List of newspapers by circulation
This is a list of paid daily newspapers in the world by average circulation. Worldwide newspaper circulation figures are compiled by the International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulations and World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers. This list shows the latest figures that are publicly available through either organisation.
Some figures are disputed; the numbers for Japanese newspapers have been subjected to claims of "oshigami" or exaggeration by over-supplying papers to businesses. Free newspapers are not included in the list.
Top Newspapers by Circulation
|The Yomiuri Shimbun||Japan||Japanese||9101|
|The Asahi Shimbun||Japan||Japanese||6622|
|The Mainichi Newspapers||Japan||Japanese||3166|
|The Times of India||India||English||2836|
|The Wall Street Journal||USA||English||2379|
Worldwide circulation figures for previous years can be seen from WAN-IFRA and IFABC here.
- WAN-IFRA World Press Trends 2014 (Figures available for 2014)
- World Press Trends Database (Figures available from 2014-2010)
- IFABC National Newpapers Total Circulation 2013 (Figures available from 2012-2008)
- Lists of newspapers
- List of newspapers in Australia by circulation
- List of newspapers in Canada by circulation
- List of newspapers in India by circulation
- List of newspapers in the United Kingdom by circulation
- List of newspapers in the United States by circulation
- The Australian: Omens from the shrinking Japanese newspaper business
- Milosevic, Mira (2016). "World Press Trends 2016" (PDF). WAN-IFRA. p. 58. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- "World Press Trends 2016: Facts and Figures". wptdatabase.org. WAN-IFRA. Archived from the original on July 6, 2017. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- Milosevic, Mira; Chishlom, Jim; Kilman, Larry; Teemu, Henriksson (2014). "World Press Trends 2014" (PDF). WAN-IFRA. p. 37. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- "Summaries | World Press Trends Database". wptdatabase.org. WAN-IFRA. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- "National Newpapers Total Circulation" (XLS). ifabc.org. International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification. December 20, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- Some figures are disputed; the numbers for Japanese newspapers have been subjected to claims of "oshigami" or exaggeration by over-supplying papers to businesses.