Comparison of online backup services
This is a comparison of online backup services.
Online backup is a special kind of online storage service; however, various products that are designed for file storage may not have features or characteristics that others designed for backup have. Online Backup usually requires a backup client program. A browser-only online storage service is usually not considered a valid online backup service.
Online folder sync services can be used for backup purposes. However, some Online Folder Sync services may not provide a safe Online Backup. If a file is accidentally locally corrupted or deleted, it depends on the versioning features of a Folder Sync service, whether this file will still be retrievable.
|Provider||Win.1||Linux1||Mac1||Android1||iOS1||Encrypted storage||Zero knowledge2||Secure Key Management3||Limited MB plan4||Unlimited MB plan4||$/MB plan4||Unlimited BW 16||Provider||Cloud hosted Net Drive5||Sync7||Autodetect changes12||Public file hosting8||physical media restore9||Server location(s)10||Free online storage (non-trial)13||Maximum per-file size||External hard drive support14||Hybrid Option15||Green Hosting||OpenSaaS|
|Backblaze||Yes||B2 only||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No Company must be given passphrase (to private key) to restore any data.||No||No||Yes||No||No||Backblaze||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States, Europe||10 GB||No limit||Yes||No|
|Backuy||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Backuy||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||France, Poland, Germany||No||No limit||Yes||?|
|Baidu Cloud||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||No||No||Yes||Baidu||Yes||Yes||Yes||China||2 TB||4 GB (Non-member) 10 GB (Member) 20 GB (Super Member). ||?|
|Barracuda Backup Service||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||No fee per computer||No||Yes||Barracuda Backup Service||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||United States, Canada, APAC, Europe||No||?|
|Box||Yes||Partial (no offline sync, access through DAV server)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||Box||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||10 GB||250 MB (Free) 5 GB (Paid)|
|Carbonite||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Partial, optional for Windows only||?||Yes (Business only)||Yes (Home only)||No||Yes ||Carbonite||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||No||4 GB||Yes||Yes|
|CloudMe||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No, but 3rd party apps available||?||No||Yes||CloudMe||Yes||Yes||Yes||Sweden||3 GB||150 MB (Free Accounts) No limit (Premium Accounts)||No Limit||No|
|Comodo Backup||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||Yes (5)||Comodo Backup||No||No||No||United States||No|
|CrashPlan||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes, except for web restore||Yes||Yes, 10TB||No||No||Yes||CrashPlan||No||No||Yes||No||No||United States, Australia||No||No Limit||Yes||No|
|Dropbox||Yes||Does not work on filesystems other than ext4 and btrfs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||Dropbox||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||2 GB||No Limit||No|
|Dropmysite||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||No||Yes||Dropmysite||Yes||Yes||Yes||Global||2 GB||No limit||?|
|Egnyte||Yes||Yes||Yes||Optional||Optional||?||Egnyte||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||No||No limit||?|
|ElephantDrive||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Optional (off by default) ||?||Yes||No||ElephantDrive||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||2 GB||Yes||?||No, Amazon AWS|
|Google Drive||Yes||No, no provider-sanctioned Linux support.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes (Enterprise Only) ||Yes||Yes||Google Drive||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States, Worldwide||15 GB||5 TB||Partial: 34%||No|
|iCloud||Yes||Yes, via Storage Made Easy client||Yes||Yes, via Storage Made Easy client||Yes||Yes||No||?||No||No||Yes||iCloud||?||Yes||?||?|| China for mainland China accounts; 
unknown for others
|1 GB (everyone)  5 GB (Apple users only) ||Yes, 94%||No|
|iDrive||Yes||Yes, but you have to manually run perl scripts.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||iDrive||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||unknown||5 GB||Yes|
|Infrascale||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Optional||Optional||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Infrascale||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica||No||No limit||Yes||Optional|
|Jumpshare||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||Jumpshare||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||United States, Europe||2 GB||250 MB on free, Unlimited on Jumpshare Plus||Yes|
|Jungle Disk||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Jungle Disk||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States, Europe||No||No limit in Backup Vault||Yes||Partial, Amazon AWS or Rackspace Cloud Files.|
|KeepVault||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||?||Yes||No||Yes||KeepVault||Yes||United States||20 GB|
|Livedrive||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||?||Yes||Online Backup only||No||Yes||Livedrive||Yes (paid-only)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||United Kingdom||No||No limit||Yes|
|MediaFire||Yes||Upload only ||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||?||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||MediaFire||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||10 GB||No Limit||No||No|
|MEGA||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Mega Ltd.||No||Yes||Yes, using MEGA Desktop App||Yes||No||Europe, New Zealand||20 GB||No limit||No||No|
|MiMedia||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||MiMedia||No||No||Yes||No||No||United States||7 GB||3 GB||Yes|
|OneDrive||Yes||No, see note||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||OneDrive||No||Yes||5 GB for new users, 25 GB for older users||100 GB ||Partial, 29%||No|
|SpiderOak||Yes||Yes||Yes||Download Only||Download Only||Yes||Yes||?||Yes||Business only (min 10 users)||Yes||Yes||SpiderOak||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||(2 GB free for 60 days only)||No limit||Yes||Yes||No|
|SugarSync||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||No||No||SugarSync||Yes||Yes||Yes (SugarSync account needed for folders)||No||100 MB (web) No limit (client app)|
|Syncplicity||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||Yes||Syncplicity||Yes||Yes||Yes||United States||10 GB|
|Tarsnap||Yes via Cygwin||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||?||No||No||Yes||Tarsnap||No||No||No, Amazon AWS||No|
|Trend Micro SafeSync||Yes||Partial||Yes||Yes, via Storage Made Easy client||Yes, via Storage Made Easy client||No||?||Yes||Trend Micro SafeSync||Yes||Yes||Yes||United Kingdom|
|Tresorit||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Tresorit||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Ireland, Netherlands||3 GB||0.5 GB (free), 10 GB (paid)||Yes||No|
|Unitrends Vault2Cloud||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||?||No||Yes||Yes||Unitrends Vault2Cloud||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||United States||No|
|UpdateStar Online Backup||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||?||Yes||Yes||UpdateStar Online Backup||Europe|
|Yandex.Disk||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||?||Yes||Yandex.Disk||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Russia||10 GB||50 GB|
|Zmanda Cloud Backup||Yes||No||No||Optional||Optional||?||Yes||Zmanda Cloud Backup||Yes||Yes||United States, Europe, Singapore, Japan||No limit||Yes||Yes||Partial, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Storage|
- ^1 Windows/Linux/Mac/iOS/Android/BlackBerry: Supported operating systems for thick client (native binary application), which provide background data transmission and setting services.
- ^2 Zero knowledge: The service provider has no knowledge of the user's encryption key, ensuring privacy of the backup data.
- ^3 Secure Key Management: If yes, the user holds and controls the encryption key. If no, the service provider holds and controls the encryption key.
- ^4 Payment options/plans:
- Limited MB plan: Pay per computer. Additional fee for storage over a threshold.
- Unlimited MB plan: Pay per computer. Storage per computer is unlimited.
- $/MB plan: Pay per unit of storage, but unlimited computers may share that storage.
- ^5 Cloud hosted Net Drive: Cloud can serve storage over WebDAV, SMB/CIFS, NFS, AFP or other NAS protocol, allowing files to be streamed from the cloud. A change made to the cloud is immediately accessible to applications on all clients without needing to pre-download (sync) the file in full.
- ^7 Sync: Synchronization between computers, and/or mobile devices (PDA, MDA,...)
- ^8 Public Internet file hosting
- ^9 Restore via physical media
- ^10 Server location: Countries where physical servers are located. Where the data will be located.
- ^11 Still in Beta version
- ^12 Whether the desktop client (if available) can detect and upload changes without scanning all files.
- ^13 Many backup services offer a limited free plan, often for personal use. Often it is possible to increase the free backup limit through coupons, referrals, or other means that are not included in this column. This column also does not include free trials that are only available for a limited period of time.
- ^14 External hard drive support: Can refer to an alternate backup destination or whether the service can back up external drives.
- ^15 Hybrid Online Backup works by storing data to local disk so that the backup can be captured at high speed, and then either the backup software or a D2D2C (Disk to Disk to Cloud) appliance encrypts and transmits data to a service provider. Recent backups are retained locally, to speed data recovery operations.
- ^16 Unlimited BW: If bandwidth capping or limits are used on accounts.
- Up to five PCs, always incremental backups, remote access from the web
- Data de-duplication; block-level incremental.
- Barracuda Backup Service
- Data de-duplication; real-time hybrid on-site/off-site data back-up.
- No User Limit each User get his ownCloud Instance in an encrypted Storage.
- BullGuard Backup
- 5 PC/license, fast upload speeds, mobile access, encrypted transfer and storage, password-protected settings, free 24/7 support.
- Block-level incremental, Home or Pro editions. iPhone/ Blackberry/ Android App available to remotely access data from the online backup (For Pro: Users of the computer which are backed up, not available for the Administrator of the Pro). Can manually select files to upload that are larger than 4 GB.
- Cloudberry Backup
- Image & File Based backups, data de-duplication, block-level and multiple cloud providers supported.
- Decentralized multi-cloud backup with integrated sharing, sync, backup, and Cloud NAS. Fault-tolerance against failure of a constituent cloud.
- Unlimited destinations. Data de-duplication; block-level incremental. Can run server-free, exchanging backup space with friends and family.
- High-level encryption, personalized encryption key, shared cloud drive, sync folder functionality .
- Dolly Drive
- Cloud storage that is specifically designed for the Mac. Also allows users to store files exclusively in the cloud for seamless access on any computer or mobile device.
- iPhone/Android app available.
- Data de-duplication, delta sync, iPhone/Android/Blackberry app available.
- website backup, database backup, SFTP support, free up to 2 GB.
- Delta sync, Google Docs sync, user and group management
- Auto-transfer from defunct Xdrive.
- [Steek acquired by F-Secure July 2009]
- Humyo was acquired by Trend Micro and will become part of Trend Micro SafeSync. Humyo no longer accepts new clients.
- IASO Backup
- Advanced[clarification needed] data reduction technology. Data de-duplication mechanism. High level[clarification needed] of scalability and cost effectiveness.
- Secure File Share Storage. Proprietary license download client. High level security, SOC 2 TYPE II, ISO 27001,27017, 27018, CSA, PCI, HIPAA, CJIS, EU Model Clauses, on request private servers for FISMA and FedRAMP.
- Proprietary license download client. Automatic Selection. Continuous Data Protection. "Virtual drive" explorer.
- Jungle Disk
- Proprietary license download client sample code.
- Real-time hybrid on-site and offsite data backup.
- Cross-user de-duplication, delta sync.
- Initial seed via a MiMedia-owned external hard drive available (no extra cost, shipping included).
- Data de-duplication; block-level incremental. "Mozy Data Shuttle" physical seeding service available for extra fee.
- Professional Backup for Professional Data.
- Data de-duplication."Zero Knowledge" encryption.
- StoreGrid Cloud
- Byte-level incremental backup, local backup, Disk Image backup—BMR and physical seeding.
- Google Docs sync, Central Management with Business Console.
- TaniBackup (Cheap Backup)
- Up to 10 TB per standard package. Extensible to over 300 TB per single account. Access via SMB/CIFS or SSH (including sftp, scp, rsync and so on). 100 GB for $2 per month.
- Client source available; data de-duplication; block-level incremental.
- Store encrypted data on any WebDAV server; supports working offline; files can be commented; built-in support for conflict resolution.
- Unitrends Vault2Cloud
- Data de-duplication; hybrid on- and off-premises data backup; physical seeding.
- UpdateStar Online Backup
- Data de-duplication; block-level incremental.
- Usenet backup
- Is the method of storing backup data on the usenet.
- Windows Live Mesh
- Replaces windows live sync and windows live folder.
- Zetta Enterprise-grade Online Backup
- Supports Linux, Mac OS, and Windows, high speed WAN optimization, SAS 70 certified data centers.
- Zmanda Cloud Backup
- Available in German and Japanese languages, supports MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, SharePoint, MySQL Database, System State, Oracle.
Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- Supports detailed history of changes to files with browsing by date or version number.
- Old versions of files are kept for 30 days by default; One-year or Forever Retention is optional.
- Keeps old version if versioning app is activated (included in all plans even FREE) until users runs out of storage.
- Versioning is included in paid subscription
- Keeps old versions for up to three months. It keeps one version for each day of the past week, one version for each of the previous three weeks, and one version for each of the previous two months that the file has been backed up. Versioning available for PC computers only; not available for Mac.
- Supports multiple versions less than a week old, one version less than two weeks old, one version less than month old, and one version older than a month.
- Options: All, or staged (daily, then weekly, etc.).
- All previous versions and deleted files are kept until explicitly removed by the user or the user runs out of space. All deleted files and previous versions count towards the storage limit.
- Dolly Drive
- Yes. Keeps unlimited versions of files.
- By default, Dropbox saves a history of all deleted and earlier versions of files for 30 days for all Dropbox accounts.
- Provides incremental backups with the ability to download every snapshot.
- Any number of versions can be kept for any amount of time.
- Google Drive
- Old versions of files are kept for 30 days or 100 revisions. Revisions can be set not to be automatically deleted.
- IASO Backup
- All versions of files can be kept for different periods of time, starting from 1 month to 1 year or more.
- No files are kept after delete, auto delete clears at every 24 hours.
- Up to 10 old versions of files are kept forever (until explicitly removed).
- Old version of files are kept for 30 days. Pro 60 days, Enterprise 90 days.
- Five versions are kept online. In the client it is configurable how many versions to store locally.
- SOS Online Backup (Infrascale)
- All versions are kept. Only the largest counts towards the storage limit.
- All versions are kept. All files can be undeleted.
- Five versions are kept. Only the most recent version of each of existing files as well as deleted files count towards the storage limit.
- Sync.com saves a history of all deleted and earlier versions of files, 30 days for free accounts, indefinitely for premium plans.
- Old versions of files, as well as deleted files, are kept for 30 days. Configurable for business or enterprise-class services.
- All previous versions are kept and can be restored.
- Versioning is included in paid subscription
- Zetta Enterprise-grade Online Backup
- All versions are kept. All files can be undeleted.
Other features and limitations
Other notable limitations or features.
- Baidu Cloud
- Must be registered by verified phone first.
- Performance degrades after 10,000 files in sync folder. Technical limit of 40,000 files in sync folder. Does not sync .tmp files, Outlook PST files, hidden files (hidden folders are synced), or any file or folder with \/*?":<>| in the name.
- Decentralized fragment-and-disperse storage across a collection of heterogeneous clouds for maximal security. Supports a Virtual Private Cloud model for complete control by the enterprise customer. Supports Sync Groups for greater control over synchronization of files across multiple devices.
- Performance degrades with more than 300,000 files in sync folder. This is a soft limit.
- Limited to 80,000 files per top level sync folder. To workaround, you can create multiple syncing folders, but each top level folder is limited to 80k files. Also, Microsoft outlook and Apple iTunes databases are unsupported.
- A 3-layer encrypted storage supports privacy for an unlimited file version retrieval. Restore any file from any point in time.
- Bitcasa closed its services in February 2017.
- Copy was discontinued on May 1, 2016 
- Dell DataSafe was discontinued on June 11, 2015.
- Mozy, shutdown in 2019, and it redirects users to Carbonite
- Norton Zone was discontinued on July 7, 2014.
- Streamload aka MediaMax
- Ubuntu One was discontinued on June 1, 2014.
- Windows Live Mesh
- Wuala was discontinued on November 15, 2015.
- File hosting service
- Remote backup service
- Comparison of online music lockers
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Cloud storage
- Shared disk access
- File sharing
- List of backup software
- "Security Now! Transcript of Episode #349".
- "How Backblaze uses Encryption to Protect your Data". Archived from the original on 2016-03-17. Retrieved 2014-10-09.
- "Overview - Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage is a cloud service for storing files in the cloud". Backblaze. 2020-06-25. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "百度网盘 帮助中心". Baidu.com. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Barracuda Backup Service - Integrated Local and Offsite Backup". Barracudanetworks.com. 2009-02-09. Archived from the original on 2012-08-16. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- How to mount Box on Linux
- How to establish a webdav connection in GNOME3
- "Box for Enterprise IT: Security Leadership in The Cloud". Box.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Box and WebDAV".
- "Box feature comparison".
- Managing Your Private Encryption Key
- Bandwidth Allocation Archived 2012-07-14 at archive.today, retrieved 2012-01-25
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-09-03. Retrieved 2014-08-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- HomePremier and Business plans only: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-18. Retrieved 2011-11-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- HomePlus, HomePremier and Business plans only: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-18. Retrieved 2011-11-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Network Drive (WebDAV)".
- "Backup Software, Best Windows Backup Software Features - Comodo Backup". Backup.comodo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "PRO FAQs". CrashPlan PRO. Codefortytwo Software. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Archive Encryption Key Security". CrashPlan. Codefortytwo Software. October 25, 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- http://support.crashplan.com/doku.php/faq/mozy#are_crashplan_unlimited_plans_really_unlimited, throttled by setting by default http://support.crashplan.com/doku.php/reference_guide/settings#network Archived 2011-03-05 at the Wayback Machine
- "reference:real_time_backups [CrashPlan Support Site]". Support.crashplan.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- About Us, Code 42 Software
- Dropbox Lied to Users About Data Security, Complaint to FTC Alleges | Threat Level | Wired.com
- "Can I upload large files to Dropbox?". Dropbox.com. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- Security & Privacy - Online Storage Protection and Secure File Sharing for Egnyte Cloud File Server
- "Egnyte map drive".
- Linux | ElephantDrive. Home.elephantdrive.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- Download Android App | ElephantDrive. Home.elephantdrive.com (2011-12-09). Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- What is a Personal Key in the encryption settings? : Knowledge Base and Support Center
- "ElephantDrive: How do I set up my Trunk (mapped) drive?".
- Everywhere folder : Help Desk. Support.elephantdrive.com (2012-07-05). Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- Tutorials Archived 2014-02-21 at the Wayback Machine. Vault.elephantdrive.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- "Clicking Clean: How Companies are Creating the Green Internet" (PDF). Greenpeace. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-28. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Where is my ElephantDrive data physically stored?". 2009-09-04. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- Google Drive Is Coming to Linux
- Teresa Wu, community manager for Google drive apps promised linux client in Apr 2012
- Google Drive for Linux Screenshots leak after years of promises
- G Suite Business
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides size limits "Files that you upload but don't convert to a Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides format can be up to 5TB each."
- Google Green - Renewable energy
- Statt, Nick (18 July 2018). "Apple's iCloud partner in China will store user data on servers of state-run telecom". The Verge.
- "Web-only access to iCloud". apple.com.
Web-only iCloud accounts are limited to 1GB of storage.
- "iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support". Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Apps to backup your PC, Mac, Linux, Servers, iOS, Android and Windows Phone to IDrive cloud". Archived from the original on 15 October 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "IDrive features multiple device backup, hybrid backup and more..." Archived from the original on 16 January 2018. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "IDrive pricing plans". Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Jumpshare Landing Page". Jumpshare. Jumpshare, Inc. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "General Help". Jumpshare. Jumpshare, Inc.
- Encryption and Account Keys : Jungle Disk Support
- "Jungle Disk WebDAV". Archived from the original on 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Amazon AWS: Jungle Disk".
- | SysTools Office 365 Backup
- http://forums.proxure.com/viewtopic.php?t=2141, http://forums.proxure.com/viewtopic.php?t=1389
- "Livedrive WebDAV access".
- We provide for user controlled encryption (UCE) where you, the user, control the keys.
- "How secure is my data?". Support.mimedia.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-15. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Does MiMedia Support WebDAV Or FTP?". Support.mimedia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- Storage Made Easy supports OneDrive
- Microsoft SkyDrive for Android app is now available
- Defend yourself from cybercrime with new Office 365 capabilities, Microsoft monitoring, censoring SkyDrive uploads? | WMPoweruser
- Support page about Max File upload size
- "Does SpiderOak use encryption when storing and transferring data?".
- The company refers to this as "No Knowledge"
- "SpiderOak FAQ: SpiderOak can not map network drives". Archived from the original on 2014-03-31.
- https://spideroak.com/manual/preferences Archived 2014-02-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Data and File Security - Secure Online Backup – SugarSync
- SugarSync password recovery
- What is max file size for upload? Archived 2013-02-03 at the Wayback Machine "There is no maximum file size limit for adding the file through the SugarSync Manager application. However, there is a 100MB limit for files being uploaded through the SugarSync website."
- Syncplicity User Manual / About Syncplicity Archived 2012-01-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Cryptography. Tarsnap (2009-09-04). Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- "Tarsnap service is provided using infrastructure from Amazon Web Services".
- "Tresorit on Linux".
- "Tresorit Send FAQ".
- https://support.tresorit.com/hc/en-us/articles/224348627-Does-Tresorit-have-a-free-plan- and https://tresorit.com/solo in FAQ "What happens if I cancel my trial or a subscription I'm paying for?"
- "Tresorit Pricing Comparison".
- "Encryption for your Backups | Unitrends Incrypt". Unitrends.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- UpdateStar - Simplify your software life
- Even though UpdateStar allows you to manage your own private key, they also have an Encryption Key Recovery Service. How that exactly works is not clear from the website.
- Server Edition
- "Console client for Linux". Yandex. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- Questions and Answers
- "Yandex and WebDAV".
- Zcb Faq. Zmanda.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-10.
- "Zmanda cloud storage options".
- Internet security: Keys to the cloud castle | The Economist
- Why I Use Jungle Disk and Tarsnap — Evil Routers
- Snowden: Dropbox is hostile to privacy, unlike 'zero knowledge' Spideroak | Technology | theguardian.com
- "usenet backup". Wikihow.com. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- "Overview - Extended Version History". Backblaze. 2020-06-25. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- http://www.dropbox.com/help/122/en 12/2013
- "Recovering Older Versions of Files". Mozy. Archived from the original on April 4, 2015. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Box Sync 3.X Behavior, Limitations, And Recommendations".
- "How many files can I store in my Dropbox?".
- "Sugarsync desktop app limitations".
- "Trustbox backup".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2014-06-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Copy and CubaDrive End-of-life".
- "Dell DataSafe Online service will be shut down on June 11, 2015". Archived from the original on June 25, 2014.
- "Norton Zone End of Life FAQ". Archived from the original on 2014-06-06. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Ubuntu One file services have been shut down". Archived from the original on 2014-06-14. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Wuala Shutdown Notice". Archived from the original on 2015-08-18.