List of newspapers in Mississippi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of newspapers in Mississippi.
Daily and nondaily newspapers (currently published)
- The Black Sheep - student newspaper of the University of Mississippi
- The Daily Mississippian – student newspaper of the University of Mississippi
- The Reflector – student newspaper of Mississippi State University
- The Mississippi Collegian - student newspaper of Mississippi College
- Mississippi media
- Mississippi literature
- Fake news websites in the United States
- List of newspapers in the United States
- List of defunct newspapers of the United States
- List of newspapers in the United States by circulation
- Mississippi Press Association. "Non-Daily Newspapers". Jackson: Mississippi Press Services. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- Gannett Co., Inc., Our Brands: Mississippi, McLean, Virginia, retrieved March 27, 2017
- Mississippi Press Association. "Daily Newspapers". Jackson: Mississippi Press Services. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Locations: Mississippi, Montgomery, Alabama, retrieved March 27, 2017
- "Newspapers & Publications". City of Natchez. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- "Our Markets". Sacramento, California: McClatchy Company. Retrieved March 26, 2017.
- "School of Mass Communication and Journalism". Hattiesburg: University of Southern Mississippi. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- I. Patridge (1860). "Press of Mississippi: Historical Sketch". De Bow's Review. 29.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Mississippi". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475.
- Proceedings of the Mississippi Press Association, 1885 (1866-1884)
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Mississippi", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- Thomas McAdory Owen (1900), "Bibliography of Mississippi", Report of the American Historical Association for 1899, p. 777 – via HathiTrust,
- "Mississippi". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 524+ – via HathiTrust.
- Dunbar Rowland, ed. (1907), "Newspapers", Encyclopedia of Mississippi History, 2, Madison, Wisconsin: S. A. Brant, p. 333
- "Mississippi". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 511+.
- Works Progress Administration (1942). Mississippi newspapers, 1805-1940: a preliminary union list of Mississippi newspaper files available in county archives, offices of publishers, libraries, and private collections in Mississippi – via HathiTrust.
- Thomas D. Clark (1948). Southern Country Editor. Bobbs-Merrill. OCLC 525858. (Includes information about weekly rural newspapers in Mississippi)
- Julius Eric Thompson (1993), The Black Press in Mississippi, 1865-1985, Gainesville: University Press of Florida, ISBN 0813011744
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Mississippi.|
- "US Newspaper Directory: Mississippi". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress.
- "News: Newspapers: Regional: United States: Mississippi". DMOZ. AOL. (Directory ceased in 2017)
- "Mississippi Newspapers on Microfilm". Mississippi State University Libraries.
- "Mississippi Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- University of Florida. "Mississippi". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.
- "Mississippi". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "United States: Mississippi". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 19, 2001.
- "Mississippi Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on November 16, 1999.