List of novellas
This is a list of novellas that have been recognised as the best examples of the genre. A novella is a fiction work longer than a short story but shorter than a novel. It is generally thought to be between around 20,000 and 40,000 words in length.
List of novellas
This list contains novellas that have been recognized as the best examples of the genre. The first table contains those books that are widely considered to be the best, through their appearance on multiple best-of lists. The second table contains other notable novellas, that have appeared on only one best-of list.
- "Novella". Merriam Webster Dictionary. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
a short novel: a story that is longer than a short story but shorter than a novel
- Guest, Katy (19 July 2015). "Novella Award organisers have defined a novel as being a piece of fiction between 20,000 and 40,000 words". The Independent. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Top 10 Novellas". The Novella Award. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "These Amazing Classic Books Are So Short You Have No Excuse Not To Read Them". The Huffington Post. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- Carswell, Beth (2012). "The Best Novellas: Literature's Middle Child". AbeBooks. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Thorsson, Johann (18 June 2012). "The World’s Best Novellas". On Books & Writing. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Haber, Gordon (29 June 2015). "The 20 Best Novellas Ever Published In The History Of Humankind". Thought Catalog. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Novellas by women, about women". Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- Rottenberg, Catherine (2003). "Passing : Race, Identification, and Desire". Criticism. 45 (4): 435–52. doi:10.1353/crt.2004.0025.
- Soumya Jimmy Ghosh, Quora, Book Recommendations: Which are some of the best crime, thriller, mystery, suspense, noir novellas of all time?, Retrieved June 3, 2016
- Benson, Jackson J. (1990). The Short Novels of John Steinbeck: Critical Essays With a Checklist to Steinbeck Criticism. Duke University Press. pp. 143–. ISBN 9780822309949. Retrieved 30 January 2013.