List of new media art festivals
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of festivals dedicated to new media art.
The ISEA International Symposium on Electronic Art is an annual event consisting of a symposium on issues related to electronic art and an exhibition in a festival format. Each year, the symposium is hosted by a different organization and country. The most recent festivals were:
- ISEA2018 in Durban, South Africa
- ISEA2017 in Manizales, Colombia
- ISEA2016 in Hong Kong,
- ISEA2015 in Vancouver,
- ISEA2014 in Dubai,
- ISEA2013 in Sydney.
The CYFEST is one of the largest international media art festivals, that was founded in St. Petersburg in 2007 by independent artists and curators. Over the years, the festival has invited artists from Russia, USA, Germany, Japan, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Finland, Italy, the Philippines and other countries. The most recent festivals were:
- 10th CYFEST in Bogota, Colombia (October, 27-30 2016) 
- 10th CYFEST in Moscow (November 16, 2016 and July, 2017) 
- 10th CYFEST in New York (December, 01-30 2016) 
- 10th CYFEST in Saint-Petersburg (January, 25 – February, 07 2017) 
- Beijing 798 Art Festival is celebrated at the end of every September.
- China International Gallery Exposition is an annual art exhibition that showcases modern art and design.
- Clockenflap is an annual multimedia arts festival in Hong Kong.
- Microwave International New Media Arts Festival is an annual international media art festival.
- Japan Media Arts Festival is an annual festival held by Japan's Agency for Cultural Affairs since 1997.
- Festival Les Instants Vidéo is one of the oldest international video art festival in the world (1988). Based in Marseilles, it is a festival representative of the large diversity of video and digital creations, including screenings, exhibitions of installations, performances which showcase combinations of dance, music, and poetry.
- Athens Digital Arts Festival is an international festival, based in Athens, which celebrates digital culture through an annual gathering bringing together a global community of artists and audiences.
- Video Art Miden is an international festival based in Kalamata focusing on contemporary video art. Founded in 2005, it presents all genres of video art, including animation, video dance and video performance. It also organizes or co-organizes screening events and video art exhibitions in other cities of Greece and abroad.
- The SEQUENCES real-time art festival is held in the capital of Iceland, Reykjavik. Its emphasis is time-based work, performance, sound art, video and music. The aim of the annual independent art festival is to celebrate and exhibit cutting-edge visual art with a special emphasis on art in public/urban spaces.
- Netmage is an international festival dedicated to electronic art curated by Xing and produced annually in the city of Bologna as a multidisciplinary program of works, investigating and promoting contemporary audiovisual research.
- Print Screen Festival is an annual film and new media art festival initiated in 2010 and taking place in the Holon Cinematheque.
- Centras international multimedia arts and music festival for video, sound and live audiovisual artists. Organised every spring in Kaunas city.
- Amsterdam Film eXperience – AFX is an international festival for (short) film, new media and cross-over in Amsterdam.
- GOGBOT – GOGBOT is an annual international festival for new media art, presented by PLANETART in Enschede. Since 1998.
- Resonate brings together artists, designers and educators to participate in a debate on the position of technology in art and culture. Held each year in Belgrade-Serbia, the festival provides an overview of current situation in the fields of music, visual arts and digital culture.
- The Influencers, a festival about unconventional art, guerrilla communication and radical entertainment
- Artfutura Digital Art and Culture Festival. Founded in Barcelona in 1990, in the following years it moved to Madrid and Sevilla, coming back to Barcelona in 2001. Alongside the festival, a program of screenings of digital animation films runs since 2002 in a growing number of cities in Spain and South America.
- Sónar Sónar, Barcelona's International Festival of Advanced Music and New Media Art Sonar is a pioneering festival that is unique in terms of its format and content: a leading international benchmark thanks to a carefully assembled range of culture that combines entertainment with artistry, the avant garde and experimentation, featuring the most consolidated artists and trends in electronic music and their interactions and hybridisations with other genres.
- AND Festival One of the leading organisations in commissioning work for digital culture in the UK. Since 2009, AND has commissioned over 80 works from international and UK based artists.
- AV Festival. UK's largest electronic arts festival, featuring exhibitions, film, music and newly commissioned works. It is bi-annual and based in the three main urban centres of the North East of England, NewcastleGateshead, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
- onedotzero festival World's largest digital film festival that encompasses many new media projects, international events, commissioned and produced works. Based in London, with venue home at the [ICA].
- FILE – Electronic Language International Festival is a festival of new media art organized yearly since 2000 in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Elektra Festival is a week-long festival that shows electronic work in Montreal, Quebec.
- FIVARS Festival of International Virtual & Augmented Reality Stories
- Images Festival is the largest Canadian festival for video and media art.
- 01SJ Biennial – The ZERO1 Biennial, distributed throughout Silicon Valley and the greater Bay Area, is North America’s most significant and comprehensive showcase of work at the nexus of art and technology.
- Boston Cyberarts Festival a biennial festival founded in 1999 to celebrate a long tradition of technological and artistic innovation throughout Massachusetts. The Boston Cyberarts Festival showcases artists and high-technology professionals from around the world who use new technology to advance traditional visual and performing arts disciplines.
- The CREATE Festival is a Creative Industries festival celebrating the intersections of creativity and innovation in Pittsburgh, PA
- Currents New Media Festival is an annual New Media Arts festival in Santa Fe since 2002. 
- Digital Graffiti is a digital and interactive art festival held in Alys Beach, Florida. Bringing together technology, architecture and art, Digital Graffiti features artists from around the world.
- Gray Area Festival is a 3 day festival of media arts started in 2015 as an International media arts festival based in San Francisco with art show, daily presentations, workshops and night performances centered at the famous Grand Theater in SF Mission.
- New York Electronic Arts Festival A biennial festival on Governor's Island in New York City.
- IMCexpo The Interactive Multimedia Culture Expo (IMCexpo) is a new media art show and trade show in New York City (2005 IMCexpo held at the Chelsea Art Museum).
- The LA Freewaves experimental new media art festival is online and in Los Angeles art venues featuring local and international artists.
- New Media Film Festival an annual festival held at the Los Angeles Film School honors stories worth telling offering distribution opportunities and awards.
- Recombinant Festival, since 2016, is the festival of surround and experiential media based in San Francisco.
- SIGGRAPH Art Gallery is a curated art gallery exhibition that takes place during SIGGRAPH Conference in Los Angeles. 
- Visual Collaborative A seasonal festivals platform that initially started as a traveling exhibition. Events and exhibitions feature symposium style talks, digital art, technology and live music performances.
- ISEA Web http://www.isea-web.org/. Retrieved 13 September 2015. Missing or empty
- "ISEA2018: INTERSECTION". Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- "ISEA2017 Bio Creation and Peace". Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- "ISEA2016: Cultural R>evolution". Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "ISEA2015: Disruption". ISEA2015. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "ISEA2014: Location". ISEA2014. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "ISEA2013: Resistance is Futile". ISEA2013. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- Template:Www.addisvideoartfestival.net/title=International Video Art Festival
- "China International Gallery Exposition".
- "Microwave International New Media Arts Festival".
- "Japan Media Arts Festival".
- "Les Instants Video Website". Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Alt Party 2013. "Alternative Party 2013: Hospital". Altparty.org. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- http://www.amsterdamfilmexperience.com Archived 31 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Spaceship Earth". Gogbot.nl. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Headquarters | IMPAKT – critical and creative views on contemporary media culture". Impakt.nl. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "TodaysArt Festival 2013". Todaysart.nl. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "News | Sonic Acts Portal". Sonicacts.com. 13 October 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Resonate 2014". Resonate.io. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Inicio". Festivaldelaimagen.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "ELEKTRA | Elektra Festival – BIAN – MIAN". Elektramontreal.ca. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "CREATE Festival shows where art and technology collide". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Recombinant Media Festival 2018". Retrieved 25 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New media art festivals.|