List of novels considered the greatest
(Redirected from List of novels considered the greatest of all time)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of novels considered "the greatest of all time" by multiple experts.[a]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2021)
- "Translating Cultures: Virginia Woolf On Russian Literature". Retrieved 6 March 2021.
- Maugham, W. Somerset (2010). Ten Novels And Their Authors. Random House. ISBN 978-1409058427.
- "WAR AND PEACE. A Historical Novel...Translated into French by A Russian Lady and From the French by Clara Bell. Revised and Corrected in the United States". Retrieved 6 March 2021.
- Zane 2010, p. 37.
- Telegraph Reporters (28 September 2018). "The 100 greatest novels of all time". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Jacob, Debbie (29 September 2012). "Was Anna Karenina the best book ever written?". Trinidad and Tobago Guardian. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
If you've been reading our current SAS Book Club choice, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, you are certainly aware that famous authors such as Russian writers Fyodr Dostoevsky and Vladimir Nabokov named this sweeping, Russian classic as the best book ever written.
- Zane 2010, p. 38.
- = "Don Quixote is the world's best book say the world's top authors". The Guardian.
- Zane 2010, p. 39.
- Zane 2010, p. 44.
- Fournier, Jake (12 December 2008). "The 16 Greatest Books of All Time [1–4]". NYU Local. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- Long, Camilla (26 January 2010). "Martin Amis: 'I'm in a funk'". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
'They've [women] produced the greatest writer in the English language ever, George Eliot, and arguably the third greatest, Jane Austen, and certainly the greatest novel, Middlemarch [...]'
- Zane 2010, p. 41.
- "100 Best Novels". Random House. Retrieved 6 October 2018.
- Freud, S. (1945-01-01). "Dostoevsky and parricide". The International Journal of Psycho-Analysis. 26: 1–8. ISSN 0020-7578. PMID 21006519.
- Zane, John Peder (2010). The Top Ten: Writers Pick Their Favorite Books. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 978-0-393-33986-4.
- Somerset Maugham, William (1954). Top Ten Novels And Their Authors. Random House. ISBN 978-1409058427.