List of offshore financial centres
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Several countries and territories have been designated offshore financial centres by notable institutions namely, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Financial Secrecy Index (managed by the Tax Justice Network) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
1 Used to be part of the former Netherlands Antilles, which was dissolved in 2010, and now self-governing territories.
2 Only the Federal Territory of Labuan is designated.
3 Only the Autonomous Region of Madeira is designated.
4 Notably the state of Delaware is well known as a corporate haven due to its business-friendly corporation law.
- FATF Blacklist—List of non-cooperative countries or territories
- List of company registers
- List of countries by tax rates
- "http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2008/050808.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 31 May 2016. External link in
- Tax Justice Network (2013). "Financial Secrecy Index". Tax Justice Network. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "http://www.oecd.org/tax/2013-OECD-SG-Report-to-G20-Heads-of-Government.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 31 May 2016. External link in
- "Offshore Financial Centers (OFCs): IMF Staff Assessments (OFCA) - Sorted by Jurisdiction". Imf.org. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "State of Delaware - Division of Corporations - List Of Authorized Vendors With Direct Web Access". Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- IMF 2000 report on offshore financial centres
- Moran Harari, Markus Meinzer and Richard Murphy (October 2012) "Financial Secrecy, Banks and the Big 4 Firms of Accountants" Tax Justice Network
- Offshore jurisdiction compare