List of newspapers in West Virginia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of newspapers in West Virginia, sorted by location.
Daily and nondaily newspapers
|Title||Locale||Year est.||Year ceased||Frequency|
|Virginia Argus and Hampshire Advertiser||Romney||1850||1861||Nondaily|
- West Virginia media
- West Virginia literature
- Fake news websites in the United States
- Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Locations: West Virginia, Montgomery, Alabama, retrieved April 10, 2017
- Harold Malcolm Forbes. "Newspapers". West Virginia Encyclopedia. Charleston, WV: West Virginia Humanities Council. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- Ogden Newspapers Inc., Locations: West Virginia, Wheeling, WV, retrieved March 27, 2017
- GateHouse Media, LLC, Our Markets: West Virginia, Pittsford, New York, retrieved March 27, 2017
- "US Newspaper Directory: West Virginia". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "Pitt School of Journalism and Mass Communications". Huntington, WV: Marshall University. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: West Virginia". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475.
- "West Virginia". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 1084+ – via HathiTrust.
- "West Virginia". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 1043+.
- Federal Writers' Project (1941), "Newspapers", West Virginia: A Guide to the Mountain State, American Guide Series, New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 112+ – via Google Books
- Otis K. Rice (July 1953). "West Virginia Printers and their Work, 1790-1830". West Virginia History. West Virginia Historical Society. ISSN 0043-325X.
- Delf Norona (1958). West Virginia Imprints, 1790-1863: A Checklist of Books, Newspapers, Periodicals and Broadsides. Moundsville: West Virginia Library Association. OCLC 863601 – via Internet Archive.
- G. Thomas Tanselle (1971). "General Studies: West Virginia". Guide to the Study of United States Imprints. Harvard University Press. p. 886. ISBN 978-0-674-36761-6. (Includes information about newspapers)
- Harold M. Forbes (1981), "The Press and Printing" (PDF), West Virginia History: A Bibliography and Guide to Research, West Virginia University Press
- Harold M. Forbes (1989). West Virginia Newspapers, 1790-1990: A Union List. Morgantown: West Virginia University Library. OCLC 20336545.
- Betty L. Powell Hart (1991). "Spicy Editorials and Fearless Sayings: The Black Press in West Virginia". Appalachian Heritage. 19. doi:10.1353/aph.1991.0120.
- Edgar Simpson (2011). "Pressing the Press". Journalism History. 36. (About newspaper industry in W. Virginia)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of West Virginia.|
- "West Virginia Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- West Virginia State Archives. "Newspapers on Microfilm". West Virginia Division of Culture and History.
- University of Florida. "West Virginia". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.
- "West Virginia". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "West Virginia Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on November 16, 1999.
- "United States: West Virginia". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 18, 2001.