List of officials purged and executed by Kim Jong-un
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of officials purged and executed by Kim Jong-un since he came to power in North Korea in December 2011.
- Jang Song-thaek was the Vice Chairman of the National Defence Commission of North Korea until his execution in 2013.
- Ri Ryong-ha was the first deputy director of the Administrative Department of the Workers' Party of Korea and an aide to Jang Song-thaek.
- Jang Su-gil was a deputy director of the Administrative Department.
- Jon Yong-jin was the North Korean Ambassador to Cuba until he was executed in 2013.
- Yang Yong-chol was the North Korean Ambassador to Malaysia until he was executed in 2013.
- O Sang-hon was the deputy security minister in the Ministry of Public Security in the government of North Korea who was reportedly killed in a political purge in 2014. According to sources quoted by the Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo, O Sang-hon was executed by flamethrower for his role in supporting Kim Jong-un's uncle Jang Song-thaek.
- Hyon Yong-chol was the Minister of People's Armed Forces until his execution in 2015.
- Choe Yong-gon was the Deputy Minister of Construction and Building Material Industries until his execution in 2015.
- Kim Yong-jin was the Minister for Education in North Korea until 2016. He was arrested and executed by firing squad for having a "bad attitude" in 2016.
- Keck, Zachary (24 December 2013). "Kim Jong-Un was "Very Drunk" When Executions Began". The Diplomat. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Kim Jong-un 'executes direct relations of purged uncle'".
- "North Korea appoints new ambassador to Cuba - NK News - North Korea News". 18 May 2014.
- "Recalled North Korean ambassador to Malaysia executed as part of purge - Nation - The Star Online".
- Julian Ryall (7 April 2014). "North Korean official 'executed by flame-thrower'". The Daily Telegraph.
- "N.Korea Shuts Down Jang Song-taek's Department". Chosun Ilbo. 7 April 2014.
- "Seoul: North Korea media confirms purging of defense chief". Yahoo News, AP. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "North Korea vice-premier Choe Yong-gon 'executed'". BBC News. 14 August 2015.
- "Safe Space? North Korea Executes Education Minister For 'Bad Attitude'".