List of online booksellers
A list of booksellers who predominantly sell new or used books online, although some may sell other items as well; some may also sell through brick and mortar stores. Incorporated is a list of online marketplaces to which numerous small independent booksellers belong.
- AbeBooks, online marketplace for used books, owned by amazon.com since 2008
- Alibris an online marketplace for used but also new books
- Amazon.com the "world's largest bookstore" that began by selling books from its website in 1995, and is now the world's largest online retailer of consumer goods. It operates country-specific versions of its website for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, and The United Kingdom
- Americana Exchange, San Francisco based bookseller of rare and antique books
- Angus & Robertson, a 130 year old Australian bookstore. They are one of Australia's iconic brands.
- Barnes & Noble the largest retail bookstore chain in the United States, operating more than 600 brick and mortar stores throughout the 50 states. It began experimenting with selling books online as early as the late 1980s
- Biblio.com an online marketplace catering to the book collector
- BibliOZ The Book Search Wizard leading specialist Australasian search engine for out-of-print, used and hard-to-find books established in 1999 featuring millions of books listed from the inventory of thousands of booksellers worldwide
- Books A Million the second largest bookstore chain in the United States
- The Book Depository owned by amazon.com, offers free shipping for books to addresses worldwide
- Book People is a discount bookseller based in Godalming, Surrey, United Kingdom. It also sells in workplaces and schools via a nationwide network of Book People Local distributors.
- Booktopia is Australia's largest online bookstore. They have 128,000 in stock titles with 800,000 units ready to ship from their 100,000 sq ft distribution centre.
- Borders Books and Music (defunct as of 2011) a chain of brick and mortar stores that began selling books online relatively late, in 2008, after ending a marketing alliance with amazon
- Chegg.com is an online bookstore which rents and sells books in United States.
- Half.com is an online bookstore which sells second hand or used books in United States (defunct as of 10/31/17)
- Powell's Books a chain of brick and mortar stores that also sells online, based out of Portland, Oregon
- Rahva Raamat is the largest book retail and wholesale trade company in Estonia, which has a history of over hundred years.