List of onion dishes
Onions are widely used in cooking. They are very versatile and can be baked, boiled, braised, grilled, fried, roasted, sautéed or eaten raw. This list shows dishes and foods in which onion is used as a primary ingredient.
- Blooming onion – consists of one large onion which is cut to resemble a flower, which is then battered and deep-fried
- Cebolada 
- Cocktail onion
- Creamed onion 
- French onion soup
- Fried onion
- Liver and onions 
- Onion cake
- Onion gravy
- Onion powder
- Onion ring
- Onion sauce
- Pickled onion
- Scallion pancake
A blooming onion with dipping sauce
Fried onions in Iran
Onion fritters (Peyaji) are a Bengali dish made with onions
Roasted onion gravy
- Conant, Patricia (2006). "Onion – Culinary Foundation and Medicine". The Epicurean Table. Archived from the original on 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- Leite, D. (2010). The New Portuguese Table: Exciting Flavors from Europe's Western Coast: A Cookbook. Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale. p. pt444. ISBN 978-0-307-88554-8. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Food Supplies and Markets. USDA. Production and Marketing Administration. 1950. p. 10. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- "Martha's Creamed Onions". www.marthastewart.com. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Chavez, Barbara (June 18, 2003). "Diner Staple Is Going Upscale". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Shockey, K.K.; Shockey, C. (2014). Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes for Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs in Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes. Storey Publishing. p. 344. ISBN 978-1-61212-426-1. Retrieved August 22, 2019.