List of nicknames used by Donald Trump
United States president, businessman, and television personality Donald Trump became widely known during the 2016 United States presidential election and his subsequent presidency for using nicknames to criticize or otherwise express commentary about foreign leaders, media figures, and politicians.[a]
The list excludes commonly used nicknames such as "Mike" for "Michael" or "Steve" for "Stephen". Nicknames that are not original to Trump are annotated with footnotes.
|Mr. Brexit||Donald Trump||45th president of the United States, businessman, and former presenter of The Apprentice|
|Your Favorite President|
Domestic political figures
|Dumbo||Randolph "Tex" Alles||Director of the United States Secret Service|
|1 Percent Biden||Joe Biden||47th vice president of the United States, former U.S. senator from Delaware, former chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate|
|Crazy Joe Biden|
|Sleepy Joe / SleepyCreepy Joe|
|Swampman Joe Biden|
|Little Michael Bloomberg||Michael Bloomberg||Businessman, engineer, author, politician, philanthropist and 108th mayor of New York City|
|Da Nang Richard / Da Nang Dick||Richard Blumenthal||U.S. senator from Connecticut, 23rd attorney general of Connecticut|
|Gov. Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown[b]||Jerry Brown||34th and 39th governor of California, 31st attorney general of California, former secretary of state of California, 6th chair of the California Democratic Party|
|Bush Original||George H. W. Bush||41st President of the United States, 43rd Vice President of the United States, former Director of Central Intelligence|
|Low Energy Jeb||Jeb Bush||43rd Governor of Florida, 2016 Republican presidential candidate|
|Boot-Edge-Edge[c]||Pete Buttigieg||Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate|
|Alfred E. Neuman|
|Sleepin' Bob Casey||Bob Casey||U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania|
|Wild Bill||Bill Clinton||42nd President of the United States, 40th and 42nd Governor of Arkansas, 50th Attorney General of Arkansas, former Chair of the National Governors Association|
|Crooked Hillary||Hillary Clinton||Former First Lady of Arkansas, Former First Lady of the United States, former U.S. Senator from New York, former U.S. Secretary of State, 2016 Democratic presidential nominee|
|Leakin' / Lying / Leakin' Lyin' James Comey||James Comey||Former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation fired by Trump, former United States Deputy Attorney General, former United States Acting Attorney General|
|Sanctimonious James Comey|
|Slimeball James Comey|
|Slippery James Comey|
|Shady James Comey|
|Liddle' Bob Corker||Bob Corker||Former U.S. Senator from Tennessee, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee|
|Lyin' Ted||Ted Cruz||Former Solicitor General of Texas, U.S. Senator from Texas, 2016 Republican presidential candidate|
|Hightax Andrew Cuomo||Andrew Cuomo||56th Governor of New York, 64th Attorney General of New York, former United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development|
|Sleepin' Joe||Joe Donnelly||Former U.S. Senator from Indiana, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Indiana|
|Dicky Durbin||Dick Durbin||U.S. Senator from Illinois, Senate Minority Whip and Deputy Senate Democratic Leader|
|Sneaky Dianne Feinstein||Dianne Feinstein||U.S. Senator from California, former Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, 38th Mayor of San Francisco|
|Leaking Dianne Feinstein|
|Jeff Flakey||Jeff Flake||Former U.S. Senator from Arizona, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona|
|Rejected Senator Jeff Flake|
|Al Frankenstein||Al Franken||Former U.S. Senator from Minnesota|
|Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand||Kirsten Gillibrand||Junior United States Senator from New York, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate|
|Puppet Jones||Doug Jones||U.S. Senator from Alabama|
|1 for 38 / 1 for 41 / 1 for 44[d]||John Kasich||69th Governor of Ohio, 2016 Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. Representative from Ohio's 12th district.|
|Lamb the Sham||Conor Lamb||Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania|
|Honest Abe[e]||Abraham Lincoln||16th President of the United States|
Wacky and Deranged Omarosa
|Omarosa Manigault Newman||Former Apprentice contestant, aide to President Trump|
|Mad dog[f] / Moderate dog||James Mattis||26th Secretary of Defense|
|Evan McMuffin||Evan McMullin||Former CIA Operations Officer, 2016 Independent presidential candidate|
|Highly Conflicted Bob Mueller||Robert Mueller||Former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Head of Special Counsel investigation into the Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections|
|Fat Jerry||Jerry Nadler||U.S. Representative from New York's 10th congressional district, Chair of the Committee on the Judiciary|
|Cheatin' Obama||Barack Obama||44th President of the United States, former U.S. Senator from Illinois, former Illinois State Senator|
|High Tax, High Crime Nancy Pelosi||Nancy Pelosi||Speaker of the United States House of Representatives|
|MS-13 Lover Nancy Pelosi|
|Wacky Jacky||Jacky Rosen||U.S. Senator from Nevada, former U.S. Representative from Nevada's 3rd congressional district|
|Mr. Peepers (denied by Trump)||Rod Rosenstein||United States Deputy Attorney General|
|Little Marco||Marco Rubio||U.S. Senator from Florida, 2016 Republican presidential candidate, former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives|
|Crazy Bernie||Bernie Sanders||U.S. Senator from Vermont, 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate|
|The Nutty Professor|
|Little/Liddle Adam Schiff/Schitt||Adam Schiff||U.S. Representative for California's 28th congressional district, Chair of the House Intelligence Committee|
|Sleazy Adam Schiff|
|Cryin' Chuck||Chuck Schumer||U.S. Senator from New York, Senate Minority Leader, former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from New York|
|Fake Tears Chuck Schumer|
|Head Clown Chuck Schumer|
|High Tax Schumer|
|Mr. Magoo (denied by Trump)||Jeff Sessions||Former United States Attorney General, former U.S. Senator from Alabama, former Attorney General of Alabama|
|Dumb Southerner (denied by Trump)|
|Big Luther[g]||Luther Strange||Former U.S. Senator from Alabama, 47th Attorney General of Alabama|
|Dumb as a rock||Rex Tillerson||69th United States Secretary of State, former CEO of Exxon Mobil|
|Goofy Elizabeth Warren||Elizabeth Warren||U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, former Chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate|
|Snowman/Snowwoman||Amy Klobuchar||U.S. Senator from Minnesota, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate; announced her candidacy for President while standing outside in a blizzard|
|Crazy Maxine Waters||Maxine Waters||U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district, Chair of the House Financial Services Committee|
|Low-IQ Maxine Waters|
|Wacky Congresswoman Wilson||Frederica Wilson||U.S. Representative for Florida's 24th congressional district|
|Animal Assad||Bashar al-Assad||President of Syria|
|Cuban puppet||Nicolás Maduro||President of Venezuela|
|Dopey Prince||Al-Waleed bin Talal||Saudi businessman, investor, philanthropist, and a Prince in the Saudi royal family|
|Rocket Man / Little Rocket Man||Kim Jong-un||Supreme Leader of North Korea|
|Juan Trump||Andrés Manuel López Obrador||President of Mexico|
|Mad Alex||Alex Salmond||Former First Minister of Scotland and Scottish independence supporter|
|Justin from Canada||Justin Trudeau||23rd Prime Minister of Canada|
|Crazy Jim Acosta||Jim Acosta||CNN Chief White House Correspondent, former CNN National Political Correspondent|
|Sloppy Steve||Steve Bannon||2016 Trump campaign CEO, former Trump Administration White House Chief Strategist, Executive Chairman of Breitbart News|
|Wacky Glenn Beck||Glenn Beck||Talk show host|
|Irrelevant Glenn Beck|
|Failing Glenn Beck|
|No Talent Samantha Bee||Samantha Bee||Comedian, host of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee|
|Dopey CNN Flunky||Paul Begala||American political consultant and political commentator, former political adviser to President Bill Clinton|
|Sloppy Carl Bernstein||Carl Bernstein||Former Washington Post journalist, co-author of initial reporting on the Watergate scandal|
|Tom "marbles in his mouth" Brokaw||Tom Brokaw||American television journalist and author|
|Dope Frank Bruni||Frank Bruni||Journalist and writer for The New York Times|
|Dumb as a Rock Mika||Mika Brzezinski||Co-host of Morning Joe|
|Low I.Q. Crazy Mika|
|Sloppy Graydon Carter||Graydon Carter||Canadian journalist who served as the editor of Vanity Fair from 1992 until 2017|
|The Guy on CBS||Stephen Colbert||Host of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert|
|Wacky nut job||Ann Coulter||American conservative commentator and author|
|A broken down hack||Michael D'Antonio||Author, journalist, and commentator on CNN|
|Little Donny Deutsch||Donny Deutsch||Talk show host|
|Crazy Maureen Dowd||Maureen Dowd||Author and columnist for The New York Times|
|Crooked H Flunkie||Maggie Haberman||White House correspondent for The New York Times and CNN political analyst|
|Crazy Megyn||Megyn Kelly||Former Fox News anchor, Former NBC News anchor/personality|
|Failed prognosticator Bill Kristol||Bill Kristol||Neoconservative political analyst and supporter of the Never Trump Movement|
|Sour Lemon||Don Lemon||CNN news anchor|
|The Dumbest Man on Television|
|Sloppy Michael Moore[h]||Michael Moore||American documentary filmmaker, activist and author|
|Mr. Kurd||Rahim Rashidi||Kurdish reporter for Kurdistan TV|
|Psycho Joe / Morning Psycho||Joe Scarborough||Co-host of Morning Joe|
|Little George||George Stephanopoulos||Chief anchor and chief political correspondent of ABC News, former White House Communications Director and Senior Advisor to President Bill Clinton|
|Little Wise Guy|
|Dopey Sugar||Alan Sugar||British businessman and host of The Apprentice|
|Sleepy Eyes||Chuck Todd||Moderator of Meet the Press|
|Little Katy||Katy Tur||Correspondent for NBC News|
|Little Jeff Zucker||Jeff Zucker||President of CNN Worldwide|
|Dopey Mort Zuckerman||Mortimer Zuckerman||Media proprietor, investor, and owner of the New York Daily News|
|Fake ABC News||ABC News||News network|
|Clinton News Network||CNN||News channel (Cable News Network)|
|Fake News CNN|
|Very Fake News|
|Democrat Party[i]||Democratic Party||Major U.S. political party|
|Radical Left Democrats|
|Deface the Nation||Face the Nation||News show|
|Morning Psycho (Joe)||Morning Joe||Morning news and talk show|
|Animals||MS-13||International criminal gang active primarily in North America|
|Liberal Fake News NBC||NBC News||News network|
|Failing New York Times||The New York Times||Newspaper|
|Fake News New York Times|
|Corrupt New York Times|
|Amazon Washington Post||The Washington Post||Newspaper|
|Fake News Washington Post|
|Pathetic and dishonest Weekly Standard||Weekly Standard||American opinion magazine|
|Corrupt News Media||Mainstream media publications|
|Enemy of the American People|
|Fake News Media|
|Mainstream Fake Media|
|Radical Left Wing Media|
|13 hardened Democrats /
13 Angry Democrats /
17 Angry Democrats /
Angry Democrat Thugs
|Attorneys working on Robert Mueller's investigation of potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.|
Thirteen of the seventeen attorneys have been identified in the press as either being registered to vote as Democrats, or as having made contributions to Democratic candidates. Those who have not been identified as such are denoted with a star(★).
|The Pakistani Fraudster||Imran Awan||Former IT specialist for Democratic lawmakers, including U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz|
|The Pakistani mystery man|
|Jeff Bozo||Jeff Bezos||Founder, chairman, CEO, and president of Amazon. Richest man on Earth.|
|Mr. Kellyanne||George Conway||Husband of Kellyanne Conway. The nickname was used in relation to Conway's criticism of the appointment of Matthew Whitaker.|
|Tim Apple||Tim Cook||Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc.|
|Dopey Mark Cuban||Mark Cuban||American investor and television star|
|Horseface||Stormy Daniels||Pornographic actress and Trump's alleged mistress|
|Punchy||Robert De Niro||Actor, producer and director|
|Federal judges of the United States that ruled against Trump|
|Sir Charles||Charles Goldstein||Real estate lawyer, Holocaust victims advocate|
|Marillyn Lockheed||Marillyn Hewson||President of Lockheed Martin|
|Goofball Atheist Penn||Penn Jillette||Magician. Appeared on Donald Trump's show, The Apprentice. Was fired by him in the show. Outspoken libertarian, skeptic and an atheist.|
|Miss Housekeeping||Alicia Machado||Miss Universe 1996|
|Washed up psycho Bette Midler||Bette Midler||Actress and singer|
|The Lovely Lisa Page||Lisa Page||Former FBI attorney who engaged in a romantic affair with FBI Counterintelligence Director Peter Strzok, with whom she exchanged various anti-Trump text messages prior to the 2016 presidential election.|
|Ex-FBI LAYER Lisa Page|
|Crazy Dennis Rodman||Dennis Rodman||Former Chicago Bulls basketball player|
|Lowlife Christopher Steele||Christopher Steele||Author of the Steele dossier about Trump's alleged collusion with Russia|
|Wacky Tom Steyer||Tom Steyer||Democratic activist and fundraiser|
|Weirdo Tom Steyer|
|FBI lover boy||Peter Strzok||Former Assistant Director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division who headed the Clinton and Russia investigations|
|Tainted FBI agent|
- List of nicknames used by George W. Bush
- List of nicknames of Presidents of the United States
- Lists of nicknames – nickname list articles on Wikipedia
- Brown has had the nickname "Moonbeam", coined by Linda Ronstadt, since the 1970s, predating Trump's use of the nickname. See McKinley, Jesse (March 6, 2010). "How Jerry Brown Became 'Governor Moonbeam'". The New York Times.
- Boot-Edge-Edge is a mnemonic aid that Pete Buttigieg used to help with the pronunciation of his last name. See Gabriel, Trip (March 28, 2019). "Pete Buttigieg (It's 'Boot-Edge-Edge') Is Making Waves in the 2020 Race". The New York Times.
- The name was in reference to Kasich winning only one state during the Republican primaries.
- Abraham Lincoln has had the nickname "Honest Abe" long before Trump used it. See Marquand, Robert (February 10, 1987). "The Illinois town where 'Honest Abe' earned his nickname". Christian Science Monitor.
- "Mad dog" is not original to Trump. Mattis acquired that nickname during his service in the Marines. See Ward, Alex (September 18, 2018). "From "Mad Dog" to "Democrat": How Defense Secretary Mattis lost Trump". Vox.
- The nickname has been in use since at least 2010. During Strange's U.S. Senate campaign, Trump incorrectly implied that he was the first to use it.
- The nickname was technically applied to Michael Moore's one person show
- Not original to Trump. See the article Democrat Party (epithet) for more details about the use of the term as an epithet.
- Schallhorn, Kaitlyn (October 21, 2017). "Trump's nicknames for rivals, from 'Rocket Man' to 'Crooked Hillary'". Fox News. Archived from the original on November 15, 2017. Retrieved November 15, 2017.
- Schwarz, Sam (December 11, 2017). "Donald Trump bullied CNN anchor Don Lemon, network says after presidential tweet". Newsweek. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Cillizza, Chris (November 27, 2017). "Bully in Chief: Donald Trump proves it again with his 'Pocahontas' attack". CNN. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Cillizza, Chris (October 10, 2017). "Donald Trump is acting like a fifth-grade bully". CNN. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Kraus, Rachel (November 28, 2017). "Trump's called Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' at least 26 times—and it's not OK". Mashable. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
A "nickname" might sound harmless. But as we saw with "Crooked Hillary", Trump's epithetical bullying helps cement lies as truth, painting complicated situations and individuals with one wide, ugly stroke.
- Benen, Steve (March 12, 2018). "Treasury's Mnuchin tries to defend Trump's offensive antics". MSNBC. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Holden Vacanti Gilroy, Rosie (May 12, 2016). "Donald Trump's Nicknames For Everybody He Dislikes, Ranked On A Scale He Would Understand". Bustle. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
Just like the common elementary school bully, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is a big fan of nicknames.
- Krawczeniuk, Borys. "Trump rallies raucous crowd in Wilkes-Barre Twp". Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Donald Trump: Call me 'Mr. Brexit'". CNN. August 18, 2016. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "'Donald Trump's Boast About Being 'Your Favorite President' Goes Awry'". Huffington Post. July 21, 2018. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "'I Am a Tariff Man'". The Wall Street Journal. December 4, 2018. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- Selk, Avi (November 25, 2018). "Trump called himself 'President T.' The Internet filled in the rest". The Washington Post. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- Baker, Peter; Haberman, Maggie; Fandos, Nicholas; Kanno-Youngs, Zolan (April 8, 2019). "Trump Purge Set to Force Out More Top Homeland Security Officials". The New York Times.
- Stanage, Niall (October 3, 2018). "The Memo: What Trump's barbs say about 2020 Dems". The Hill. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Trump attacks 'crazy Joe Biden' after the former VP said he would have 'beat the hell out of' Trump for disrespecting women". CNBC. Associated Press. March 22, 2018.
- @realDonaldTrump (May 10, 2019). "Looks to me like it's going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Trump, Donald J. (May 25, 2019). "North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me, & also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Biden a low IQ individual, & worse. Perhaps that's sending me a signal?". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved May 26, 2019.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (July 29, 2016). ""Little" Michael Bloomberg, who never had the guts to run for president, knows nothing about me. His last term as Mayor was a disaster!" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Concha, Joe (October 1, 2018). "Katy Tur defends 'a few misplaced words' by Blumenthal about Vietnam service". The Hill. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Everett, Burgess; Orr, Gabby (January 29, 2019). "Why Trump is still beefing with 'Da Nang Dick'". Politico.
- Trump, Donald J. (December 8, 2018). "....left and right, he then woke up from his dream screaming that HE LIED. Next time I go to Vietnam I will ask "the Dick" to travel with me!". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- Johnson, Kevin (March 31, 2018). "Trump blasts California Gov. Jerry 'Moonbeam' Brown for pardoning 5 immigrants". USA Today. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Trump referred to George H.W. Bush as 'Bush original'". Business Insider. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- "Trump holds campaign rally in Florida as Democrats warn of "constitutional crisis"". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- Lippman, Daniel; Restuccia, Rew; Johnson, Eliana. "Trump's new nickname for Pete Buttigieg: 'Alfred E. Neuman'". POLITICO. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Olson, Laura (August 3, 2018). "President Trump boosts Loouuuuu Barletta, blasts Sleeping Bob Casey at Wilkes-Barre rally". The Morning Call.
- Dawsey, Josh (April 15, 2018). "Trump assails Comey on Twitter, calls for ex-FBI director to be imprisoned". The Washington Post.
- Graham-Harrison, Emma; Cadwalladr, Carole (March 21, 2018). "Cambridge Analytica execs boast of role in getting Donald Trump elected". the Guardian. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Chotiner, Isaac (June 1, 2016). "No, Donald Trump Is Not Good at Nicknames". Slate. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Sherfinski, David (May 20, 2016). "Donald Trump floats 'Heartless Hillary' nickname for Clinton". The Washington Times. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Engel, Pamela (May 20, 2016). "Donald Trump is trying out a new nickname for Hillary Clinton". Business Insider. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Rupert, Evelyn (June 2, 2016). "Trump reassigns 'Lyin'' nickname to Clinton". The Hill. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Abadi, Mark (September 4, 2016). "Donald Trump is trying Ted Cruz's nickname on Hillary Clinton". Business Insider. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Sheth, Sonam (December 24, 2017). "Trump continues weekend-long Twitter tirade against deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe". Business Insider.
- Feldscher, Kyle (March 18, 2018). "Trump accuses James Comey of lying under oath about anonymous sources". Washington Examiner.
- Trump, Donald J. (December 7, 2018). "Robert Mueller and Leakin' Lyin' James Comey are Best Friends, just one of many Mueller Conflicts of Interest. And bye the way, wasn't the woman in charge of prosecuting Jerome Corsi (who I do not know) in charge of "legal" at the corrupt Clinton Foundation? A total Witch Hunt..." @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Major Developments Possible in Russia Probe". VOA. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Former FBI No. 2 McCabe hits back after being sacked under boss 'Sanctimonious James Comey'". Asia Times. March 17, 2018. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Lavelle, Daniel (April 17, 2018). "From 'Slimeball Comey' to 'Crooked Hillary', why Trump loves to brand his enemies". the Guardian. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- Cohn, Alicia (April 20, 2018). "Trump complains Comey can 'leak and lie' while Flynn was 'totally destroyed'". The Hill.
- Yilek, Caitlin (October 22, 2018). "Trump gives Cruz a new nickname: 'He's beautiful Ted. I call him Texas Ted'". Washington Examiner. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (August 17, 2018). "Which is worse, Hightax Andrew Cuomo's statement, 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, IT WAS NEVER THAT GREAT' or Hillary Clinton's 'DEPLORABLES' statement..." (Tweet). Retrieved August 17, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Watson, Kathryn (May 10, 2018). "Trump blasts 'sleeping', 'swamp person' Joe Donnelly in Indiana, as GOP hopes to scoop up Senate seat". CBS News. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- Cillizza, Chris (April 3, 2018). "The definitive -- and updated! -- rankings of Donald Trump's nicknames for his political enemies". CNN. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Giaritelli, Anna (January 10, 2018). "Nancy Pelosi congratulates Dianne Feinstein on earning a Trump nickname: 'Clearly doing something right!'". The Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Quinn, Melissa (October 6, 2018). "Trump mocks Feinstein over leak of letter accusing Kavanaugh of sexual assault". Washington Examiner. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Graef, Aileen (November 20, 2017). "Trump swipes at Flake on Twitter, calling his career 'toast'". CNN. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Walker, Max (August 29, 2018). "President Trump congratulates McSally on nomination, takes swipe at Jeff Flake". KNXV-TV.
- East, Kirsten (November 16, 2017). "Trump chimes in on Franken sexual harassment, dubs him 'Al Frankenstein'". Politico.
- Shelbourne, Mallory (December 12, 2017). "Trump says Gillibrand begged for donations 'and would do anything for them'". The Hill. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- Silverstein, Jason (December 4, 2017). "The running list of President Trump's nicknames for political rivals". New York Daily News. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Gore, Leada (December 9, 2017). "Trump tweets support for Roy Moore, blasts 'Pelosi/Schumer Puppet' Doug Jones". AL.com. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Chavez, Paola; Stracqualursi, Veronica (May 11, 2016). "From 'Crooked Hillary' to 'Little Marco', Donald Trump's Many Nicknames". ABC. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Potter, Chris (March 10, 2018). "Trump leads rally for Saccone, his own policies". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
Mr. Trump also took shots at the Democratic candidate, Conor Lamb, who Mr. Trump bestowed with the nickname 'Lamb the Sham'.
- Logan, Bryan (July 13, 2018). "Trump claimed he's a more popular president than Abraham Lincoln, who died long before modern polling existed". Business Insider.
I beat our Honest Abe
- Watson, Kathryn (August 13, 2018). "Trump tears into 'wacky' Omarosa, calling her 'vicious' and 'not smart'". CBS News. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Lucey, Catherine; Colvin, Jill (August 14, 2018). "Trump lashes out at Omarosa, calls her 'that dog'". Washington Post. Associated Press.
- Ward, Alex (September 18, 2018). "From 'Mad Dog' to 'Democrat': How Defense Secretary Mattis lost Trump". Vox.
- "'Evan McMuffin': Trump Adopts New Nickname for Former Opponent". Fox News. December 17, 2016. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- Neidig, Harper (December 17, 2016). "McMullin returns fire on Trump for 'McMuffin' diss". The Hill. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "McConnell just said there's no need for a "protect Mueller" bill. Trump already made that look silly".
- Daly, Michael (March 5, 2019). "The Guy Trump Called 'Fat Jerry' Is Chairman Nadler Now". The Daily Beast. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- Pandey, Erica (April 3, 2018). "Trump finally gives Obama a nickname". Axios. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Bunker, Theodore (June 5, 2018). "Trump Hits Pelosi with New Nickname". Newsmax. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Richardson, Matt (May 29, 2018). "Trump slams Democrats, 'MS-13-lover' Nancy Pelosi in Nashville campaign rally". Fox News. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- Kellman, Laurie; Miller, Zeke (May 24, 2019). "Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up". AP NEWS. Retrieved May 25, 2019.
- Meyer, Ken (June 6, 2019). "Trump Gives New Nickname to Nancy Pelosi Ahead of D-Day Ceremony: 'She's a Disaster'". Mediaite. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Griffiths, Brent (June 23, 2018). "In Nevada, Trump goes after 'Wacky Jacky'". Politico.
- Horwitz, Sari; Helderman, Rosalind S.; Dawsey, Josh; Zapotosky, Matt (April 20, 2018). "Sessions told White House that Rosenstein's firing could prompt his departure, too".
- Politi, Daniel (April 21, 2018). "Trump Takes Aim at Washington Post, Denies He Ever Called Jeff Sessions Mr. Magoo". Slate.
- Weiner, Sophie (March 10, 2019). "Trump to RNC Donors: 'The Democrats Hate Jewish People'". Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (November 18, 2018). "So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!" (Tweet). Retrieved November 18, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Savransky, Rebecca (July 24, 2017). "Trump calls top Intel Dem 'Sleazy Adam Schiff'". The Hill.
- "Trump calls House Intelligence chairman Adam Schiff a 'pencil neck' who'd be a horrible golfer". Washington Examiner. March 27, 2019. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Keneally, Meghan (September 13, 2017). "What President Trump has said about Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi". ABC News. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Cohn, Alicia (June 8, 2018). "Trump knocks Schumer's advice after he warns against 'seat of the pants negotiating'". The Hill.
- Choi, David (September 5, 2018). "Trump denied calling Jeff Sessions, or anyone ever, 'mentally retarded' — but old records show he has". Business Insider. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- Koplowitz, Howard (September 22, 2017). "Trump claims he was first to call Strange 'Big Luther'". AL.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Donald Trump calls Rex Tillerson 'dumb as a rock' after critical interview". The Guardian. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "'Her Whole Career is a Fraud': Trump Hits Back at 'Goofy Elizabeth Warren'". Fox News. May 7, 2016. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Levenson, Eric (May 11, 2016). "Elizabeth Warren unimpressed by Trump's 'goofy' nickname: 'Really?'". Boston.com. Associated Press. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Merica, Dan (November 28, 2017). "At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack". CNN. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Hensch, Mark (March 21, 2016). "Trump on Warren: 'You mean the Indian?'". The Hill. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Donald Trump Ridicules Amy Klobuchar for Launching Presidential Campaign in Wintry Minnesota: "She Looked Like a Snowman"". Newsweek. July 15, 2019. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Greenwood, Max (July 3, 2018). "Trump: Waters's 'ranting and raving' will make voters 'flee the Democrats'". The Hill. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- Cummings, William (June 25, 2018). "Trump slams 'low IQ' Rep. Maxine Waters who called for harassment of White House officials". USA Today. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "Trump: Russia will pay big price for backing 'Animal Assad'". Sky News. April 8, 2018. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "This article is more than 1 month old Ditch Maduro or lose everything, Trump tells Venezuelan army". The Guardian. February 18, 2019. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- Lodish, Emily (December 12, 2015). "Donald Trump lashes back at 'dopey' Prince Alwaleed".
- Woody, Christopher. "Trump likes Mexico's new president so much that he apparently calls him 'Juan Trump'". Business Insider. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Tan, Rebecca. "Trump referred to Mexico's incoming leader as 'Juan Trump', former White House official says". The Washington Post. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Brooks, Libby (December 21, 2016). "'Mad Alex': Donald Trump letters abuse Scottish ex-first minister". The Guardian. Retrieved November 15, 2017.
- Lum, Zi-Ann (June 1, 2017). "Trump Called Trudeau As 'Justin From Canada' Twice In One Month".
- Singman, Brooke. "Trump thanks 'Crazy Jim Acosta' after tweet that Schumer 'caved'". Fox News.
- Chaitin, Daniel. "Trump rips 'Sloppy Steve' Bannon, 'phony' tell-all book one hour before it goes on sale". Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (January 23, 2016). "The only reason irrelevant @GlennBeck doesn't like me is I refused to do his failing show - asked many times. Very few listeners - sad!" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (January 23, 2016). "Failing @GlennBeck lost all credibility. Not only was he fired @ FOX, he would have voted for Clinton over McCain" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Schwartz, Ryan (June 1, 2018). "President Trump Asks: Why Aren't They Firing 'No Talent' Samantha Bee?". TV Line. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- Viebeck, Elise (May 18, 2016). "Are you #NeverTrump? You've got to follow this guy on Twitter". Washington Post.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (August 30, 2018). "CNN is being torn apart from within based on their being caught in a major lie and refusing to admit the mistake. Sloppy @carlbernstein, a man who lives in the past and thinks like a degenerate fool, making up story after story, is being laughed at all over the country! Fake News" (Tweet). Retrieved August 30, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Pappas, Alex (December 25, 2011). "Trump's 11 best Twitter insults of 2011". The Daily Caller. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (January 19, 2016). "Dope Frank Bruni said I called many people, including Karl Rove, losers-true! I never called my friend @HowardStern a loser- he's a winner!" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Manchester, Julia (June 29, 2017). "Trump mocks 'low I.Q. Crazy Mika' for 'face-lift'". TheHill. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (October 16, 2015). "Rumor has it that the grubby head of failing @VanityFair Magazine, "Sloppy" Graydon Carter, is going to be fired or replaced very soon?" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Le Miere, Jason (June 25, 2018). "Donald Trump calls Stephen Colbert a 'lowlife', Jimmy Fallon a 'lost soul' during fiery South Carolina rally". Newsweek.
- Forgey, Quint. "Trump fires back at 'Wacky Nut Job' Ann Coulter". POLITICO. Retrieved April 19, 2019.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (January 24, 2019). "Michael D'Antonio, a broken down hack who knows nothing about me, goes on night after night telling made up Trump stories. Disgraceful!" (Tweet). Retrieved January 24, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Papenfuss, Mary. "Trump Goes On Rant Against 'Little Donny Deutsch', Admits It's 'Not Presidential'". Huffington Post.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (September 17, 2016). "Crazy Maureen Dowd, the wacky columnist for the failing @nytimes, pretends she knows me well--wrong!" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Hart, Benjamin (April 21, 2018). "Trump Attacks Comey and Haberman, Goes on Misspelling Rampage". New York Magazine.
- Trump, Donald J. (December 15, 2018). "The pathetic and dishonest Weekly Standard, run by failed prognosticator Bill Kristol (who, like many others, never had a clue), is flat broke and out of business. Too bad. May it rest in peace!". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved December 16, 2018.
- Greenwood, Max (March 2, 2018). "Don Lemon: Trump's nickname for me is 'sour Lemon'". TheHill. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (December 11, 2017). "Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the 'dumbest man on television!' Bad Reporting" (Tweet). Retrieved July 31, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Wang, Amy B. (October 29, 2017). "'I'm your latest distraction': Michael Moore fires back after Trump disses his Broadway show". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Flynn, Meagan (September 27, 2018). "'Hello, this is Mr. Kurd': Reporter wears Trump's moniker proudly". Washington Post.
- "Scarborough embraces Trump's new 'Morning Psycho' nickname on air: 'H…". June 16, 2019. Archived from the original on June 16, 2019.
- Chia, Jessica (August 22, 2017). "Trump mocks 'little' George Stephanopoulos in renewed attack on the media". New York Daily News. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Beresford, Trilby (June 14, 2019). "Donald Trump Calls George Stephanopoulos "A Little Wise Guy" in ABC Interview". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (December 10, 2012). "Dopey Sugar--because it was open all season long--you can't play golf in the snow, you stupid ass" (Tweet). Retrieved June 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- McAfee, Tierney (September 12, 2017). "An Unwanted Kiss from Donald Trump and Taunts of 'Little Katy:' NBC's Katy Tur Dishes on Covering Campaign 2016". People. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
She even got a signature Trump nickname, usually reserved for his most bitter rivals: 'Little Katy.'
- Viebeck, Elise (February 10, 2016). "A visual history of Trump's battle with the N.Y. Daily News". Washington Post.
- Lisa de Moraes (June 20, 2018). "Donald Trump Trash-Tweets ABC News For Botched Chyron Saying Manafort Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter – Update". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'The Clinton News Network is One': Trump Takes Shot at CNN For Being 'Bad at Polling'". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Bowden, John (May 4, 2018). "Trump blasts NBC News after wiretap correction: 'Now as bad as Fake News CNN'". The Hill. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- "'MUST WATCH: President Trump Takes ON CNN Reporter Jim Acosta During Press Conference (FNN)". www.realclearpolitics.com. Retrieved January 16, 2018.
- Abadi, Mark (December 13, 2017). "Trump is using a decades-old strategy to sneakily insult Democrats at every turn". Business Insider.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (January 5, 2019). "Great Tweet today by Tyler Q. Houlton @SpoxDHS on the #FakeNews being put out by @CNN, a proud member of the Opposition Party. @TSA is doing a great job!" (Tweet). Retrieved January 5, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (April 23, 2019). "The Radical Left Democrats, together with their leaders in the Fake News Media, have gone totally insane! I guess that means that the Republican agenda is working. Stay tuned for more!" (Tweet). Retrieved April 23, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "Trump refers to 'Face the Nation' as 'Deface the Nation' – while on the show - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (April 23, 2019). "Sorry to say but @foxandfriends is by far the best of the morning political shows on television. It rightfully has BY FAR the highest ratings, not even close. Morning Psycho (Joe), who helped get me elected in 2016 by having me on (free) all the time, has nosedived, too Angry..." (Tweet). Retrieved April 23, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Fabian, Jordan (May 23, 2018). "Trump on MS-13: 'These are not people, these are animals'". The Hill.
- "Trump Mimics MS-13 Gang Stabbing at Rally: 'These Are the Slicers, They Slice You Up'". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (July 25, 2018). "So sad and unfair that the FCC wouldn't approve the Sinclair Broadcast merger with Tribune. This would have been a great and much needed Conservative voice for and of the People. Liberal Fake News NBC and Comcast gets approved, much bigger, but not Sinclair. Disgraceful!" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (April 23, 2019). "Paul Krugman, of the Fake News New York Times, has lost all credibility, as has the Times itself, with his false and highly inaccurate writings on me. He is obsessed with hatred, just as others are obsessed with how stupid he is. He said Market would crash, Only Record Highs!" (Tweet). Retrieved April 23, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Caralle, Katelyn (May 30, 2018). "Trump blasts 'dishonest' New York Times for estimating 1,000 attended Nashville rally". The Washington Examiner.
- "How Jeff Bezos Reacts to 'Negative' Amazon Articles in the Washington Post". Fortune. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (May 15, 2019). "The Fake News Washington Post, and even more Fake News New York Times, are writing stories that there is infighting with respect to my strong policy in the Middle East. There is no infighting whatsoever..." (Tweet). Retrieved June 6, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Trump, Donald J. (June 15, 2019). "The Corrupt News Media is totally out of control - they have given up and don't even care anymore. Mainstream Media has ZERO CREDIBILITY - TOTAL LOSERS!". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- Stelter, Brian (July 6, 2018). "Trump calls journalists 'bad people' at rally a week after newsroom shooting".
- Fabian, Jordan; Kheel, Rebecca (July 1, 2018). "Trump: 'Dishonest press' won't report terrorist attacks". The Hill. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- McCaskill, Nolan D. (February 17, 2017). "Trump tweets: Press 'is the enemy of the American people'". Politico. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- Manchester, Julia (June 21, 2018). "Trump: Melania's jacket 'refers to the Fake News Media'". The Hill. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (June 23, 2018). "Drudge Report 'OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED THEM IN FOIL' We do a much better job while at the same time maintaining a MUCH stronger Border! Mainstream Fake Media hates this story" (Tweet). Retrieved August 8, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Trump, Donald J. (May 4, 2019). "When will the Radical Left Wing Media apologize to me for knowingly getting the Russia Collusion Delusion story so wrong? The real story is about to happen! Why is @nytimes, @washingtonpost, @CNN, @MSNBC allowed to be on Twitter & Facebook. Much of what they do is FAKE NEWS!". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved May 5, 2019.
- Zapotosky, Matt (March 18, 2018). "Trump said Mueller's team has '13 hardened Democrats'. Here are the facts". Washington Post.
- Bacon, John (May 27, 2018). "President Donald Trump blasts '13 Angry Democrats', Robert Mueller probe in Twitter rant". USA Today. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Morin, Rebecca (August 1, 2018). "Trump calls on Sessions to stop Mueller probe". Politico.
- Wagner, John (August 20, 2018). "Trump calls Mueller lawyers 'thugs' and 'a National Disgrace!'". Washington Post.
- Thomsen, Jacqueline (July 7, 2018). "Trump: 'Rigged' Mueller probe should look into Clinton's emails". The Hill. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Cameron, Dell. "Feds Debunk IT Staffer Conspiracy Theory Pushed by The Daily Caller and Trump". Gizmodo. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Asher Hamilton, Isobel (January 19, 2019). "Donald Trump calls Jeff Bezos 'Jeff Bozo' in mocking tweet". Business Insider.
- Haslett, Cheyenne (November 9, 2018). "Trump hits back at claims by 'Mr. Kellyanne Conway' that acting attorney general appointment is 'unconstitutional'". ABC News. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "'Tim Apple': Donald Trump gets name of tech giant's CEO wrong". The Guardian. March 7, 2019.
- David, Javier E. (September 24, 2016). "Donald Trump hits 'dopey' Mark Cuban, threatens to bring Gennifer Flowers to debate". CNBC. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (October 16, 2018). "'Federal Judge throws out Stormy Danials lawsuit versus Trump. Trump is entitled to full legal fees.' @FoxNews Great, now I can go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer in the Great State of Texas. She will confirm the letter she signed! She knows nothing about me, a total con!" (Tweet). Retrieved October 16, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Kurtz, Judy (June 12, 2018). "Trump hits back at 'Punchy' De Niro". The Hill.
- Cummings, William (November 21, 2018). "US does have 'Obama judges': Trump responds to Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' rebuke". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- Wang, Amy B. (September 24, 2016). "Trump lashes out at 'so-called judge' who temporarily blocked travel ban". The Washington Post. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Trump, Donald (2009). Trump: The Art of the Deal. Random House Publishing Group. p. 8. ISBN 978-0307575333.
- Brimelow, Ben (March 22, 2018). "Trump flubbed the name of Lockheed Martin's CEO, calling her 'Marillyn Lockheed'". Business Insider.
- Katsilometes, John (July 16, 2015). "Of Donald Trump's Twitter onslaught, Penn Jillette says, 'I'm embarrassed to say I like this'". Las Vegas Sun.
- Mayfield, Mandy (September 22, 2016). "Miss Universe strikes back". CNN. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- Prokos, Hayley (June 5, 2019). "Donald Trump takes aim at 'Washed Up Psycho' Bette Midler for tweeting fake quote credited to him". Newsweek.
- Trump, Donald J. (August 11, 2018). ".....Will the FBI ever recover it's once stellar reputation, so badly damaged by Comey, McCabe, Peter S and his lover, the lovely Lisa Page, and other top officials now dismissed or fired? So many of the great men and women of the FBI have been hurt by these clowns and losers!". @realDonaldTrump. Retrieved December 19, 2018.
- Demirjian, Karoun (July 13, 2018). "Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page said to be 'cooperative' during Capitol Hill meeting about anti-Trump texts". The Washington Post.
- Graham, David A. (February 8, 2018). "What the Texts Between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page Show". The Atlantic.
- Mueller, Eleanor (July 11, 2018). "Trump lashes out at ex-FBI lawyer Page". Politico.
- Mayfield, Mandy (July 25, 2018). "Trump in 2014: 'Crazy Dennis Rodman' said I want to go to North Korea, the 'last place on Earth I want to go'". The Washington Examiner. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (August 11, 2018). "The big story that the Fake News Media refuses to report is lowlife Christopher Steele's many meetings with Deputy A.G. Bruce Ohr and his beautiful wife, Nelly. It was Fusion GPS that hired Steele to write the phony & discredited Dossier, paid for by Crooked Hillary & the DNC..." (Tweet). Retrieved August 12, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Sonmez, Felicia; Kane, Paul (October 28, 2018). "Trump mocks Democratic megadonor Tom Steyer, the target of a pipe bomb, as 'stumbling lunatic'". Washington Post.
- Samuels, Brett (March 6, 2019). "Trump: 'Weirdo' Tom Steyer 'all talk'". The Hill.
- Donald Trump [@realDonaldTrump] (December 3, 2017). "Tainted (no, very dishonest?) FBI 'agent's role in Clinton probe under review.' Led Clinton Email probe. @foxandfriends Clinton money going to wife of another FBI agent in charge" (Tweet). Retrieved July 28, 2018 – via Twitter.