List of mushroom dishes
This is a list of notable mushroom dishes and foods, comprising foodstuffs prepared using mushrooms as a primary ingredient.
- Ciulama – mainly found in Romanian and Moldovan cuisine, this dish is prepared with poultry or mushrooms
- Cream of mushroom soup – simple cream soup prepared using mushrooms
- Diri ak djon djon – Haitian Creole for rice with mushrooms, it is a native dish of Haiti
- Duxelles – finely chopped (minced) mixture of mushrooms or mushroom stems, onions, shallots, and herbs sautéed in butter, and reduced to a paste.
- Mushroom gravy – mushroom-based sauce
- Mushroom ketchup – style of ketchup that is prepared with mushrooms as its primary ingredient. Originally, ketchup in the United Kingdom was prepared with mushrooms, instead of tomato, the main ingredient in contemporary preparations of ketchup.
- Mushroom sauce – often cream-based
- Oysters en brochette – variation of the dish whereby it is prepared with mushrooms on the skewers, rather than bacon, and also with both mushrooms, bacon, chunks of tomato, and/or cubes of cooked ham.
- Sautéed mushrooms – flavorful dish prepared by sautéing mushrooms in butter or oil
- Selsko meso – Macedonian and Balkan pork and mushroom dish
- Stuffed mushrooms – myriad fillings are used in this baked dish
- Veal Orloff – consists of a braised loin of veal, thinly sliced, filled with a thin layer of pureed mushrooms and onions between each slice
Cream of mushroom soup prepared with wild, edible mushrooms
Mushroom gravy atop French fries
Mushroom ketchup in a plastic tub
- Benedict, J.C.; Reigler, S. (2015). The Blue Ribbon Cook Book. University Press of Kentucky. p. 44. ISBN 978-0-8131-5988-1.
- The Hotel/motor Hotel Monthly. Clissold Publishing Company. 1913. p. 86.
- James Beard (1994). James Beard's New Fish Cookery. Little, Brown and Company. pp. 429–430. ISBN 0316085006.