakota||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Open-air||22 historical and replica buildings depicting a typical Dakota County village of the year 1900, plus a museum of agriculture and pioneer life; operated by a non-profit organization on the Dakota County Fairgrounds.|
|Dassel History Center & Ergot Museum||Dassel
||Meeker||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits on local contributions to agriculture and medicine—including the transformation of ergot from plague to drug—and farmer-turned-politician Magnus Johnson. Operated by the Dassel Area Historical Society in a 1937 agricultural laboratory.|
|Denler Art Gallery||Roseville||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Gallery at the University of Northwestern – St. Paul displaying work by national, local, and student artists.|
||Murray||Southwest Minnesota||Historic house||1891 Victorian house of early leading citizens of Slayton. Managed by the Murray County Historical Society.|
|Dodge County Historical Society Museum||Mantorville
||Dodge||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts displayed in an 1869 church, with two adjacent historical structures.|
|Dorothy Molter Museum||Ely
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Biographical||Museum and historic cabins dedicated to longtime wilderness resident Dorothy Molter and the heritage of the Boundary Waters.|
|Dr. William W. Mayo House||Le Sueur
||Le Sueur||Minnesota River Valley||Historic house||1859 house owned successively by Mayo Clinic founder William Worrall Mayo and three generations of the Cosgrove family who founded Green Giant. Managed by the Nicollet County Historical Society.|
|Duluth and Iron Range Railroad Depot Museum||Two Harbors
||Lake||Arrowhead||Local history||Displays on the development of Lake County, with a focus on iron mining, railroads, logging, and commercial fishing. Operated by the Lake County Historical Society in a 1907 train station.|
|Duluth Art Institute||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Art||Visual arts organization dating to 1871, offering rotating exhibitions by regional artists as well as workshops at the Duluth Depot and Lincoln Branch Library.|
|Duluth Children's Museum||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Children's||Nation's fifth-oldest children's museum, established in 1930.|
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Multiple||1892 train station housing the Duluth Art Institute, Lake Superior Railroad Museum, St. Louis County Historical Society Museum, and several performing arts organizations.|
|Eagle Bend Museum and Library||Eagle Bend
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and memorabilia, in a building shared with the Eagle Bend Public Library.|
|East Polk Heritage Center||Fosston
||Polk||Red River Valley||Local history||Local artifacts displayed in an 1887 house and a replica log cabin, plus a restored schoolhouse.|
|Edna G. Tugboat||Two Harbors
||Lake||Arrowhead||Maritime||Great Lakes tugboat in service 1896–1981. Operated by the Lake County Historical Society.|
|Edina History Museum||Edina
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits of town history, plus a research library. Operated by the Edina Historical Society.|
||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Americana||Former grocery store displaying the belongings of local character and lifelong hoarder Ed Krueger, including toys, packaging, magazines, player piano rolls, and a dead cat, all willed to the city and organized by the Wykoff Progressive Club.|
|Eidem Homestead||Brooklyn Park
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Living history||Turn-of-the-20th-century living history farm with a Victorian farmhouse, barn, and live animals. Managed by the city of Brooklyn Park.|
|Ely Art & Heritage Center||Ely
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Multiple||Art exhibits and historical displays, operated by Ely Greenstone Public Art within a former mining complex.|
|Ely–Winton History Museum||Ely
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Local history||Displays on local history, including the Ojibwe, voyageurs, logging, mining, and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Housed on the campus of Vermilion Community College.|
|End O' Line Railroad Park & Museum||Currie
||Murray||Southwest Minnesota||Open-air||Railroad and frontier life, with vintage locomotives and rolling stock, an original railway turntable, historical buildings, and a model train layout. Operated by Murray County.|
|Etta C. Ross Memorial Library Museum||Blue Earth
||Faribault||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Local records and artifacts housed in a 1904 library. Operated by the Faribault County Historical Society.|
|Eugene Saint Julien Cox House||St. Peter
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||Historic house||Restored 1871 Italianate house of a founder and early leader of St. Peter. Operated by the Nicollet County Historical Society.|
|Evansville Historical Foundation||Evansville
||Douglas||Vikingland||Open-air||Historical and replica buildings, including two 19th-century houses, a country schoolhouse, 1892 log cabin, a sod house, pioneer church, and a town hall, with some indoor exhibits and a research library.|
|Excelsior–Lake Minnetonka Historical Society Museum||Excelsior
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||History of the south Lake Minnetonka area, including the 1893 racing scow Onawa and exhibits on the Excelsior Amusement Park in operation 1925–1974. Housed in a former train station.|
|Fagen Fighters WWII Museum||Granite Falls
||Yellow Medicine||Minnesota River Valley||Military||Celebrates the veterans of World War II with a collection of fully operational military aircraft and vehicles, plus murals, statues, and other art.|
||Waseca||Southern Minnesota||Agriculture||Minnesota's agricultural heritage, featuring an 1850s farm, 1930s farm, visitor center, antique tractors and machinery, and several historical buildings. Also known as the Minnesota Agricultural Interpretive Center.|
|Fillebrown House||White Bear Lake
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1879 lakeside cottage, operated by the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society.|
|Fillmore County History Center Museum||Fountain
||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Artifacts from Fillmore County history, including agricultural equipment, women's and children's clothing, period displays, two Bernard Pietenpol airplanes, and a one-room schoolhouse. Operated by the Fillmore County Historical Society.|
|Finland Minnesota Heritage Site||Finland
||Lake||Arrowhead||Open-air||Exhibits and historical structures interpreting the pioneer heritage of eastern Lake County. Operated by the Finland Minnesota Historical Society on an 1890s homestead.|
|Finn Creek Open Air Museum||New York Mills
||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Open-air||Local Finnish American heritage represented by original and relocated structures on a 1900 farmstead, including a smoke sauna, sawmill, and town hall.|
|Firefighters Hall & Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Firefighting||Historical vehicles, equipment, displays, and a research library on firefighting in Minnesota.|
|Fishing Hall of Fame of Minnesota||Baxter
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Sports||Photos and memorabilia commemorating individuals and corporations significant in the development of recreational fishing in Minnesota. Operated by a non-profit organization within a Gander Mountain store.|
|Fitger's Brewery Museum||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Food||Memorabilia of Minnesota's most successful brewery, in operation 1881–1972. Housed within the historic brewery complex, which is now a mall.|
|Folsom House||Taylors Falls
||Chisago||East Central Minnesota||Historic house||1855 house of lumber magnate W.H.C. Folsom, with many of its original furnishings. Operated by the Taylors Falls Historical Society.|
|Forest History Center||Grand Rapids
||Itasca||Iron Range||Industry||Human history of Minnesota's forests, interpreted via a visitor center, early-20th-century logging camp, 1930s U.S. Forest Service station, nature trails, and environmental programs. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
||Jackson||Southwest Minnesota||Military||Recreated 1860s pioneer fort, plus other historic and replica structures including a sod house, blacksmith shop, farmhouse, and 1902 church. Indoor exhibits feature historical vehicles, early music boxes, and dolls.|
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||Military||Indoor exhibits in a reconstructed building and foundation ruins of a frontier U.S. Army fort in service 1853–1867, site of the Battle of Fort Ridgely in 1862. Operated by the Nicollet County Historical Society.|
|Freeborn County Historical Museum||Albert Lea
||Freeborn||Southern Minnesota||Local history||History of Freeborn County, with period displays and a 19th-century pioneer village.|
|Fridley History Center||Fridley
||Anoka||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Artifacts and displays of town history. Operated by the Fridley Historical Society in a 1931 schoolhouse.|
|Gallery of Wood Art||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Exhibits a variety of contemporary art made from wood, plus educational displays and vintage lathes. Operated by the American Association of Woodturners in Landmark Center.|
||Washington||East Central Minnesota||Ethnic||Interprets Swedish immigration to Minnesota, particularly in the years 1850–1880, through historical buildings and artifacts.|
|Gibbs Museum of Pioneer and Dakotah Life||Falcon Heights
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Open-air||1849 farmstead with original, relocated, and replica buildings, plus replica Dakota dwellings and gardens; operated by the Ramsey County Historical Society.|
|Gideon H. Pond House||Bloomington
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1856 house with replica 1852 wing, owned by Gideon Hollister Pond, early missionary to the Dakota. Operated by the city of Bloomington in Pond–Dakota Mission Park.|
||Redwood||Minnesota River Valley||Agricultural, historic house||Large 1882 farm with an ornate farmhouse, outbuildings, and antique machinery. Operated by the Redwood County Historical Society.|
|Glensheen Historic Estate||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Historic house||39-room mansion built 1905–08 for entrepreneur Chester Congdon, with much of its original contents and furnishings. Operated by the University of Minnesota Duluth.|
|Goldstein Museum of Design||Falcon Heights
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Research collection and rotating exhibit space dedicated to applied arts such as clothing, pottery, and graphic design. Operated by the University of Minnesota's College of Design.|
|Goodhue County Historical Society Museum||Red Wing
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Permanent and temporary exhibits on Goodhue County history, including Native Americans, natural history, daily life, and special events. Operated by Minnesota's oldest county historical society, established in 1869.|
|Gopher State Railway Museum||New Prague
||Scott||Southeast Minnesota||Railroad||Collects, preserves, restores, displays, and operates railroad equipment and artifacts.|
|Gordon Parks Gallery||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Teaching gallery at Metropolitan State University featuring works by Gordon Parks and diverse rotating exhibits.|
|Grand Portage National Monument||Grand Portage
||Cook||Arrowhead||History||Reconstructed North West Company trading post and modern visitor center interpreting Ojibwe heritage and the North American fur trade. Operated by the National Park Service.|
|Grant County Museum and Veterans' Memorial Hall||Elbow Lake
||Grant||Western Minnesota||Local history||Displays of Grant County history, including paleontology, Native American and pioneer artifacts, and military memorabilia, plus a restored log cabin and one-room school. Operated by the Grant County Historical Society.|
|Great Lakes Aquarium||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Aquarium||Aquarium displaying freshwater species from the Great Lakes region and the Amazon River, including birds and otters, plus exhibits on physical sciences.|
|Greyhound Bus Museum||Hibbing
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Transportation||Origins of Greyhound Lines, a local enterprise that grew into the world's largest bus company. Features 17 vintage buses including the founders' original 1914 Hupmobile.|
|Grimm Farm Historic Site||Laketown Township
||Carver||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Agricultural||1859 farm of Wendelin Grimm, who developed the first winter-hardy alfalfa in North America, enabling widespread dairy farming in the Upper Midwest. Operated by Three Rivers Park District within Carver Park Reserve.|
|Gustaf Anderson House History Museum||Lindstrom
||Chisago||East Central Minnesota||Historic house||1890 house of a prosperous immigrant family, with period furnishings. Operated by the Chisago County Historical Society.|
|Haehn Museum||St. Joseph
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Religious||Exhibits on the history and influence of the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict, with 4,000 artifacts dating back as far as 1857. Part of Saint Benedict's Monastery (St. Joseph, Minnesota).|
|Harkin Store||West Newton
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||History||1870s general store with much of its original merchandise on display. Operated by the Nicollet County Historical Society.|
|Hay Lake School and Erickson Log Home||Scandia
||Washington||East Central Minnesota||Historic house, school||1868 homesteaders' cabin and 1896 school. Operated by the Washington County Historical Society.|
|Headwaters Science Center||Bemidji
||Beltrami||Northern Minnesota||Science||Science and technology exhibits with an emphasis on hands-on activities for all ages.|
|Hennepin History Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits on Hennepin County history. Operated by the Hennepin County Historical Society in a 1919 mansion.|
|Heritage House Victorian Museum||Rochester
||Olmsted||Southeast Minnesota||House museum||1875 wood-frame house which was moved to Central Park and restored.|
|Heritage Museum and Wind Power Learning Center||Lake Benton
||Lincoln||Southwest Minnesota||Industry, local history||Exhibits on local history and wind power, a major resource in the Buffalo Ridge area.|
|Heritage Village||East Grand Forks
||Polk||Red River Valley||Open-air||Historical and replica buildings, with tours and living history demonstrations.|
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and memorabilia housed in a 1911 school building. Operated by the Hewitt Historical Society.|
|Hibbing Historical Museum||Hibbing
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Local history||Permanent and rotating exhibits of city history, including scale models of Hibbing in 1893 and 1913, a fully furnished replica house, and logging and mining displays.|
|Highpoint Center for Printmaking||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Two galleries with rotating exhibits of local, national, and international printmaking.|
|Hill-Annex Mine State Park||Marble
||Itasca||Iron Range||Mining||Tours of an open-pit iron mine active 1913–1978, with exhibits and period rooms in a former clubhouse building. Operated by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.|
|Hillstrom Museum of Art||St. Peter
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||Art||Permanent and rotating displays of international, national, regional, student, and faculty art. Part of Gustavus Adolphus College.|
|Hinckley Fire Museum||Hinckley
||Pine||East Central Minnesota||Local history||Interprets the devastating Great Hinckley Fire of 1894 and the subsequent rebuilding of the town and conversion from lumber to agriculture. Housed in an 1895 train station.|
|Historic Chippewa City||Montevideo
||Chippewa||Minnesota River Valley||Open-air||Replica of a late-19th-century village with 24 buildings, including log cabins, a church, shops, and a one-room schoolhouse. Operated by the Chippewa County Historical Society.|
||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Living history||Living history demonstrations themed to 1899 in and around an original general store, attached residence, farm buildings, gardens, and bridge. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society within Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park.|
|Historic Fort Snelling||Fort Snelling
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Military||Restored frontier Army fort constructed at a key river junction in the 1820s, and associated with Native American history, the fur trade, Dred Scott, the Dakota War of 1862, and the World Wars. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|History Center of Olmsted County||Rochester
||Olmsted||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Permanent and temporary exhibits on local history like the Mayo Clinic, plus 46-acre (19 ha) grounds with historic and replica buildings, including the George Stoppel Farmstead, an 1860s cabin and baseball diamond, and an 1880s school.|
|History Museum of East Otter Tail County||Perham
||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Local history||Displays on local domestic, economic, and social life, including Native American artifacts, the Otter Tail River, area towns, quilting, and the early tourist trade. Housed in an 1887 stone church.|
||Clay||Red River Valley||Local history||Exhibits on Clay County history, plus full-size replicas of Norway's Hopperstad Stave Church and the Gokstad ship. Operated by the Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County.|
||Dakota||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Agricultural, living history||Family farm interpreting rural life from the Great Depression to World War II. Operated by the city of Eagan.|
|Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom House||Belle Plaine
||Scott||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1871 house furnished to depict three periods of Belle Plaine history—1850s–60s, Victorian Era, and early 20th century—while local memorabilia is on display in the carriage house. Operated by the Belle Plaine Historical Society.|
|Hopkins Historical Society Museum||Hopkins
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Local memorabilia and archival material on such topics as the Minneapolis-Moline tractor company, Czech American history, homes and businesses, and Hopkins' long-running Raspberry Festival.|
|Hormel Historic Home||Austin
||Mower||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Period displays, artifacts, and photographs of the Hormel family in original 1871 home. Also an event center and sponsor of arts activities including annual concert series and piano competition.|
|Houston County Historical Society Museum||Caledonia
||Houston||Southeast Minnesota||Local history, open-air||Local history collections including farm equipment and photographs, plus historic buildings on the grounds including an 1862 church, 1878 one-room schoolhouse, and 1880 log cabin.|
|Hubbard County Historical Museum||Park Rapids
||Hubbard||Central Minnesota||Local history||Period rooms—such as a Victorian parlor and one-room schoolhouse—and exhibits of local artifacts like vintage clothing, military memorabilia, and communication equipment displayed in a 1900 county courthouse.|
|Independence Town Hall Museum||Independence||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Pioneer-era artifacts housed in a former town hall. Operated by the Western Hennepin County Pioneer Association.|
|International Wolf Center||Ely
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Natural history||Education and research facility dedicated to wolves, with exhibits, programs, and a 1.25-acre (0.51 ha) habitat with live wolves.|
|Iron Range Historical Society Research Museum||Gilbert
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Local history||Archive of local history materials, including photographs and law enforcement accessories. Housed in the former police station of a 1915 municipal hall.|
|Isanti County Historical Society Heritage Center||Cambridge
||Isanti||East Central Minnesota||Local history||Local history collections and archives, adjacent to an 1872 log cabin and other historical buildings.|
|Itasca Heritage Center||Grand Rapids||Itasca||Iron Range||Local history||Operated by the Itasca County Historical Society, includes exhibits about the woolly mammoth, Judy Garland and the Gumm family, paper industry, Native Americans, pioneers|
|In Their Own Words||Perham||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Military||website, interactive exhibits and oral histories of soldiers, prisoners of war and the effects of war on communities|
|Jackson County Historical Museum||Lakefield
||Jackson||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||Operated by the Jackson County Historical Society|
|James J. Hill House||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||Gilded Age mansion of railroad magnate James J. Hill, completed in 1891. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
||Cottonwood||Southwest Minnesota||Native American||Rock outcrop bearing some 4,000 Native American petroglyphs carved in a period spanning 7,000 to 250 years ago, plus a visitor center with exhibits. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|John H. Stevens House||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1849 house of Minneapolis pioneer John H. Stevens, site of much early civic activity. Hauled to its current location in Minnehaha Park in 1896 by teams of schoolchildren.|
|Johnson Heritage Post Art Gallery||Grand Marais
||Cook||Arrowhead||Art||Gallery featuring the art of settler Anna Johnson (1881–1944), plus rotating exhibits of local, regional, and national artists. Operated by the Cook County Historical Society.|
|Joseph R. Brown Minnesota River Center||Henderson
||Sibley||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Displays include a replica tipi and 1850s land office, and a topographical map of the Minnesota River, plus exhibits on town founder Joseph R. Brown and riverboats. Housed in an 1879 courthouse.|
|J.R. Watkins House||Plainview
||Wabasha||Southeast Minnesota||Historic house||Home from 1868 to 1885 of J.R. Watkins, founder of what is now Watkins Incorporated. Displays include period furnishings and Watkins' early products.|
|Judy Garland Museum||Grand Rapids
||Itasca||Iron Range||Biographical||Childhood home of actress and singer Judy Garland, displaying memorabilia from her life and the film The Wizard of Oz.|
|Julian H. Sleeper House||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Gilded Age decorative arts displayed in an 1884 home, exhibited by the owner by appointment. Collection was formerly the basis of the Gowie-Nonnand House Museum in New Haven, Connecticut.|
|Kanabec History Center||Mora
||Kanabec||East Central Minnesota||Local history||Indoor and outdoor displays, including an Ojibwe wigwam, 1906 kitchen, telecommunications gear, several historic schoolhouses, a replica 1904 fire hall, and a 1950s caboose.|
|Kandiyohi County Museum||Willmar
||Kandiyohi||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Local history displays in a former train station, plus an 1880 schoolhouse, 1893 farmhouse, and a 1923 steam locomotive.|
|Karl Oskar House||Lindstrom
||Chisago||East Central Minnesota||Ethnic||Swedish pioneer home that was the inspiration for author Vilhelm Moberg's The Emigrants series. Operated by the Lindstrom Historical Society in Ki-Chi-Saga Park.|
|Karpeles Manuscript Library Duluth Museum||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||History||Rotating exhibits in a 1912 church, one of 14 national locations of the world's largest private collection of notable manuscripts and documents.|
|Katherine E. Nash Gallery||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||5,000-square-foot (460 m2) gallery devoted to exhibiting visual arts by local, regional, national, and international artists. Operated by the University of Minnesota Department of Art.|
|Kensington Historical Museum||Kensington
||Douglas||Vikingland||Local history||Displays and research material on local history, including the discovery of the Kensington Runestone and purported Viking exploration of North America. Operated by the Kensington Area Heritage Society.|
|Khmer Legacy Museum||St. Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Ethnic, history||Displays and research material on Cambodian history and culture|
|Kittson County History Center and Museum||Lake Bronson
||Kittson||Red River Valley||Local history||Displays of pioneer artifacts, machinery, and antique vehicles, plus historic structures including a log cabin, schoolhouse, church, and caboose. Operated by the Kittson County Historical Society.|
|Knute Nelson House||Alexandria
||Douglas||Vikingland||Historic house||Home of Norwegian American politician Knute Nelson (1843–1923), Minnesota's only foreign-born governor, who later served 28 years as a U.S. Senator. Operated by the Douglas County Historical Society.|
|Koochiching County and Bronko Nagurski Museum||International Falls
||Koochiching||Northern Minnesota||Local history, sports||Displays on the area's Native American, fur trade, and economic history, plus an annex devoted to early NFL star Bronko Nagurski.|
|Kremer House Library and Museum||Minnesota Lake
||Faribault||Southern Minnesota||Historic house||1902 Queen Anne house with local historical items and a library.|
|Lac qui Parle History Center||Madison
||Lac qui Parle||Western Minnesota||Open-air||Museum complex with local history displays, a 3,000-piece salt and pepper shaker collection, and farm equipment, plus an 1870s log cabin, 1880s schoolhouse, 1933 gas station, and the writing study of Minnesota poet laureate Robert Bly. Operated by the Lac qui Parle Historical Society.|
|Lac qui Parle Mission||Montevideo
||Chippewa||Minnesota River Valley||History||Reconstructed 1835 mission where the first Dakota language dictionary and Bible were compiled. Operated by the Chippewa County Historical Society.|
|Lake of the Woods County Museum||Baudette
||Lake of the Woods||Northern Minnesota||Local history||Displays on county topics ranging from natural history to tourism, including the Baudette Fire of 1910, plus a collection of agricultural equipment and replica buildings such as a homestead, general store, and blacksmith shop. Operated by the Lake of the Woods County Historical Society.|
|Lake Superior Railroad Museum||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Railroad||Displays a large collection of locomotives, rolling stock, and other railroad equipment, plus regional history exhibits. Housed in the Duluth Depot and offering excursions on the North Shore Scenic Railroad.|
|Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Maritime||Interprets the shipping heritage on the upper Great Lakes, with scale and full-size model ships and exhibits on the Duluth Ship Canal and Aerial Lift Bridge. Operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.|
|The Landing – Minnesota River Heritage Park||Shakopee
||Scott||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Living history||Historical buildings and living history demonstrations depicting the settlement of the lower Minnesota River Valley from the 1840s to the 1890s. Operated by Three Rivers Park District.|
|Landmark Center||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Multiple||1902 federal courthouse restored as a cultural venue, with galleries on the history of the building as well as the AAW Gallery of Wood Art, Schubert Club Museum of Musical Instruments, and Ramsey County Historical Society Gallery.|
|Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum||Walnut Grove
||Redwood||Southwest Minnesota||Biographical||History of Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family in Walnut Grove with historical and replica buildings, plus memorabilia from stars of the Little House on the Prairie TV series and a 250-item doll collection.|
|Lawshe Memorial Museum||South Saint Paul
||Dakota||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||Houses 25,000 objects and 20,000 photographs related to Dakota County history, plus an extensive research library. Operated by the Dakota County Historical Society.|
|LeDuc Historic Estate||Hastings
||Dakota||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||Gothic Revival mansion of a Civil War quartermaster completed in 1866, restored for tours and events. Operated by the Dakota County Historical Society.|
|Le Sueur Museum||Le Sueur
||Le Sueur||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Local history exhibits including Green Giant, veterinary medicine, agriculture, art, military service, and early buildings like schools, a post office, and a drug store. Operated by the Le Sueur County Historical Society in a former school.|
|Lincoln County Pioneer Museum||Hendricks
||Lincoln||Southwest Minnesota||Open-air||Interprets pioneer history in the late-19th and early-20th century, with four historical buildings—a train station, school, church, and house—plus exhibits on topics like military service, agriculture, and sports.|
|Linden Hill Historical Event Center||Little Falls
||Morrison||Central Minnesota||Historic house||Tours of Weyerhaeuser mansion tell the stories of the Musser and Weyerhaeuser families and the history of Little Falls' lumbering era.|
|Lower Sioux Agency Interpretive Center||Sherman Township
||Redwood||Minnesota River Valley||Native American||History center and open-air museum on Dakota life before, during, and after the Dakota War of 1862. Co-managed by the Lower Sioux Indian Reservation and the Minnesota Historical Society.|
||Yellow Medicine||Southwest Minnesota||Historic house||Eclectic Victorian mansion—built in 1891 and expanded in 1900—belonging to a colorful land speculator, mayor, and bank president.|
|Lyon County Museum||Marshall
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||History of Lyon County from its original Dakota inhabitants onward, including a 1950s soda fountain counter and exhibits on the pop culture of the 1960s. Operated by the Lyon County Historical Society.|
|Mantorville Restoration House||Mantorville
||Dodge||Southeast Minnesota||Historic house||Restored historic buildings, including an 1856 county office with Civil War-era furnishings, an 1850s log cabin, and an operating theatre.|
|Marshall Area Fine Arts Council||Marshall
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Art||Gallery with changing exhibits showcasing established and emerging regional artists.|
|Martin County Historical Society Pioneer Museum||Fairmont
||Martin||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||Permanent and changing exhibits of county history, including Fairmont Railway Motors, local music, early vehicles, pioneer housewares, fashions, and military mementos.|
|McIntosh Heritage & Arts Center||McIntosh
||Polk||Red River Valley||Local history||Local history resources and artwork.|
|McLeod County Museum & Gallery||Hutchinson
||McLeod||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Displays on the history of McLeod County's nine communities, rotating exhibits, woodcarvings celebrating pioneer women, and the artwork of wildlife painter Les Kouba. Operated by the McLeod County Historical Society.|
|Meeker County Historical Society Museum and G.A.R. Hall||Litchfield
||Meeker||West Central Minnesota||Local history||Museum containing Native American and pioneer artifacts and an 1868 log cabin, attached to an 1885 Grand Army of the Republic hall with period furnishings and Civil War memorabilia.|
|Melrose Area Museum||Melrose
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Local history||Memorabilia of the area's military, business, domestic, sports, and religious history, plus a large photographic collection. Housed in a 1953 convent.|
|Mill City Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Industry||Interactive exhibits on the Minneapolis milling industry and its connections to the Mississippi River and the city's development. Operated by the Minnesota Historical Society in the ruins of an 1880 mill.|
|Mille Lacs County Historical Society Depot Museum||Princeton
||Mille Lacs||East Central Minnesota||Railroad||Preserved buildings and vehicles including a 1902 train station, 1856 schoolhouse, 1924 firetruck, and various train cars.|
|Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post||Onamia
||Mille Lacs||East Central Minnesota||Native American||Exhibits on the history, handicrafts, and contemporary life of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, with a restored 1930s trading post. Jointly operated by the band and the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|Millersburg Schoolhouse Museum||Millersburg
||Rice||Southeast Minnesota||Education||Restored one-room schoolhouse. Operated by the Christdala Church Preservation and Cemetery Association.|
|Milwaukee Road Heritage Center||Montevideo
||Chippewa||Minnesota River Valley||Railroad||Heritage of the Milwaukee Road railway in western Minnesota, with variety of rolling stock, a 1901 depot, 1913 turntable, and a model train layout depicting the year 1953.|
|Minneapolis College of Art and Design Galleries||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Several public galleries and a sculpture garden providing rotating exhibition space for student work.|
|Minneapolis Institute of Art||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Monumental art museum containing 89,000 works spanning 20,000 years and all six inhabited continents, ranging from indigenous American and African art to contemporary work, decorative arts, and a substantial Asian collection.|
|Minneapolis Sculpture Garden||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||11-acre (4.5 ha) greenspace with 40 outdoor sculptures from the adjacent Walker Art Center's collection. Managed jointly by the Walker and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Railroad||1875 train station in Minnehaha Park, with delicate "gingerbread" architecture and interior exhibits. Owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum.|
|Minnesota Air National Guard Museum||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Military||History of the Minnesota Air National Guard, with 21 restored military aircraft from World War II to the present, ejection seats, flight simulators, engines, and weaponry, plus historical displays and documents. Operated by a non-profit on the grounds of the Minneapolis–Saint Paul Joint Air Reserve Station.|
|Minnesota Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame Museum||St. Cloud
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Sports||Memorabilia from Minnesota's numerous minor league, town, school, and club baseball teams. Housed in the River's Edge Convention Center.|
|Minnesota Children's Museum||Saint Paul
|Minnesota Discovery Center||Chisholm
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Mining||Exhibits on Iron Range industry, immigration, geology, and local-born governor Rudy Perpich, plus trolley tours of an open-pit mine, historic and replica buildings, and a research library. Formerly Ironworld Discovery Center.|
|Minnesota History Center||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||Main museum of the Minnesota Historical Society, with permanent and changing exhibits on the history of Minnesota, a research library, and event spaces.|
|Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum||Alexandria
||Douglas||Vikingland||Maritime||Exhibits on the regional heritage of elegant lake resorts, boating, and fishing.|
|Minnesota Machinery Museum||Hanley Falls
||Yellow Medicine||Southwest Minnesota||Agriculture||Interprets rural life with a collection of tractors, farm implements, gas engines, automobiles, railroad memorabilia, and folk art housed in five buildings of a former school.|
|Minnesota Marine Art Museum||Winona
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||Art||Art museum specializing in works inspired by water, from traditional marine art to contemporary art, including paintings by Emanuel Leutze, Winslow Homer, Pablo Picasso, and Georgia O'Keeffe.|
|Minnesota Masonic Historical Society & Museum||Bloomington
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||The main collection is in the Minnesota Masonic Care Center in Bloomington; the library is in the Masonic Center in St. Paul. They also have travelling exhibits.|
|Minnesota Military Museum||Little Falls
||Morrison||Central Minnesota||Military||Interprets Minnesota's military history from its frontier forts to the present, and the experiences of Minnesotans in all branches of service. Operated by the Military Historical Society of Minnesota on the grounds of Camp Ripley.|
|Minnesota Museum of American Art||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Houses a 4,000-piece collection of American artwork and studio crafts, including numerous pieces by Minnesota artists Paul Manship, George Morrison, and Wing Young Huie. Currently located in the Pioneer Building.|
|Minnesota Museum of Mining||Chisholm
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Mining||15-acre (6.1 ha) museum to the mining industry of the Iron Range and its workers, with indoor exhibits, original heavy equipment, a rock and mineral collection, a replica town, and a simulated underground mine.|
|Minnesota Music Hall of Fame||New Ulm
||Brown||Minnesota River Valley||Music||Memorabilia and photographs honoring major contributors to Minnesota's music scenes, including Bob Dylan, Prince, Whoopee John Wilfahrt, Harold Loeffelmacher, the Andrews Sisters, Judy Garland, as well as ethnic music like polka.|
|Minnesota Newspaper Museum||Falcon Heights
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||Publishes a newspaper on old press machinery as a public demonstration during the Minnesota State Fair|
|Minnesota Pioneer Park||Annandale
||Wright||West Central Minnesota||Open-air||Pioneer heritage of Central Minnesota depicted through an 1884 log cabin, 1886 church, 1886 train station, 1886 caboose, 1892 town hall, replicas of a sod house and typical small town businesses, and indoor exhibits.|
|Minnesota State Capitol||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||1905 capitol building interpreted through tours led by the Minnesota Historical Society.|
|Minnesota State Public School Orphanage Museum||Owatonna
||Steele||Southeast Minnesota||History||Exhibit hall and campus tours of Minnesota's only state-run orphanage, home to over 10,000 children from 1886 to 1945.|
|Minnesota Streetcar Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Transportation||Heritage streetcar organization with restored trams operating on the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line in Minneapolis and another in Excelsior, plus a collection of artifacts and documents on streetcar history in Minnesota.|
|Minnesota Transportation Museum||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Transportation||50 vintage train cars, classic buses, and interactive displays on regional transportation history in a 1907 roundhouse, plus various rides and tours.|
|Minnesota Veterinary Historical Museum||Falcon Heights
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Medical||Instruments, documents, and other memorabilia depicting the progress of veterinary medicine in Minnesota and the pioneering individuals behind it. Operated by the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Minnesota–St. Paul Campus.|
|Moose Lake Agate and Geological Center||Moose Lake
||Carlton||Iron Range||Geology||Exhibit hall on Lake Superior agates (the state gemstone) and the geology of Minnesota. Operated by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources in Moose Lake State Park.|
|Moose Lake Depot and Fires of 1918 Museum||Moose Lake
||Carlton||Iron Range||Local history||1907 train station and adjacent building housing permanent and rotating exhibits, including the 1918 Cloquet Fire, railroads, a 1920s kitchen, local church memorabilia, and vintage clothing.|
|Mower County Historical Society||Austin
||Mower||Southeast Minnesota||Open-air||Historic buildings—including a one-room schoolhouse and the original 1892 home of Hormel—plus indoor exhibits and a research library.|
|Murray County Historical Museum||Slayton
||Murray||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||website, exhibits include a church replica, country store, railroad display, early radios and phonographs, tools and machinery, Native American artifacts, furniture and glassware|
|Museum of Lake Minnetonka||Excelsior
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Maritime||Steamboat Minnehaha cruises between Excelsior and Wayzata|
|Museum of Russian Art||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Russian art from the 19th and 20th centuries, especially Soviet-era art|
|National Eagle Center||Wabasha
||Wabasha||Southeast Minnesota||Natural history||Live rehabilitated eagles and eagle, wildlife, and conservation exhibits|
|Nemeth Art Center||Park Rapids
||Hubbard||Central Minnesota||Art||website, features permanent collection of 15th–19th century European paintings, changing art exhibits and historical displays, located in the former Hubbard County Courthouse|
|New Brighton History Center||New Brighton
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Railroad||website, an 1887 railroad depot museum of railroad artifacts, historical pictures, area maps, caboose, railroad work cart, baggage carts and mail cart, operated by the New Brighton Historical Society|
|New York Mills Regional Cultural Center||New York Mills
||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Art||website, rural art and culture center, changing art exhibits|
|North American Bear Center||Ely
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Natural history||Exhibits about the natural history of bears found in North America, live American black bear ambassadors|
|North Oaks Farm||North Oaks
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Farm||Preserved 5-acre farm with dairy, blacksmith shop and red barn, open for events|
|North Saint Paul Historical Society Museum||North St. Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||website|
|North Shore Commercial Fishing Museum||Tofte
||Cook||Arrowhead||Industry, maritime||Exhibits celebrating the people and technology that established commercial fishing on the harsh North Shore of Lake Superior.|
|North Star Museum of Boy Scouting and Girl Scouting||North St. Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Scouting||Collection of over 150,000 items on the history of scouting in the Upper Midwest.|
|North West Company Fur Post||Pine City
||Pine||East Central Minnesota||Living history||Reconstructed post from the winter of 1804-05|
|Northfield Historical Society Museum||Northfield
||Rice||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website, housed in the last bank Jesse James tried to rob|
|Old Home Town Museum||Stephen
||Marshall||Red River Valley||Local history||website, features period displays, household items, agriculture equipment, personal collections|
|Old Town Hall History Museum||Bloomington
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||website, operated by the Bloomington Historical Society|
|Oliver H. Kelley Farm||Elk River
||Sherburne||Central Minnesota||Agricultural, living history||1860s working farm|
|Osakis Area Heritage Center||Osakis
|Otter Tail County Historical Museum||Fergus Falls
||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Local history||website, exhibits include dioramas and period rooms featuring area natural history, Native Americans, European settlement, agriculture and farm life, and a recreation of a 1910s Main Street|
|Owatonna Arts Center||Owatonna
||Steele||Southeast Minnesota||Art||website located on the campus of the Minnesota State Public School for Dependent and Neglected Children (see separate entry above)|
|Pavek Museum of Broadcasting||St. Louis Park
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Technology||Vintage radio and television equipment|
|Paynesville Area Historical Museum||Paynesville
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Paynesville Area Historical Society|
|Peder Engelstad Pioneer Village||Thief River Falls
||Pennington||Red River Valley||Open-air||website, operated by the Pennington County Historical Society, replica early 20th century village including a museum, two railroad depots, one-room schoolhouse, church, log houses, general store, two-story Victorian house, blacksmith shop and barber shop|
|Peterson Station Museum||Peterson
||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and research material in an 1877 train station, relocated from abandoned rail line (now part of the Root River State Trail) to Mill Street, the village's main thoroughfare|
||Otter Tail||Vikingland||Industry||Turn-of-the-20th-century flour mill is open for seasonal self-guided tours|
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||Industry||150-year-old working model of a commercial gristmill|
|Pine Island Area History Center||Pine Island
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Pine Island Historical Society|
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Open-air||Buildings and gardens representing local life at the turn of the 20th century, plus a restored trian station and caboose.|
|Pipestone County Museum||Pipestone
||Pipestone||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Pipestone County Historical Society|
|Pipestone National Monument||Pipestone
||Pipestone||Southwest Minnesota||Native American||Pipestone quarry and exhibits|
|Plainview Area History Center||Plainview
||Wabasha||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Housed in a former church|
|Polaris Experience Center||Roseau
||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Industry||website, history of Polaris Industries, manufacturer of snowmobiles, ATVs, motorbikes and other vehicles|
|Polish Cultural Institute and Museum||Winona
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||Ethnic||Polish immigrant life in Winona and the surrounding areas|
|Polk County Museum||Crookston
||Polk||Red River Valley||Open-air||website, operated by the Polk County Historical Society, includes museum with period room displays, household items, general store, doctor’s office, barbershop, communications center (telephone and switchboard center), an 1870 log house, two room prairie house, blacksmith shop, a one room school house and a church|
|Pope County Museum & History Center||Glenwood
||Pope||Vikingland||Local history||website, operated by the Pope County Historical Society|
||Norman||Red River Valley||Open-air||Operated by the Norman County Minnesota Historical Society, 12 historic buildings that tell the story of the county’s beginning|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||1913 Prairie School style house, operated by the Minneapolis Institute of Arts|
|Ramsey County Historical Society Gallery||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||website, located in the North Lobby of the Landmark Center|
|Raptor Ridge Museum||Spicer||Kandiyohi||West Central Minnesota||Natural history||Private collection of Native American artifacts, dinosaur bones and fossils, seashells, butterflies, rocks and minerals|
|Red River History Museum||Shelly
||Norman||Red River Valley||Local history||Includes 3 working looms, exhibits on local doctors, schools, military uniforms and old toys, operated by the Norman County Historical Society in a former school|
|Red River Valley Sugarbeet Museum||Crookston
||Polk||Red River Valley||Agriculture||website, sugarbeet and agriculture related equipment and memorabilia|
|Red Wing Marine Museum||Red Wing
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Industry||A collection of boat motors manufactured by a notable local company in operation 1902–1979, plus rotating exhibits on boat and river history, housed in an 1884 waterworks.|
|Red Wing Pottery Museum||Red Wing
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Pottery||website, creation and examples of Red Wing Pottery, operated by the Red Wing Collectors Society|
|Redwood County Museum||Redwood Falls
||Redwood||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Operated by the Redwood County Historical Society, includes period rooms, artifacts of local history and culture|
|R. D. Hubbard House||Mankato
||Blue Earth||Minnesota River Valley||Historic house||Victorian period house, operated by the Blue Earth County Historical Society|
|Renville County Historical Museum||Morton
||Renville||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Operated by the Renville County Historical Society|
|Rice County Museum of History||Faribault
||Rice||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Rice County Historical Society, exhibits include a Main Street business display, notable residents, natural history, military history, Sellner Manufacturing|
|Richfield History Center||Richfield
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Local history||website, operated by the Richfield Historical Society, provides tours of the historic Riley Lucas Bartholomew House|
|Rochester Art Center||Rochester
||Olmsted||Southeast Minnesota||Art||Changing exhibits of contemporary art|
|Roseau County Museum||Roseau
||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Roseau County Historical Society|
|Roseau Pioneer Farm and Village||Roseau
||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Open-air||website, includes over 15 historic buildings|
|Rourke Art Museum||Moorhead
||Clay||Red River Valley||Art||Works from around the world and many traditions|
||Douglas||Vikingland||Open-air||website, includes Kensington Runestone, pioneer period rooms, Minnesota natural history dioramas, early photos, Norse history, Native American exhibit, and restored Fort Alexandria with school and general store|
|St. James Historical Society & Museum||St. James
||Watonwan||Southern Minnesota||Local history||Museum of local artifacts and adjacent 1883 church.|
|St. Louis County Historical Society Museum||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Local history||website, part of the Duluth Depot|
|St. Peter State Hospital Museum||St. Peter
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||Medical||Museum about former psychiatric treatment facility later known as St. Peter Regional Treatment Center, open by appointment|
|Sauk Centre Area Historical Society Museum||Sauk Centre
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts and research material housed in a 1904 Carnegie library.|
|Saum Schools||Battle Township
||Beltrami||Northern Minnesota||School||One-room log school (1903) and two-story frame schoolhouse (1912) built as one of Minnesota's first consolidated schools|
||Houston||Southeast Minnesota||Industry||Late-19th-century working watermill|
|Schubert Club Museum of Musical Instruments||Saint Paul
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Music||Located in the Landmark Center, historic music instruments, letters and other documents of music history|
|Schwanke Car, Tractor and Truck Museum||Willmar
||Kandiyohi||West Central Minnesota||Transportation||website, private collection of tractors, cars, trucks, gas engines, gas pumps, signs and more|
|Science Museum of Minnesota||Saint Paul
|Settler's Square Museum||Warren
||Marshall||Northern Minnesota||Open-air||website, information, operated by the Marshall County Historical Society, depicts an 1880s street with store fronts, antique farm machinery and the UFO Sheriff’s car of Marshall County|
||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Automobile||website, open by appointment, collection of classic and muscle cars, automotive, sports and music memorabilia|
|Sherburne History Center||Becker
||Sherburne||Central Minnesota||Local history||website|
|Sibley County Historical Society Museum||Henderson
||Sibley||West Central Minnesota||Local history||website, located in the 1880s August F. Poehler House|
|Sibley Historic Site||Mendota
||Dakota||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||American Fur Company trading post, homes of Henry Hastings Sibley and Jean-Baptiste Faribault, operated by the Minnesota Historical Society|
|Sinclair Lewis Boyhood Home||Sauk Centre
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Biographical||Boyhood home and museum about author Sinclair Lewis|
|Sinclair Lewis Museum||Sauk Centre
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Biographical||Displays and artifacts pertaining to author Sinclair Lewis, including his writing desk. Located in the Sinclair Lewis Interpretive Center.|
|Sleepy Eye Area Depot Museum||Sleepy Eye
||Brown||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||Operated by the Sleepy Eye Area Historical Society|
|Soo Line Depot Museum||Crosby
||Crow Wing||Central Minnesota||Local history||Local history and railroads|
|Somali Museum of Minnesota||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Ethnic||website, Somali and East African heritage|
|Soudan Underground Mine State Park||Breitung Township
||St. Louis||Iron Range||Mining||Tours of Minnesota's oldest, deepest and richest iron mine|
|SMSU Art Museum||Marshall
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Art||Part of Southwest Minnesota State University, two galleries and displays around campus|
|SMSU Museum of Indigenous Americans||Marshall
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Art||Part of Southwest Minnesota State University, Native American artifacts including pottery, artwork, baskets, projectile points|
|SMSU Natural History Museum||Marshall
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Natural history||Part of Southwest Minnesota State University, plants and animals of southwest Minnesota|
||Mower||Southeast Minnesota||Food||All about Spam|
|Spirit of Peace Indian Museum||Pipestone||Pipestone||Southwest Minnesota||Native American||website, local Native American history|
|Split Rock Lighthouse||Two Harbors
||Lake||Arrowhead||Maritime||Includes the original tower and lens, the fog signal building, the oil house, and the three keepers' houses|
|Spring Valley Methodist Church Museum||Spring Valley
||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Housed in former church attended by the family of Laura Ingalls Wilder, local history exhibits, operated by the Spring Valley Community Historical Society|
|Stans Homestead and Garden-Park||Shakopee
||Scott||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Multiple||website, operated by the Scott County Historical Society, history of Scott County and entrepreneur Maurice Stans, African and Native American artifact collections|
|State Fair History & Heritage Center||Falcon Heights
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||History of the Minnesota State Fair|
|Stearns History Museum||St. Cloud
||Stearns||Central Minnesota||Local history||Two-story museum of Stearns County history, established in 1982 within a 100-acre (40 ha) park.|
|Steele County History Museum and Village of Yesteryear||Owatonna
||Steele||Southeast Minnesota||Open-air||website, operated by the Steele County Historical Society, turn-of-the-20th-century village includes log cabins, railroad depot, general store/post office, fire station, farm machinery building, blacksmith shop, country school, historic mansion and 19th-century church; adjacent to Steele County History Museum, a modern facility with exhibition and meeting spaces|
|Stevens County Historical Museum||Morris
||Stevens||Vikingland||Local history||website, operated by the Stevens County Historical Society|
|Stone House Museum||Marine on St. Croix
||Washington||East Central Minnesota||Local history||Housed in a former town hall and jail|
|Swensson Farm Museum||Montevideo
||Chippewa||Minnesota River Valley||Agriculture||17-acre (6.9 ha) farmstead of an innovative Swedish immigrant, with a 22-room brick farmhouse and 1880s barn. Operated by the Chippewa County Historical Society.|
|Swift County History Museum||Benson
||Swift||West Central Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Swift County Historical Society|
||Pope||Vikingland||Open-air||website, includes 1903 flour mill, 1870s log cabin, cottage with Scandinavian furnishings and folk art, located in the Terrace Mill Historic District|
|Todd County Historical Museum||Long Prairie
||Todd||Central Minnesota||Local history||Education and research center on Todd County history|
|Tower Train Museum||Tower
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Railroad||Includes 1910 Duluth and Iron Range Railway class K-1 2-8-0 (number 1218) steam locomotive, exhibits of local history, operated by the Tower-Soudan Historical Society|
|Traverse County Historical Society Museum||Wheaton
||Traverse||Western Minnesota||Local history||Includes replicas of a meat market, a dentist's office, home living quarters and a general store|
|Treaty Site History Center||St. Peter
||Nicollet||Minnesota River Valley||Local history||website, operated by the Nicollet County Historical Society, includes exhibits about the Treaty of Traverse des Sioux|
|Tweed Museum of Art||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Art||Part of University of Minnesota Duluth, strengths in American landscape painting|
|Twin City Model Railroad Museum||Saint Paul
|Twin Valley Heritage & Art Center||Twin Valley
||Norman||Red River Valley||Local history||website, local history, rotating art gallery and information center|
|Two Harbors Light Station||Two Harbors
||Lake||Arrowhead||Maritime||Minnesota's oldest operating lighthouse, completed in 1892. Managed by the Lake County Historical Society, offering tours, exhibits, and bed & breakfast accommodations.|
|United States Hockey Hall of Fame||Eveleth
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Early area Swedish heritage|
||Wadena||Central Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Verndale Historical Society, open by appointment|
|Virginia Area Historical Society Museum||Virginia||St. Louis||Iron Range||Local history||website, includes exhibits on the logging era, Virginia's two major fires, and the trolley line|
|Voyageurs National Park||International Falls||Koochiching||Northern Minnesota||Local history||Museum in visitor center at Rainy Lake Visitor Center, interpretive exhibits at Kabetogama Lake Visitor Center|
|Wabasha County Historical Museum||Reads Landing
||Wabasha||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Wabasha County Historical Society in the Reads Landing School|
|Wadena County Historical Society Museum||Wadena
||Wadena||Central Minnesota||Local history||website|
|Walker Art Center||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Contemporary art museum with adjacent Minneapolis Sculpture Garden|
|Wanda Gág House||New Ulm
||Brown||Minnesota River Valley||Biographical||Home of artist Anton Gág and children's author Wanda Gág|
|Warden's House Museum||Stillwater
||Washington||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic house||Turn-of-the-20th-century home used by 13 prison wardens from 1853 to 1914, operated by the Washington County Historical Society|
|Warroad Heritage Center||Warroad||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Local history||Exhibits include fishing, industry, ranching, boating, Native Americans and transportation|
|Waseca County Historical Society Museum||Waseca
||Waseca||Southern Minnesota||Local history||Local artifacts housed in an early-20th-century church building. It includes a research library in the Philo C. Bailey House across the street.|
|Washburn-Zittleman House Museum||Spring Valley||Fillmore||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website, includes turn of the 20th century furnishing, quilts, toys, period kitchen, agriculture machinery, operated by the Spring Valley Community Historical Society|
|Washington County Courthouse||Stillwater
||Washington||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Historic site||Tours by appointment or self-guided|
|Watkins Museum & Store||Winona
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||History||website, history and memorabilia from J.R. Watkins Apothecary, now Watkins Incorporated|
|Watonwan County Historical Center||Madelia
||Watonwan||Southern Minnesota||Local history||Contains horse-drawn farm equipment, an original post office and log cabin, a recreated drug store, and information on the capture of the Younger Brothers. Operated by the Watonwan County Historical Society.|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Railroad||Operated by the Wayzata Historical Society|
|Weisman Art Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Art||Art museum with permanent collections of American modernism, Koren furniture, and Mimbres pottery. Operated by the University of Minnesota in a 1993 building designed by Frank Gehry.|
|Wells Fargo History Museum||Minneapolis
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||Exhibits include an 1863 Concord Stagecoach, a recreated 1900 Town Bank, gold nuggets, coins and paper currency|
|Westbrook Heritage House Museum||Westbrook
||Cottonwood||Southwest Minnesota||Local history||Restored 1900 depot with local history exhibits and a log cabin from the late 19th century.|
|West Riverside Museum||Cambridge||Isanti||East Central Minnesota||Open-air||website, operated by the Isanti County Historical Society, includes restored 20th century schoolhouse, 1859 Edblad Pioneer Log Home|
|Western Hennepin County Pioneer Association Pioneer Museum||Long Lake
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||History||website, features period rooms, including the Victorian room, general store, textile room ann music room|
|Wheels Across the Prairie Museum||Tracy
||Lyon||Southwest Minnesota||Open-air||website, includes car barn, post office, schoolhouse, train depot, chapel, church, blacksmith shop and pioneer exhibits|
|White Bear Lake Depot Museum||White Bear Lake
||Ramsey||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Railroad||website, operated by the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society, exhibits of railroad and local history|
|Wilkin County Historical Museum||Breckenridge
||Wilkin||Western Minnesota||Local history||Operated by the Wilkin County Historical Society|
|William A. Irvin||Duluth
||St. Louis||Arrowhead||Maritime||Retired lake freighter with a 14,000-ton cargo capacity and luxury passenger quarters, in service 1938–1978.|
|Winnebago Area Museum||Winnebago||Faribault||Southern Minnesota||Local history||website, houses one of the largest privately held Native American artifacts collections in the state|
|Winona County History Museum||Winona
||Winona||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||Operated by the Winona County Historical Society, located in a former National Guard Armory|
|Wm. S. Marvin Training and Visitor Center||Warroad||Roseau||Northern Minnesota||Industry||website, history and manufacture of Marvin Windows and Doors|
||Hennepin||Minneapolis–Saint Paul||Science||Technology, engineering and hands-on science|
|Wright County Heritage Center||Buffalo
||Wright||West Central Minnesota||Local history||website, operated by the Wright County Historical Society|
|Yellow Medicine County Historical Society and Museum||Granite Falls
||Yellow Medicine||Minnesota River Valley||Local history|||
|Zumbrota Area Historical Society Museum||Zumbrota
||Goodhue||Southeast Minnesota||Local history||website|
- Arches Museum of Pioneer Life, Lewiston, artifacts, farm machinery, cabin and barn moving to the Winona County Fairgrounds, new museum to be built later by the Winona County Historical Society
- Arrowhead Bluffs Museum, Wabasha, closed October 2011. Displayed hunting trophies, antique rifles, and Native American artifacts.
- College of Visual Arts Gallery, Saint Paul, closed 2013. Gallery space of the former College of Visual Arts.
- Grand Mound History Center, near International Falls. Interpreted the prehistoric Grand Mound.
- Le Sueur County Historical Society Museum
- Mikkelson Collection, Willmar, collection auctioned off in 2012
- Midwest Music Museum, Bloomington, was located at the Mall of America, no current information
- Museum of Questionable Medical Devices, website, formerly located at St. Anthony Main, now part of the Science Museum of Minnesota
- Rifle Sport Gallery, a groundbreaking underground art space open 1985-1988 on Block E in downtown Minneapolis.
- Soderlund Pharmacy Museum, St. Peter
- Spicer's Classic Car Museum, Chisholm, no current information
- Story Lady Doll & Toy Museum, Albert Lea, no current information
- TRACES Center for History and Culture, Saint Paul, closed November 2008, website, formerly at the Landmark Center
- List of museums in the United States
- Aquaria in Minnesota (category)
- Arboreta in Minnesota (category)
- Botanical gardens in Minnesota (category)
- Forts in Minnesota (category)
- Houses in Minnesota (category)
- National Historic Landmarks in Minnesota
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Minnesota
- Nature Centers in Minnesota
- Observatories in Minnesota (category)
- "3M Museum". Lake County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Afton Historical Museum [About]". Afton Historical Society. 2014-02-14. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Depot Museum". Aitkin County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Log Museum". Aitkin County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Paul Bunyan Historical Society & Museum". City of Akeley. 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Alexander Faribault House". Rice County Historical Society. 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Alexander Ramsey House". Minnesota Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Amador Heritage Center". Amador Township, Minnesota. 2007. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Art@UST". University of St. Thomas. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "American Swedish Institute". American Swedish Institute. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "About RAHS". Rockford Area Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "The Granite Falls Historical Society". Granite Falls Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "History Center Museum". Anoka County Historical Society. 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Ard Godfrey House". The Woman's Club of Minneapolis. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Arv Hus Museum". Milan, Minnesota. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Atwater Area Historical Society and Museum". Willmar Lakes Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. 2009. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "About the Galleries". Augsburg College. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "August Schell Brewery". New Ulm Chamber & CVB. 2017. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "About Us". The Bakken Museum. 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "About Us". Richfield Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "The Original Baseball Hall of Fame Museum of Minnesota". Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Becker County Historical Society and Museum". Minnesota's Historic Northwest. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "About the Bell Museum". University of Minnesota. 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "The Beltrami County Historical Society". Beltrami County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "About Us". Benton County Historical Society and Museum. 2011. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Official site". Benton County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Museums". Todd County. 2011. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Bertha Museum". City of Bertha. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Betsy-Tacy Houses". Betsy-Tacy Society. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Tundel, Nikki (2013-05-20). "Meet 'Big Honza,' Montgomery, Minnesota's 12-foot Czech folk hero". MPR News. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "Big Stone County Museum". Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "Museum". Blue Earth County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Heritage Museum Program Information". Bois Forte Band of Chippewa. 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Official site". Upsala Area Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Hanson, Krista Finstad (2007). Minnesota Open House: A Guide to Historic House Museums. St. Paul, Minn.: Minnesota Historical Society Press. ISBN 978-0-87351-577-1.
- "Official site". Brown County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Our Museums". Winona County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Cahill School". Edina Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Official site". Cannon Falls Area Historical Society & Museum. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Carlton County Historical Society". Retrieved 2014-08-01.
- "Carver County Historical Society". 2006. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- "Official site". Cass County Museum. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Cass Lake Area History". Cass Lake Area Chamber. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site". Minnesota Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-01.
- "Official site". Morrison County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "Chaska Historical Society". Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Home page". Children's Discovery Museum. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Bewer, Tim; Tricia Cornell (2010). Moon Handbooks: Minnesota. Berkeley, Calif.: Avalon Travel. ISBN 978-1-59880-369-3.
- "Official site". Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Museum Information". Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Official site". Christie Home Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Clearwater Co.". Minnesota's Historic Northwest. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Historic Clinton Depot". City of Clinton. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Cokato Museum & Akerlund Studio". City of Cokato. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing Museum". Commemorative Air Force Minnesota Wing. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Comstock House". Minnesota Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Cook County Historical Museum". Cook County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Cottonwood County Historical Society". Museums of Minnesota. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "Schroeder Area Historical Society". Schroeder Area Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "Crosslake Historical Society". Crosslake Area Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "Museum Exhibits". Crow Wing County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "Dakota City". Dakota City Heritage Village, Inc. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Dassel History Center & Ergot Museum". City of Dassel. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- "Denler Gallery". University of Northwestern – St. Paul. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- "Denler Gallery". Department of Art and Graphic Design. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "The Dinehart-Holt House". Murray County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Home page". Dodge County Historical Society. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "Dorothy Molter, the Root Beer Lady". Dorothy Molter Museum. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "The W.W. Mayo House". The W.W. Mayo House. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Depot Museum". Lake County Historical Society. 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "History". Duluth Art Institute. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Duluth Children's Museum". Duluth Children's Museum. 2012. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Duluth Depot: St. Louis County Heritage & Arts Center". The Depot. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "East Polk Heritage Center". Minnesota's Historic Northwest. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Edna G. Tugboat". Lake County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- "Welcome to the Edina History Museum". Edina Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Edina History Museum". Edina Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Ed's Museum". Museums of Minnesota. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Ed's Museum". RoadsideAmerica.com. 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Eidem Homestead". Brooklyn Park. 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Ely Arts & Heritage Center". Ely Greenstone Public Art. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Facebook site". Ely Winton Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Ely-Winton History Museum". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "End-O-Line Railroad Park and Museum". End-O-Line Railroad Park and Museum. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- "Etta C. Ross Memorial Library Museum". Faribault County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Sites". Nicollet County Historical Society. 2013. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Evansville Historical Foundation". Evansville Historical Foundation. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- "Museum and Archives". Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Welcome". Fagan Fighters WWII Museum. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "What is Farmamerica?". Farmamerica. 2013. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Museums". White Bear Lake Area Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- "Museum Complex". Fillmore County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-17.
- "Finland Minnesota Historical Society". Finland Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-11-01.
- "Finn Creek Open Air Museum". Finn Creek Museum. 2012. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- "Firefighters Hall and Museum". 2012. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "About". Fishing Hall of Fame Minnesota. 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-18.
- "Fitger's Brewery Museum". Fitger's. 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Folsom House". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Forest History Center". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- "Fort Belmont in Jackson, Minnesota". Fort Belmont/JCT Inc. 2014. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Fort Ridgely". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "Freeborn County Historical Museum". Freeborn County Historical Society. 2013. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- "Fridley Historical Center". Fridley Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- "Gallery of Wood Art". American Association of Woodturners. 2010. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Gammelgården Museum". Gammelgården Museum. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- "Gibbs Museum". Ramsey County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Pond-Dakota Mission Park". City of Bloomington MN. 2015. Retrieved 2015-03-20.
- "Facebook site". Gideon and Agnes Pond House. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Gilfillan Estate". Redwood County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "About Glensheen". Glensheen, the Historic Congdon Estate. 2012. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "Goldstein Museum of Design". University of Minnesota. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Goodhue County Historical Society". Goodhue County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- "Gopher State Railway Museum". Gopher State Railway Museum. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "The Gordon Parks Gallery". Metropolitan State University. Retrieved 2015-02-06.
- "Grand Portage National Monument". National Park Service. 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2014-11-01.
- "Grant County Historical Museum and Veterans' Memorial Hall". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Facebook site". Grant County Historical Society & Museum. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Great Lakes Aquarium". Great Lakes Aquarium. 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-20.
- "Greyhound Bus Museum". Greyhound Bus Museum. 2011. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "Grimm Farm Historic Site". Three Rivers Park District. 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "The Gustaf Anderson House History Museum". Chisago County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "About the Haehn Museum". Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "Sites". Nicollet County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-05-05.
- "Hay Lake School and Erickson Log Home". Washington County Historical Society. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "About Us". Headwaters Science Center. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Hennepin History Museum". Hennepin History Museum. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Heritage House Victorian Museum". Heritage Associates. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Heritage Museum and Wind Power Learning Center". City of Lake Benton. Retrieved 2015-05-17.
- "Heritage Village". Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Official site". Hewitt Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Official site". Hibbing Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Exhibition Space". Highpoint Center for Printmaking. 2015. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Hill Annex Mine State Park". Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-26.
- "The Hillstrom Museum of Art". Gustavus Adolphus College. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Early Hinckley". Hinckley Fire Museum. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Chippewa County Historical Society". Chippewa County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Historic Forestville". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Historic Fort Snelling". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "History Center of Olmsted County". History Center of Olmsted County. 2012. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "The History Museum of East Otter Tail County". The History Museum. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "HCSCC @ The Hjemkomst Center". Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "Holz Farm". Eagan Minnesota. 2012. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom House". City of Belle Plaine. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Collections". Hopkins Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Welcome to the Houston County Historical Society!". Houston County Historical Society. 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Hubbard County Historical Museum". Hubbard County Historical Society. 2013-08-03. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Independence Town Hall". Western Hennepin County Pioneer Association. 2008. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "History". International Wolf Center. 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-01.
- "About Us". Iron Range Historical Society. 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Heritage Center". Isanti County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-07-17.
- "Official site". Itasca County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Our HIstory". Jackson Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Facebook site". Jackson County Historical Society - Minnesota. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "James J. Hill House". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Jeffers Petroglyphs". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "John H. Stevens House". JohnHStevensHouse.org. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "Official site". Cook County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- "Minnesota River Center". Joseph R. Brown Heritage Society. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- "J.R. Watkins' House". Plainview Area History Center. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- "Judy Garland Museum®". Judy Garland Museum®. 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- "Julian H. Sleeper House". Julian H. Sleeper House. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Kanabec History Center". Kanabec History Center. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "Museum and Depot". Kandiyohi County Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "History Partners". Chisago County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Nya Duvemala - The Karl Oskar house in Lindstrom, MN". Lindstrom Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Karpeles Manuscript Library Duluth Museum". Karpeles Manuscript Library Museums. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "About the Gallery". University of Minnesota. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Kensington Area Heritage Society". Kensington Area Heritage Society. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- Belanger, Matt (2016-06-24). "Refugees Welcome New St. Paul Museum Highlighting Cambodian History". KSTP. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Kittson County Museum". Minnesota's Historic Northwest. Retrieved 2015-10-08.
- "Our Story & Vision". Douglas County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Koochiching County and Bronko Nagurski Museum". Travel the Heart. National Geographic. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- "Lac qui Parle History Center". Lac qui Parle Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Lac qui Parle Mission". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2015-04-20.
- "Museum Exhibits". Lake of the Woods County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "Lake Superior Railroad Museum". Lake Superior Railroad Museum. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Welcome to LSMMA!". Lake Superior Marine Museum Association. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "The Landing". Three Rivers Park District. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "History". Landmark Center. 2012. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum". Wilder Pageant Committee. 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "About Us". Dakota County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "A Brief History of the LeDuc Historic Estate". Dakota County Historical Society. 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Area Attractions". Le Sueur Area Chamber of Commerce. 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Lincoln County Pioneer Museum". City of Hendricks. 2012. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Official site". Linden Hill Historical Event Center. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Lower Sioux Agency". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Lund-Hoel House". Museum Encompassing Canby Community Area. 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Lyon County Museum". Lyon County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-03-08.
- "Mantorville Restoration Association (MRA)". Mantorville, Minnesota. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "Exhibit Artist Application". Marshall Area Fine Arts Council. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "Online Tours". Martin County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "McIntosh Heritage & Arts Center". Minnesota's Historic Northwest. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "Exhibits". McLeod County Historical Society & Museum. 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "Meeker County Historical Society Museum and Grand Army of the Republic Hall". Meeker County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "About Us". Melrose Area Historical Society. 2013. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Mill City Museum". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "About Us". Mille Lacs County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Millersburg School". Christdala Church Preservation and Cemetery Association. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "About/Location". The Milwaukee Road Heritage Center. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Exhibition Spaces". Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Mission and History". Minneapolis Institute of Art. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Minneapolis Sculpture Garden". Walker Art Center. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- "Minnehaha Depot". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- "About Museum". Minnesota Air National Guard Museum. 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Welcome to the Minnesota Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame Museum". Minnesota Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame. 2007. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Official site". Minnesota Discovery Center. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "About the History Center". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum & Gardens". Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum & Gardens. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- "Minnesota Machinery Museum". Minnesota Machinery Museum. 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "About". Minnesota Marine Art Museum. 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- "Welcome to the Minnesota Masonic Historical Society & Museum". Grand Lodge of Minnesota. 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- "About Us". Minnesota Military Museum. 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "More About the Minnesota Museum of Mining" (PDF). Minnesota Museum of Mining. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Minnesota Music Hall of Fame". Minnesota Music Hall of Fame. 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- Greenslade, Jody. "Minnesota Pioneer Park". Minnesota Pioneer Park. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Minnesota State Capitol". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- Greenslade, Jody. "Minnesota State Public School for Dependent and Neglected Children". Minnesota Orphanage Museum. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Fact Sheet". Minnesota Streetcar Museum. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Museum: The Jackson Street Roundhouse - St. Paul". Minnesota Transportation Museum. 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Minnesota Veterinary Historical Museum". University of Minnesota. 2011. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "Moose Lake State Park". Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Moose Lake Area Historical Society". Moose Lake Area Historical Society. 2015. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- "Mower County Historical Society Main Location". Mower County Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Official site". North American Bear Center. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Museum Exhibits". North Shore Commercial Fishing Museum. 2003. Retrieved 2014-11-01.
- "Official site". North Star Museum of Boy Scouting and Girl Scouting. 2009. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Peterson Station Museum/Visitor Center". City of Peterson. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Pioneer Village - Nisswa Area Historical Society". Nisswa Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Official site". Plainview Area History Center. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Norman County Historical Society". Norman County, MN. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Facebook site". Norman County Historical and Genealogy Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Raptor Ridge Museum". Willmar Lakes Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Red Wing Marine Museum". Red Wing Marine Museum. 2013. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Renville County Historical Society & Museum". Renville County, Minnesota. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Renville County Historical Museum". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "St. James Historical Society & Museum". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Facebook site". St. Peter State Hospital Museum. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Community: History". St. Peter Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Facebook site". Sauk Centre Area Historical Society. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Sauk Centre Area Historical Society". Sauk Centre, MN. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Sinclair Lewis Museum". Sinclair Lewis Foundation. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "The Depot Museum". The Depot Lady. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Sleepy Eye Area Historical Society/Depot Museum". Museums of Minnesota. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Southwest Minnesota State University Art Museum". Southwest Minnesota State University. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Museum of Indigenous Americans Opens April 27". SMSU. April 10, 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Natural History Museum". SMSU. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "History & Heritage". Minnesota State Fair Foundation. 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- "Stearns History Museum". Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Stone House Museum". City of Marine on St. Croix. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Official site". Toddy County Historical Society. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Traverse County Historical Society Museum". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Two Harbors Light Station". Lake County Historical Society. 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- "Heritage". Cannon Falls Area Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Museums". Visit Warroad. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Waseca County Historical Society". Waseca County Historical Society. 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Watonwan County Historical Society". RootsWeb. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Weisman Art Museum". University of Minnesota. 2013-11-02. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "Westbrook Heritage House Museum". Explore Minnesota. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- "Wilkin County Historical Society". Wilkin County, Minnesota. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "S.S. William A. Irvin". Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. 2010. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "Yellow Medicine County Museum & Historical Society". Yellow Medicine County. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Arrowhead Bluffs Museum going soon". StarTribune. Minneapolis. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/02/12/grandmound/ "Minnesota Historical Society closes Grand Mound burial site", February 20, 2007
- http://www.ohwy.com/mn/g/gdnsitta.htm Grand Mound Historic Site - Online Highway article
- James Stitt (March 26, 2014). "Elysian residents concerned over Le Sueur County museum". Le Center Leader. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Le Sueur County Historical Society takes the next step". Le Sueur News Herald. November 25, 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Official site". The Mikkelson Collection, Inc. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
The Mikkelson Collection, Inc. is now CLOSED in preparation of the upcoming auction.
- "The Mikkelson Collection Auction Is Now History – But The Memories Will Last A Lifetime". Woody Boater. May 21, 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Jay Gabler (June 5, 2014). "400 Bar's move to Mall of America begins with the Beatles". The Current. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "St. Peter, Minnesota: Soderlund Pharmacy Museum (Gone)". Roadside America. 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Mike Binkley (December 25, 2012). "Finding Minnesota: The Story Lady's Dolls". CBS (WCCO). Retrieved 2015-06-30.
- http://www.traces.org/historycenter-closing/historycenter-closing.html Closing Press Releases
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museums in Minnesota.|