List of newspapers in Rhode Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of newspapers in Rhode Island.
- The Brown Daily Herald of Providence, owned independently, covering Brown University
- The Call of Woonsocket, owned by RISN Operations, covering northern Providence County
- Kent County Daily Times of West Warwick, owned by RISN Operations, covering most of Kent County
- The Newport Daily News of Newport, owned by GateHouse Media, covering most of Newport County
- The Providence Journal of Providence, owned by GateHouse Media, covering all of Rhode Island
- The Times of Pawtucket, owned by RISN Operations, covering eastern Providence County
- The Westerly Sun of Westerly, owned by RISN Operations, covering western Washington County
Weekly newspapers (by owner)
Monthly or bi-monthly newspapers
- Jewish Rhode Island, published monthly and owned by the Jewish Alliance of Rhode Island. Based in Providence, but covering the entire state.
- Mercury, published monthly and owned by Gatehouse Media. An alternative weekly-style paper covering arts, entertainment and food in Newport and Middletown.
Newspapers published in Newport, Rhode Island:
- The Companion; and Commercial Centinel. W., May 2-Sept. 8, 1798.
- Gazette Francoise. W., Nov. 17, 1780-Jan. 2, 1781.
- The Guardian Of Liberty. W., Oct. 3-Dec. 27, 1800+
- The Newport Gazette. W., Jan. 16, 1777-Oct. 6, 1779.
- The Newport Herald. W., Mar. 1, 1787-Sept. 17, 1791.
- The Newport Mercury. W., S.W, Jan. 30, 1759-Dec. 30, 1800+
- The Newport Mercury, Or, The Weekly Advertiser. W., June 19, 1758-Jan. 23, 1759.
- The Rhode-Island Gazette. W., Sept. 27, 1732- Mar. 24, 1733.
- Rhode Island Museum. W., July 7-Dec. 29, 1794.
- Weekly Companion. W., Apr. 27-July 20, 1799.
- Weekly Companion; and the Commercial Centinel. W., Sept. 15, 1798-Apr. 20, 1799.
Newspapers published in Providence, Rhode Island:
- The American Journal and General Advertiser. W., S.W., Mar. 18, 1779-Aug. 29, 1781.
- Manufacturers and Farmer's Journal, Semiweekly, May 1, 1848-Dec. 30, 1907
- The Providence Gazette. W., Jan. 10, 1795-Dec. 27, 1800+
- The Providence Gazette, and Country Journal. W., Oct. 20, 1762-Jan. 3, 1795.
- The Providence Journal, and Town and Country Advertiser. W., Jan. 2, 1799-Dec. 31, 1800+
- State Gazette, and Town and Country Advertiser. S.W., Jan. 4-July 2, 1796.
- The United States Chronicle. W., Feb. 21, 1793- Dec. 25, 1800+
- The United States Chronicle: Political, Commercial, Historical. W., Jan. 1, 1784-Feb. 14, 1793.
- The Providence Phoenix, 1978 - Oct. 17, 2014
Newspapers published in Warren, Rhode Island:
- Herald of the United States. W., Jan. 14, 1792-Dec. 26, 1800+
- "Eighteenth-Century American Newspapers in the Library of Congress: Rhode Island". Library of Congress. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- Evans, Charles (1905). American Bibliography: 1751-1764. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- LCCN sn83-21620 – Manufacturers and Farmer's Journal
- Thomas, Isaiah (1874). History of printing in America, 2nd ed. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- Van Ness Ingram, John (1912). A Check List of American Eighteenth Century Newspapers in the Library of Congress. Retrieved 2010-10-21.
- Winship, George Parker (Oct 1914). "Newport newspapers in the eighteenth century". Bulletin of the Newport Historical Society. Retrieved 2010-10-22.