List of newspapers in Maryland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of newspapers in Maryland.
Daily and weekly newspapers (currently published)
|American and Daily Advertiser||Baltimore||1799|
|Baltimore City Paper||Baltimore||1977||2017||Last published by Tronc, Inc.|
|The Baltimore Exchange||Baltimore|
|Baltimore Daily Repository||Baltimore||1791|
|Baltimore Evening Post||Baltimore||1792|
|Baltimore Morning Herald||Baltimore||1900|
|Bartgis's Marylandische Zeitung||Frederick||1785||1789|
|Dunlap's Maryland Gazette, or, The Baltimore General Advertiser||Baltimore||1775|
|Maryland Gazette, and Frederick Weekly Advertiser||Frederick||1790||Became Political Intelligencer, or, Republican Gazette in 1824|
|Maryland Herald, and Eastern Shore Intelligencer||Easton||1790||1799|
|Maryland Journal, and the Baltimore Advertiser||Baltimore||1773|
|Palladium of Freedom||Baltimore||1787||1787|
|Republican Star, or, Eastern Shore Political Luminary||Easton||1799||Became Easton Star in 1843|
|The Gazette (Maryland)||Germantown, Silver Spring/Takoma Park, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, Potomac, Burtonsville, Wheaton, Rockville, Olney, Damascus, Largo, Hyattsville, College Park, Upper Marlboro, Bowie, Landover, Laurel, Clinton, Mount Airy and Sykesville/Eldersburg||1959||2015||Last published by Nash Holdings|
- List of newspapers in Maryland in the 18th century
- Ethnic press in Baltimore
- Maryland media
- Maryland literature
- Fake news websites in the United States
- "U.S. Daily Newspapers, 2012". World Almanac and Book of Facts 2014. USA: World Almanac Books. ISSN 0084-1382. via Google Books
- "Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- Tronc, Inc., 2016 Annual Report, Chicago, Illinois
- Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Locations: Maryland, Montgomery, Alabama, retrieved March 27, 2017
- GateHouse Media, LLC, Our Markets: Maryland, Pittsford, New York, retrieved March 27, 2017
- Gannett Co., Inc., Our Brands: Maryland, McLean, Virginia, retrieved March 27, 2017
- "US Newspaper Directory: Maryland". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Maryland". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475. (+ List of titles 50+ years old)
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Maryland", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "Maryland". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 397+.
- John Van Ness Ingram (1912). "Maryland". Check List of American Eighteenth Century Newspapers in the Library of Congress. pp. 24+.
- Clarence S. Brigham (April 1915). "Bibliography of American newspapers, 1690-1820: part 3: Maryland to Massachusetts (Boston)". Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society. 25 (1): 128–293.
- "Maryland". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 401+ – via HathiTrust.
- George C. Keidel. The Earliest German Newspapers of Baltimore: An Essay. Washington: Privately printed, 1927
- Federal Writers' Project (1940), "The Press", Maryland: a Guide to the Old Line State, American Guide Series, New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 107+ – via Google Books
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Maryland.|
- "Maryland Room Reference Links: Newspapers". Guides. University of Maryland Libraries.
- "News: Newspapers: Regional: United States: Maryland". DMOZ. AOL. (Directory ceased in 2017)
- "Maryland Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Northeast". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes Maryland newspapers)
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: Maryland". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "Maryland". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.
- "Maryland". Eighteenth-Century American Newspapers in the Library of Congress. Library of Congress.
- "Maryland". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "Maryland Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on November 16, 1999.
- "United States: Maryland". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 19, 2001.