List of international trips made by Kim Jong-un
The following is a list of international trips made by Kim Jong-un during his tenure as Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission and Chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party of Korea. He has made five foreign trips to three countries since he took office as Supreme leader of North Korea in 2011. His first international state visit was to China in March 2018.
The number of visits per country where he travelled are:
Summary of official trips
|Country||Locations visited||Date(s)||Leaders met||Details||Image|
|China||Beijing||March 25–28, 2018||General Secretary of the Communist Party of China Xi Jinping|| Met with China's paramount leader Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang, International Liaison Director Song Tao, Foreign Minister Wang Yi, and members of the Communist Party Politburo.First trip outside of North Korean territory since taking power in 2011. Xi Jinping is the first international leader to meet Kim Jong-un. Classified as an Official state visit.|
|South Korea||Peace House, Panmunjom, Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)||April 27, 2018||South Korean President Moon Jae-in||Moon Jae-in.Met with President|
|China||Dalian||May 7–8, 2018||General Secretary of the Communist Party of China Xi Jinping|| Second meeting with China's paramount leader Xi Jinping within the span of 40 days.Working visit.|
|June 10–12, 2018||Lee Hsien Loong. Met with US President Donald Trump.Held a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister|
|China||Beijing||June 19–20, 2018||General Secretary of the Communist Party of China Xi Jinping||paramount leader Xi Jinping.Third meeting with China's|
Potential future trips
|Country||Locations to visit||Date(s)||Leaders to meet||Details|
|Russia||Moscow||Expected in the fall of 2018||Official visit|
|South Korea||Seoul||By the end of 2018||South Korean President Moon Jae-in||Official visit. During the September 2018 inter-Korean summit, Kim & Moon announced Kim would visit Seoul by the end of the year.|
|United States||Washington, D.C.||TBC||U.S President Donald Trump||Official visit. Possibly during the Seventy-third session of the United Nations General Assembly.|
- List of presidential trips made by Moon Jae-in
- 2017–18 North Korea crisis
- Kim–Xi meetings
- Inter-Korean summits
- April 2018 inter-Korean summit
- 2018 North Korea–United States summit
- North Korean leaders' trains
- Ilyushin Il-62
- "Kim Jong Un Visits China In First Known Departure From North Korea Since 2011".
- Jun, Hyun-suk (March 29, 2018). "China Rolls out Red Carpet for Kim Jong-un". The Chosun Ilbo. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- "Kim Jong-un Invites South Korean Leader to North for Summit Meeting".
- hermesauto (30 April 2018). "Behind-the-scenes stories of 2018 inter-Korea summit unveiled".
- "Kim's Second Surprise Visit to China Heightens Diplomatic Drama".
- Haas, Benjamin (8 May 2018). "Kim Jong-un meets Xi Jinping in second surprise visit to China".
- ZX (May 8, 2018). "Xi Jinping, Kim Jong Un hold talks in Dalian". Xinhua. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- More articles by Zuraidah Ibrahim. "Kim Jong-un due to arrive in Singapore on Sunday afternoon as city state ramps up security | South China Morning Post". M.scmp.com. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Kim Jong Un meets PM Lee ahead of Trump-Kim summit".
- "Trump and Kim Jong Un arrive in Singapore for historic summit". www.washingtonpost.com.
- "Trump meets Kim in Singapore and predicts 'terrific relationship'".
- "朝鲜领导人金正恩6月19日至20日对中国进行访问" [North Korean leader Kim Jong-un visited China from June 19th to 20th] (in Chinese). 163.com. 19 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- 李, 忠发 (19 June 2018). "习近平举行仪式欢迎金正恩访华" [Xi Jinping holds ceremony welcoming Kim Jong-un to China] (in Chinese). thepaper.cn. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "Putin invites Kim to Russia in September". Nikkei Asian Review.
- "Putin Invites Kim Jong-un to Russia in September - National Review". 4 June 2018.
- "Putin invites 'comrade' Kim Jong Un to visit Russia".
- "Vladimir Putin invites Kim Jong Un to Russia in September".
- CNBC (4 June 2018). "Putin reportedly invited North Korea's Kim Jong Un to visit Russia in September".
- Shin, Hyonhee; Kim, Soyoung. "North Korea's Kim agree to inspections in bid to salvage nuclear talks". Reuters. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- "Trump says Kim Jong-un accepted his invitation to the White House (VIDEO)". rt.com.
- "Trump: I'll 'absolutely' invite Kim Jong Un to White House". thehill.com.
- Cha, Victor (12 June 2018). "Trump and Kim Have Just Walked Us Back From the Brink of War". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 June 2018.