List of online grocers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of notable online grocers. Online grocers are grocery stores that allow private individuals and businesses to purchase groceries and grocery products online. The companies then deliver the orders to consumers.
- Giant Hypermarket Online - in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Cambodia and formerly Vietnam.
- Honestbee founded in 2012 by Joel sng (online supermarket in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand).
- Amazon Fresh
- Flipkart Grocery Store
- Godrej Nature's Basket
- Spencer's Retail
- Coles Online – an online retail website operated by Coles Supermarkets, one of Australia's largest companies.
- Woolworths Supermarket Online
- Harris Farm Markets Online Home Delivery
- Migros Online (formerly LeShop.ch) - a Swiss online supermarket and one of Europe’s largest online grocery stores
- Co-op Food
- Farmdrop – an online food delivery company that distributes foods to consumers that is sourced from local farmers and fishermen.
- Sainsbury's Online
- Morrisons systems and delivery outsourced to Ocado
- Marks & Spencer (currently offers "bundles" of food for occasions but will soon offer full online grocery shopping via a partnership with Ocado)
- Grocery Gateway – Longo's acquired the online grocery retailer Grocery Gateway in 2004.
- Save-On-Foods 
- Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery – an online grocery service operating along the west coast of North America that predominantly focuses in organic groceries
- Thrifty Foods
- Amazon Prime Pantry – a service of Amazon.com available only to Amazon Prime members.
- AmazonFresh (membership-based)
- Blue Apron
- Crowd Cow
- Google Express (personal shopper service)
- Home Chef – a Chicago, Illinois-based weekly meal kit company that delivers pre-portioned ingredients and recipes to subscribers.
- Instacart (personal shopper service)
- My Cloud Grocer – a grocery eCommerce software platform for the supermarket chains
- Peapod (East Coast)
- Safeway Inc.
- Shipt (membership-based personal shopper service)
- Whole Foods
- Winder Farms (West Coast)
- FreshDirect (New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Pennsylvania/Delaware/Washington D.C)
- Hy-Vee's Aisles Online (Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin)
- Kroger (CO/WY/TX)
- OurHarvest (NYC via Uber)
- Pink Dot (Los Angeles)
- Vons (Southern California)
- Giant Eagle (PA/OH)
- Jet (dry goods only)
- Kozmo.com (defunct but possibly re-launching)
- HomeGrocer (defunct, one of the first online supermarket businesses)
- Webvan (defunct)
- Ubaidillah Masli (23 March 2008). "Bruneians go all out for Giant bargains". The Brunei Times. Archived from the original on 16 April 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Malaysia's Giant Opens First Cambodia Supermarket". Khmer Times. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 22 January 2019.[permanent dead link]
- Quoc Hung. "Supermarket Giant to be opened in Vietnam". The Saigon Times. Archived from the original on 2016-04-16. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- Sim, Walter (July 20, 2017). "Singapore grocery concierge service Honestbee buzzes towards 'global store' concept". The Straits Times. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- Liu, Jie (September 2012). "The key cornerstones to successful B2C: a case study of an online grocer in China". Proceedings of the CUBE International Information Technology Conference: 618–622. doi:10.1145/2381716.2381835. S2CID 13094237. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Goh, Chor Boon (2003). Serving Singapore: a hundred years ofCold Storage, 1903-2003. Singapore: Cold Storage Singapore. ISBN 9813065702.
- "Does e-tailing have a rosy future? Watch Coles online". Archived from the original on 2012-11-02.
- "Supermarket duopoly blamed for soaring food prices". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "David Harris prepares to pass the baton".
- "The disputed legacy".
- Hickey, Shane (4 December 2015). "Stay local – and freshen up your supply chain". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "TESCO gears up for catalogue drive".
- "Rappi". Archived from the original on 2019-10-20. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- Palmer, Daniel. "Save-on-Foods to move into Safeway locations in Victoria, Saanich - Victoria News". Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "PriceSmart converts to Save-On-Foods - Langley News". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- Krstic, Zee; Abdelrahman, Amina Lake; Institute, Good Housekeeping (2020-04-14). "10 Grocery Delivery Services That Are Fulfilling Orders Right Now". Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 2020-11-20.
- Gushue, Jen. "The best places to buy groceries online". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-11-20.
- Saul Hansell (June 2, 2005). "Internet Grocer Names Chairman". The New York Times.
- "7 things you probably don't know about Amazon Prime".